Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Clark says: "She (Lois) is fine, son... just listen!"

Maybe that's a confirmation that the chopped leg was just an illusion by Chester...
    Or that he got her to the doctors in a soon enough time that she's ok. (minus some likely muscle rehab, maybe?)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

If the whole thing was a hallucination, then would that mean Clark still burned her when he thought he was cauterizing the stump?

Good art, can't wait to find out what Jon's new power is.

WOW, a BLACK mirror in his eyes of Superman..

Robin is right.. Donīt say that name..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-20-2017 at 05:26 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Any predictions on what the status of Jon's powers will be after this arc?

Maybe his powers respond like an overworked muscle and he loses his "gains," and they now his body has to heal? Basically Chester's desperation and deviation from his original plan (limit Jon's power, and introduce him to it in increments under his watchful eye) is going to backfire, and he ends up overtaxing Jon's body (because Chester didn't allow him all of his powers in the first place, so his body hasn't had time to acclimate) and leaving him at a lower level while they build back up.

But since Chester's influence (or the milk) is no longer in play we can now have Jon gain new powers that deviate from Superman's overtime, but the overall potency will be diminished do to the above. Basically solves the whole "I don't want him stronger than Superman" stuff.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Frankly I'm kinda hoping the tests Batman did were affected by the general weirdness of Hamilton, the greater sense of illusion that Black has working within its borders. and that the off the chart potential Batman's tests showed were affected by said overall illusion. He didn't say he did anything like that, nor have even I worked out in my head the potential sense doing such a thing might make, but I'm still not a fan of uber-potential Jon after some months of trying to get used to the idea. But I imagine something like Superlad's ideas are more likely. And I can deal with that if so.

The idea of him with somewhat a different power set I could go for. It worked for Kon in differentiating him from Superman, before Johns screwed it all up. Such uniqueness could benefit Jon as well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I guess I just don't understand the actual issue when Jon's uber-potential (in terms of raw power) won't likely be a tangible issue. The "why don't they just throw Jon at it" being an issue doesn't seem like much of an issue if he can't use that power till he's older (something that won't actually happen naturally or for an extended amount of time). Simply just by saying his powers were overtaxed and now need a long, long time to repair, so he's stuck at his current level of potency seems to solve basically every story concern regarding Jon being strong than Clark. And with the "their repairing" cop-out you're still allowed to give him new powers that Clark doesn't have but with a level of potency comparable to his current powers.

I'm still not clear on the issue with it simply being potential.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Basically I don't care for the idea of any offspring of Kal-El having the potential to be more powerful than him. I think he should still be the gold standard, be it in actual practice and future potential. I suppose its a nitpick with me but its the way I feel with any major star of certain mythoi that is based around one central character. I didn't care for the idea that Gohan had more potential than Goku. I don't like the insinuation that other Amazons can be Wonder Woman. I didn't really care for the idea that there could be other Slayers at the same time who were just as good as Buffy. So it goes beyond just a Superman thing. Its just the way I'm wired I guess when it comes to my fiction when it comes to these types of set-ups.

To me one of the drawbacks, if one could call it a drawback, to being the Sons and/or Daughters of Superman is knowing that you will never be Superman. And to be honest I think there's cool pathos to be had there from a characterization end. Draw off the symbolic well of children trying to live up to a parent. To me, much more intriguing than managing a kid who could be "OMG better than Superman one day!". Again this is just me, I get others don't even care one way or another.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Basically I don't care for the idea of any offspring of Kal-El having the potential to be more powerful than him. I think he should still be the gold standard, be it in actual practice and future potential. I suppose its a nitpick with me but its the way I feel with any major star of certain mythoi that is based around one central character. I didn't care for the idea that Gohan had more potential than Goku. I don't like the insinuation that other Amazons can be Wonder Woman. I didn't really care for the idea that there could be other Slayers at the same time who were just as good as Buffy. So it goes beyond just a Superman thing. Its just the way I'm wired I guess when it comes to my fiction when it comes to these types of set-ups.
    I guess there's no real arguing that. I don't agree with it at all, but I can understand being wired that way just because.

To me one of the drawbacks, if one could call it a drawback, to being the Sons and/or Daughters of Superman is knowing that you will never be Superman. And to be honest I think there's cool pathos to be had there from a characterization end. Draw off the symbolic well of children trying to live up to a parent. To me, much more intriguing than managing a kid who could be "OMG better than Superman one day!". Again this is just me, I get others don't even care one way or another.
    But I feel it's more symbolic of each new real-life generation being better in terms of advancements and knowledge than the one before. We now have the entire history of our plant in a 5 to 6 inch device in our back pockets that we sometimes drop getting out of the car. Our struggle is not getting too caught up in the weight of all of our collective capability, and instead put it to good use. Jon would then be the embodiment of that.

He (like all of us) needs to take all of his vast potential and put it to good use. He needs to live up to the moral standard that his father leaves him with, and that's something that can be hard. That feels more "Superman" to me personally.

spoilers:
    Well that seemingly rules out future Jonathan as a suspect for Mr. Oz. And Oz being Adrian Veidt seems to be a red herring. Jor El? Lex? Pariah? Bibbo? Idk. Damn this has me really stumped.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-20-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    spoilers:
    Well that seemingly rules out future Jonathan as a suspect for Mr. Oz. And Oz being Adrian Veidt seems to be a red herring. Jor El? Lex? Pariah? Bibbo? Idk. Damn this has me really stumped.
    end of spoilers
    Damn, rules him out completely?! That's unexpected. How come?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Damn, rules him out completely?! That's unexpected. How come?
    spoilers:
    we get a brief glimpse into the future where Jon is Superman and Damian is Batman. Doesn't nessesarilly mean he isn't Oz but it's enough to put some serious doubt in that theory
    end of spoilers