Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Archie seems to be forgetting the kids these days.
    Most comic companies are.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

All ages books just don't sell so I applaud Archie for going darker. The Marvel Adventures line by Marvel and the Johnny DC line by DC didn't sell jack and the current Marvel all ages stuff isn't moving either, so to be upset at Archie for not going all ages is like being upset that they don't want to fail.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    All ages books just don't sell so I applaud Archie for going darker. The Marvel Adventures line by Marvel and the Johnny DC line by DC didn't sell jack and the current Marvel all ages stuff isn't moving either, so to be upset at Archie for not going all ages is like being upset that they don't want to fail.
    I agree. Plus Archie still has some amazing kid books. Archie, Sonic, Mega-man. Its not like they just dropped all there kids books for these. Plus I bet The Shield is not going to be that dark.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/07/bri...am-christopher
    An awesome interview about the new Shield and we learn a bit more about her too. I can't wait! I hope we get to learn a bunch at SDCC.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    Most comic companies are.
    which is unfortunate because some readers are parents and some of them might want to share the joy they get from reading comic books with their kids....they can't really do that if all the books they read are gritty and dark

if a child loves batman or spider-man....what can you do?(Honestly not much regardless because comic shops are impossible to locate)

Loads of People are loving the idea of batgirl's new direction because they feel like they are drowning in Dark depressing stories wherever they go and they are left to assume there's no joy and happiness to be found in superhero comics

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    (Honestly not much regardless because comic shops are impossible to locate)
    That depends on your area.

And I think some Spider-man stories can be a little more safer for kids. Not Batman. But Batman 66 is something they could read. And I bet some of the Shield will be better for kids then Black Hood. Just read the stories before hand and pick and choice what is ok for your kid. Not every parent is the same. I know some kids who went and saw the Dark Knight movies. These are 8 year old kids, watching those kinda movies, and loving it. Dressing up as Batman. I think some stories are safer then other and it can be done.

But comics aren't the target has much anymore. They make more money from selling stuff for teens and adults now.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    which is unfortunate because some readers are parents and some of them might want to share the joy they get from reading comic books with their kids....they can't really do that if all the books they read are gritty and dark

if a child loves batman or spider-man....what can you do?(Honestly not much regardless because comic shops are impossible to locate)

Loads of People are loving the idea of batgirl's new direction because they feel like they are drowning in Dark depressing stories wherever they go and they are left to assume there's no joy and happiness to be found in superhero comics
    There are kid versions of Spider-Man and others. Most of the time they get made and never mentioned.

Went to the Archie panel today! They talked a bit about Dark Circle, not much. But I asked 2.99 or 3.99 pricing, and early 2015 for release date.
    Pulls:

Are you sure? I bet that Archie or Adventure Hour sell more than any Marvel/DC book. The readers of all-ages books just happen to be outside the regular customers of an LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Are you sure? I bet that Archie or Adventure Hour sell more than any Marvel/DC book. The readers of all-ages books just happen to be outside the regular customers of an LCS.
    Yeah, last time time an Archie title cracked the top 300 I probably wasn't even born yet, and I'm 33 now. I'm sure Afterlife with Archie actually does well, but yeah, nowhere near Marvel/DC numbers.

LOL.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Archie Comics will relaunch its superhero line with the new Dark Circle banner under the watch of editor and senior VP of marketing Alex Segura.

Full article here.
    As in the Dark Circles under our eyes waiting for Segura to create another bomb with this line of comics. After the latest iteration lets start a campaign to get Archie to sell Red Circle outright to a group that like Valiant could actually put out a quality line and crossover into the multimedia franchises that RC has the potential to do. Leaving it in Archies hands is a joke.

Based on what they are saying at SDCC on in the interviews I think they are going to do a great job this time. They are treating it way different this time. Its not like Archie does not do good quality stories. So they could put that into Dark Circle. Also they have brand new writers on these titles. Writers who have done great stories in the past, in books for some and in comics for others. Things will be different this time I believe.
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

in regards to all ages comics I'd rather see the characters used like they are gonna use them then have them try another all ages thing and have it just sell "so so" and then have the characters shelved for years and years. I look forward to this.

(I don't know how well the new crusaders sold a couple of years back, if it sold well then I'm mistaken)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    in regards to all ages comics I'd rather see the characters used like they are gonna use them then have them try another all ages thing and have it just sell "so so" and then have the characters shelved for years and years. I look forward to this.

(I don't know how well the new crusaders sold a couple of years back, if it sold well then I'm mistaken)
    I agree. Why travel the same road when you know it's not going to get you where you need to go? If all-ages wasn't working than the next logical step is to try something different, at least if it doesn't work they can say that they tried but I do have the feeling that it's going to work out just fine.

You make a good point. For some reason, Marvel Adventures and Johnny DC have been a failure.