Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Although I am loving Afterlife with Archie (as well as anything Kevin Keller, Sabrina and Josie and the Pussycats), I am not familiar with Archie's superheroes. I guess the creative team will be the selling point (or not) for me. I never imagined Archie Comics would be my favourite publisher at the age of 28, but here we are!

Spectacular Member

I'm excited for this.

I love the crusaders. I picked up some of the 80's comics when I was a kid and I really liked them. it's a tragedy that no one really knows who these hero's are, they know that they were published by DC comics a couple of times but the simple fact that the "classic" version of the characters have totally fallen into obscerity is a shame.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I look forward to getting some more concrete info on launch date, titles, creative, and so on. Maybe at SDCC or NYCC?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I look forward to getting some more concrete info on launch date, titles, creative, and so on. Maybe at SDCC or NYCC?
    I will be going to the Archie panel at SDCC most likely, but in the info about the panel they don't say they will be talking about it. So I guess we shall see.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Just read an article about a new Shield and Black Hood. It also said that The Fox by Waid and Haspiel is getting a sequel. Slightly confusing as The Fox was set in the old/classic/New Crusaders continuity. He teamed up with a young version of the original Shield and a couple of old obscure MLJ heroes, sooooo does that mean the old continuity still exists but just in The Fox or will The Fox continue with no continuity references? Which continuity will the new female Shield and Black Hood be in? One where they are the latest incarnations or a brand new one?

From the original press release it would appear that everything that has come before is null and void and these books will be moving forward with a brand new continuity and no baggage , so I wouldn't worry about what came before unless you just want something fun to read.

Sans The Fox, which continues from the last book.
    Last edited by Bslythegamerguy; 07-17-2014 at 01:01 PM.

I am really looking forward to The Shield, love the new female hero and the design.

Are all three of the new ones going to be ongoings? Or minis?
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I am really looking forward to The Shield, love the new female hero and the design.
    Are all three of the new ones going to be ongoings? Or minis?
    They allude to at least one of the three being ongoing, my guess is that all three of the initial books willbe ongoing.

There are other kid-friendly books out there as well as back issues.

If there were a stronger market for material like that I'm sure we'd still be seeing the last version of New Crusaders.

Archie's still going to be publishing the rest of their line.

As far as the New Crusaders sequel, it sounds like it's done and paid for, just like dozens if not hundreds of other stories at other publishers, that may or may never see the light of day. It happens.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    They allude to at least one of the three being ongoing, my guess is that all three of the initial books willbe ongoing.
    Ah good. I hope so. Nothing wrong with mini series, but I do enjoy a good ongoing more lol. But if they add mini series, maybe they can do what Dark Horse is doing. Have 3 main ongoings then add mini series into the mix. I like that.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    There are other kid-friendly books out there as well as back issues.

If there were a stronger market for material like that I'm sure we'd still be seeing the last version of New Crusaders.

Archie's still going to be publishing the rest of their line.

As far as the New Crusaders sequel, it sounds like it's done and paid for, just like dozens if not hundreds of other stories at other publishers, that may or may never see the light of day. It happens.
    As Far As Marvel And DC Go....there aren't too many kid friendly books

Kids love superheroes but superheroes aren't for kids anymore

There's DC and Marvel comics going back 50 years, since the Comics Code Authority, with a very sizeable backlog to pick from, besides the more contemporary stuff from the 90's or so based off the animated series, etc.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

So in this USA article they are all ongoings here is more info:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/12778383/

I am pretty excited!

Does any know if any of the old The Shield stuff was ever collected? Like from pops comics till the latest? I want to check them out.
    Pulls:

The Shield: America's 1st Patriotic Comic Book Hero #1

Reprints Pep Comics #1-5 and Shield-Wizard Comics #1 (three stories). Born into the comics in 1940, the Shield was a patriot preserving truth, justice and the American way before the war broke out and the rest of comicdom got on the band wagon. The super patriot worked for Hoover and the FBI, foiling plots by dreadful dictators and ruthless (and fictional) foreign governments. He even defended Pearl Harbor from enemy attack, more than a year before it actually happened!

Eight Golden Age classics, with their original covers reprinted as well.

Notice 1940, not 1941, beating Captain America to the punch by a year and being the first patriotic hero in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    The Shield: America's 1st Patriotic Comic Book Hero #1

Reprints Pep Comics #1-5 and Shield-Wizard Comics #1 (three stories). Born into the comics in 1940, the Shield was a patriot preserving truth, justice and the American way before the war broke out and the rest of comicdom got on the band wagon. The super patriot worked for Hoover and the FBI, foiling plots by dreadful dictators and ruthless (and fictional) foreign governments. He even defended Pearl Harbor from enemy attack, more than a year before it actually happened!

Eight Golden Age classics, with their original covers reprinted as well.

Notice 1940, not 1941, beating Captain America to the punch by a year and being the first patriotic hero in comics.
    Sweet! Thanks a lot! Is he only in Pep comics 1 to 5? If not is there more trades or a list I can find somewhere? Thanks a lot!

Also here is the website it says more coming soon:
    http://darkcirclecomics.com/

I like the new logo.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-18-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Pulls: