Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Superman #25 Preview/Discussion

From multiversity:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/superman-25/

Superman is facing is most difficult challenge yet...

BANNED

Amazing Member

I already posted a thread about this, but that's fine.
    This issue looks great!

Superman, Batman and Robin, Frankenstein, and his Bride fighting a possessed Superboy and evil aliens. THIS is what superhero comics should be. Can't wait!

Heh, Kathy is still calling Robin "Garth" .

But he shouldn't have laid a hand on her in front of Jon...

Superman vs. Superboy. Ulp .

reminds me of this. Homage maybe?
    superman322.jpg

Astonishing Member

This is divine. Definitely my biggest hyped read for Wednesday. Manchester has such a beatdown coming, and as this is the culmination of TWENTY-FIVE! issues of build-up before a respite that dives us more into Rebirth-related stuff (not to mention, I'd like to see how much of Manchester's crazy scheme might link to Rebirth - he got back to the universe and suddenly Superman had a kid, after all!) I think this one might have some serious payoff.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    reminds me of this. Homage maybe?
    superman322.jpg
    I don't think it's an intentional homage since that's a pretty classic/common Superman pose.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow, did we just get a karate kid III reference?

I'm actually afraid for this current course of things.
    So finally we're gonna get son vs father.
    And I already suspect we're gonna see Superman fighting for his life against his mini-me.
    Until the next week comes and somehow Batman stops Manchester.
    Manchester goes down, Jon recuperates, but not without some side effects. Maybe because Black pushed Jon's powers to develop faster than they should, Jon will begin to either have them diminished, or we'll get a Christopher Kent case where Jon starts to grow older much faster to compensate for the power growth.

Anyway this was coming as surely as taxes always come.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wri-El View Post
    Until the next week comes and somehow Batman stops Manchester..
    The story ends with this issue.

And even if you were right, this book is usually out every TWO weeks, Action Comics would come before ''Batman saving the day''

Quote Originally Posted by Wri-El View Post
    I'm actually afraid for this current course of things.
    So finally we're gonna get son vs father.
    And I already suspect we're gonna see Superman fighting for his life against his mini-me.
    Until the next week comes and somehow Batman stops Manchester.
    Manchester goes down, Jon recuperates, but not without some side effects. Maybe because Black pushed Jon's powers to develop faster than they should, Jon will begin to either have them diminished, or we'll get a Christopher Kent case where Jon starts to grow older much faster to compensate for the power growth.

Anyway this was coming as surely as taxes always come.
    Actually, it could mean that Jon wasn't meant to be more powerful after all, but Black was manipulating him and that's what Batman's test showed (even if he didn't know it wasn't normal). So Jon won't have Black's manipulation and he won't have the power-reducing milk, so he should be more stable now.

I'm thinking the side effects will be more mental than anything - prompting the suggestion of a vacation to "reset" things.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Actually, it could mean that Jon wasn't meant to be more powerful after all, but Black was manipulating him and that's what Batman's test showed (even if he didn't know it wasn't normal). So Jon won't have Black's manipulation and he won't have the power-reducing milk, so he should be more stable now.
    But Batman scanned over his DNA. Chester explained last issue that he manipulated Jon's mind to suppress his powers (and now push them up). Wouldn't make much sense for a villain messing with your mind to rewrite what your DNA shows. Also why actively suppress Jon's powers via TK and milk if he's not more powerful than Superman? Why wouldn't he be actively increasing them during that time to surpass Superman? Chester seems to be banking on Jon's power being inherently greater than Clark's.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But Batman scanned over his DNA. Chester explained last issue that he manipulated Jon's mind to suppress his powers (and now push them up). Wouldn't make much sense for a villain messing with your mind to rewrite what your DNA shows. Also why actively suppress Jon's powers via TK and milk if he's not more powerful than Superman? Why wouldn't he be actively increasing them during that time to surpass Superman? Chester seems to be banking on Jon's power being inherently greater than Clark's.
    Oh, yeah! Good point. I guess I got my wires crossed when I read Kathy's "Black is pushing Jon's powers to the limit! My grandfather and I were trying to help."

My mistake on that!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Spectacular Member

Clark says: "She (Lois) is fine, son... just listen!"

Maybe that's a confirmation that the chopped leg was just an illusion by Chester...