Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    My expectation is trim the fat Marvel. No more multiple books for creators. 2 books should be the maximum. How can it be a house of Ideas if the same ppl keep writing the same things in every book?
    Bendis is writing 4-5 books, this has to got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that book was probably the best Nova fans could have asked for but it just plummeted in sales for whatever reason.

I think it'll be a while before we see another Nova book.
    I think people were expecting another Sean Ryan run plus the relaunches ended the book.

Well, Kamala and Jane are both in the Avengers cartoon now, which just shows their popularity. Jane doesn't have her powers yet, but Odinson has been captured sans Mjolnir and the hammer was seen blasting off into the sky on it's own, plus Jane is shown with long blonde hair (didn't want to confuse the kids by giving her shorter brunette hair like in the comics I guess, and they're obviously not adapting the cancer story), so I think it's obvious she'll have her powers and be on the team by the end of the season. Can't see her being removed from the comics, though the cancer thing needs to be resolved ASAP. Kamala's sales in the direct market aren't good but her digital sales and trades should allow some breathing space.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Kamala and Jane are both in the Avengers cartoon now, which just shows their popularity. Jane doesn't have her powers yet, but Odinson has been captured sans Mjolnir and the hammer was seen blasting off into the sky on it's own, plus Jane is shown with long blonde hair (didn't want to confuse the kids by giving her shorter brunette hair like in the comics I guess, and they're obviously not adapting the cancer story), so I think it's obvious she'll have her powers and be on the team by the end of the season. Can't see her being removed from the comics, though the cancer thing needs to be resolved ASAP. Kamala's sales in the direct market aren't good but her digital sales and trades should allow some breathing space.
    I don't think anybody should be too worried about Kamala and JaneThor, even if I expect Thor (Odinson) will be back in a big way come Ragnarok and probably shouldn't be too worried about what's going to happen to him in Avengers: Secret Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    My main concern is that the Legacy Heroes might get shafted because of the few, yet extremely noisy, minority that hate them.
    Depending exactly on which character you're talking about it might not be a minority.
    Ironheart for example comes to mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Depending exactly on which character you're talking about it might not be a minority.
    Ironheart for example comes to mind.
    Yup. With all of the shilling her 7th issue still managed to sell <2k above Infamous' 8th issue, which gets 0 press. People obviously didn't take to her. If I'm being honest, I would like her to be removed from canon, for the same reasons Alpha was removed from Spider-Man's book.

Rumor: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...teased-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that book was probably the best Nova fans could have asked for but it just plummeted in sales for whatever reason.

I think it'll be a while before we see another Nova book.
    I think it is normal that fans of Richard weren't eager to pick up a book after years of alienation just because it features a character they like next to a character they don't like who is likely going to be main focus. Marvel split a fanbase that wasn't that big in the first place and results are telling.

And with time we are going to see more of such situations unless Marvel makes up their mind if they are going to focus on "original" or "replacement".

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Yup. With all of the shilling her 7th issue still managed to sell <2k above Infamous' 8th issue, which gets 0 press. People obviously didn't take to her. If I'm being honest, I would like her to be removed from canon, for the same reasons Alpha was removed from Spider-Man's book.

Rumor: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...teased-marvel/
    That explains Thing's corner box head shot then.

Personally just give me interesting, well written series to read and stick with the plan of no big events for a while so that the books I read can take time to breath and do their thing. If they want to bring back classic characters while also keeping newer characters that's fine, just have people who can write the characters well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It will be interesting as rebirth sent a few of my favourite characters into oblivion, hopefully Riri stays on her book is one the few Marvel books I still buy. As a big x-23 fan I'm hoping Logan return doesn't mean bad things for Laura however judging by how she is completely ignored in all the new x books it doesn't look good.

I honestly feel like it's gonna be kind of irrelevant, just like "Marvel Now 2.0" we had not many months ago... Doesn't seem like Marvel will really bring back all the older heroes for real.

Astonishing Member

I'm always looking forward to new things Marvel and DC but I never get my hopes up because I know I'll be disappointed. This isn't a dig at either company; I think as I get older, my enthusiasm for comics isn't anywhere what it used to be.

I dunno.

One of my biggest concerns is that we'll just get more of the same from Marvel, and the summary for Legacy and with most of the creative teams staying on their respective books, that's seeming likely.

I enjoy Marvel's minority heroes but I'd like to see more respect shown to the classics then we have seen in the past few years and maybe re-focusing certain characters so they actually resemble themselves more and get them some better writing (subjective as that can be).

And, this has nothing to do with Legacy at all, but it would be nice if we got better cartoons .

Switch up the creative teams like the original marvel now
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd say my biggest hope is for the various flagship characters to return. I honestly believe we'd see far less posturing in the multiple sales threads if the "classic" characters actually still had ongoings. I felt like Marvel gambled trying to go all-in to attract the YA Crowd that was enamored with Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye, and ended up overplaying their hand.

So yeah, bring back Wolverine, Xavier, Cyclops and Jean Grey to the X-Men. Bring back the Fantastic Four. Bring back Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers, and Tony Stark to the Avengers. Bring Rhodey back to life. Make Hank Pym normal again.

The more "successful" legacy characters are perfectly fine continuing in their books. Kamala Khan, Jane Foster, Miles Morales, Laura.

I'd love to see the return of books like Marvel Teamup. We briefly saw a return of it with Avenging Spider-Man. Not every character can carry a monthly, so have book like Team-Up is the perfect way to showcase characters who can't carry their own books.

Contrary to popular sentiment, I actually don't mind Events as much, just stop with line-wide tie-ins.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Eh, I'm currently Enjoying Marvel Comics immensely at the moment so I can't really ask for much. I'm getting Miles in numerous books. Thor is awesome. Totally Awesome Hulk is hilarious, and well drawn and written. I'm enjoying Invincible Iron Man. Ms.Marvel and All New Wolverine has always been great. To be honest, there's very few things I could want from Marvel Legacy.

1) Change The Writer for Champions: You can tell Waid has personal favorites and characters like Miles get the short end of the stick. This was even more evident as we saw the writer for Secret Empire writing Miles WAY better. I said this before, but spencer writes FANTASTIC political strife in
    Sam Wilson's book. I think he would be a great replacement for Waid since Champions focuses a bit more on social issues.

2) More Books like Moon Girl: If there's one aspect that comics lack, it's representation for children. While Moon Girl of course drops in the direct market filled with 20+ year old men. In Scholastic, Moon Girl is doing absolutely fantastic. This should be only the beginning. Create a Thor Boy, A Captain Kid, A Hulk JR, and other characters meant for young ages. You creaked the door open and found success, now it's time to bust it wide open.

3) Give Blue Marvel a Solo: I like Ewing's ideas in Ultimate, I don't like how he writes Blue Marvel. The powerful aspect of Blue Marvel is clearly missing as Ewing focuses more on his exploration, intellectual side. We need a writer who can provide a better balance. I would LOOOOVEE if Aaron from The Mighty Thor to write it, I believe he could do wonders with Blue Marvel.

Other than that, I'm pretty much happy with Marvel. It's DC side that I heavily disappointed in.