Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Default The Uncharted Series

I'm happy that Naughty Dog is continuing the series in some form with this up-coming game featuring Chloe and Nadine Ross.

With that said, I'm one of those people who feel as though Uncharted is Nathan Drake and vise versa. To me, video game characters, like comic book heroes, don't need to age. They're flesh and blood in a figurative sense. When I think about it, I feel as though Naughty Dog could've easily done something similar to how Rockstar treats GTA. Basically, every four or five years, bring Drake and Sully back to find some crazy treasure. By keeping the series dormant for those amount of years, people should come back in droves.

I'm happy that The Lost Legacy is on the way and I'll pick it up, but what do you guys think? Should it have continued with Nathan Drake, or are you glad that Chloe's getting the spot-light next?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan#1 View Post
    I'm happy that Naughty Dog is continuing the series in some form with this up-coming game featuring Chloe and Nadine Ross.

With that said, I'm one of those people who feel as though Uncharted is Nathan Drake and vise versa. To me, video game characters, like comic book heroes, don't need to age. They're flesh and blood in a figurative sense. When I think about it, I feel as though Naughty Dog could've easily done something similar to how Rockstar treats GTA. Basically, every four or five years, bring Drake and Sully back to find some crazy treasure. By keeping the series dormant for those amount of years, people should come back in droves.

I'm happy that The Lost Legacy is on the way and I'll pick it up, but what do you guys think? Should it have continued with Nathan Drake, or are you glad that Chloe's getting the spot-light next?
    I think the next game should be a game focused on the growing changes with Nathan. He'll be in his 40's , he has a 10-12 year old daughter for some missions. Elena will factor in as will Sully/Chloe . I'd also bring back Charlie as well for some fun there. But the things with Uncharted that works is the fact the games age in time and Nathan gets older. You can do an Uncharted game with the daughter getting some work there as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think the next game should be a game focused on the growing changes with Nathan. He'll be in his 40's , he has a 10-12 year old daughter for some missions. Elena will factor in as will Sully/Chloe . I'd also bring back Charlie as well for some fun there.
    That'd be interesting and I hadn't thought of that. Considering, though, that Naughty Dog was adamant about part 4 being the last one, that's a scenario that we can only imagine. Through the story, there'd be small clues here and there that Drake's daughter has the potential to be just as good of an adventurer as him, but can't reach it quite yet because she's really young.

Honestly, I'd see it as a real ballsy move on their part if they decided to retract what they said about Nathan's adventures being over and continuing on with him.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 06-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt the series will continue after Lost Legacy. Naughty Dog doesn't stick to a series. If they did we would still get Jak games. They will move on to working on The Last of Us once Lost Legacy wraps.

As for Lost Legacy itself, I'm unsure about it. I never liked Chole in Uncharted 2 & 3 because of how cowardly she is. She's not the type of person you can count on in a pinch. I am interested in Nadine so it has that going for it.

It should have definitely continued with Drake and Sully. There was nothing wrong with how it ended that would make it a challenge to keep going.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt the series will continue after Lost Legacy. Naughty Dog doesn't stick to a series. If they did we would still get Jak games. They will move on to working on The Last of Us once Lost Legacy wraps.

As for Lost Legacy itself, I'm unsure about it. I never liked Chole in Uncharted 2 & 3 because of how cowardly she is. She's not the type of person you can count on in a pinch. I am interested in Nadine so it has that going for it.
    I think Naughty Dog is focusing its energy on Last of Us as a trilogy of games right now. I'm sure eventually they will discuss going back to Uncharted in a few years. Its too big an IP to not wanna focus a game on it really. So it will happen eventually. Maybe when the PS5 is rolling along.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

They reportedly are considering future Uncharted games. A sully/Sam one of course seems like a no brainer. They are reportedly even considering a Cutter spin-off. Heck, they might even be able to bring back Talbot, given his abilities at creating hallucinations and illusions, maybe Drake didn't kill him after all.

Maybe stuff with Cassie could work out too I suppose, perhaps with Nathan as a supporting character. Nathan of course by the time of UC4's epilogue is pretty much a respectable archaeologist now with his less-legal adventures behind him. Maybe a generational thing like the last two Indiana Jones films? (Except without aliens).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They reportedly are considering future Uncharted games. A sully/Sam one of course seems like a no brainer. They are reportedly even considering a Cutter spin-off. Heck, they might even be able to bring back Talbot, given his abilities at creating hallucinations and illusions, maybe Drake didn't kill him after all.

Maybe stuff with Cassie could work out too I suppose, perhaps with Nathan as a supporting character. Nathan of course by the time of UC4's epilogue is pretty much a respectable archaeologist now with his less-legal adventures behind him. Maybe a generational thing like the last two Indiana Jones films? (Except without aliens).

I'd support a Cassie game with appearances by the cast. Nathan would have to be there as a part time character. Him and his daughter go on a mission. Its just ...can you have a 11/12 year old girl blasting away bad guys in fights ? That will be a big ...can they do that and not catch flack ?

I doubt they'd do a Cassie game at her current age, they'd age her up to a young adult at least before having her follow in her dad's footsteps (and killin' baddies). They could do playable flashbacks with her and Nathan, like they did with Nate in 3 & 4.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I doubt they'd do a Cassie game at her current age, they'd age her up to a young adult at least before having her follow in her dad's footsteps (and killin' baddies). They could do playable flashbacks with her and Nathan, like they did with Nate in 3 & 4.
    As much as a young adult Cassie game sounds good. Half the fun is the travel to that stage. I mean through 4 games Nathan Drake traveled to that stage of being a grown man who grew up. That you wanna get Cassie through a game or two , before she's 19/20 years old. But at the end it would be sweet to see her be 12/13 in one game , then we do a couple years later and she's 15/16. Then we go to the adult Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As much as a young adult Cassie game sounds good. Half the fun is the travel to that stage. I mean through 4 games Nathan Drake traveled to that stage of being a grown man who grew up. That you wanna get Cassie through a game or two , before she's 19/20 years old. But at the end it would be sweet to see her be 12/13 in one game , then we do a couple years later and she's 15/16. Then we go to the adult Cassie.
    Nope, not unless you're changing the nature of the franchise. Nate may have gotten older/matured in the course of Uncharted 1 to 4, but he was picking off bad guys all the way there. There's no way they're doing that with a pre-adult Cassie.

Like I said, playable flashbacks like 3 & 4 had with Nate would be the way to do what you want. "Dip your toes" in the innocent young Cassie adventures, but play most of the game focused on the more serious adult Cassie stuff.
    Conn Seanery

They wouldn't need to change the series all that much. A pre-adult Cassie can focus more on the platforming and puzzle solving elements of the series. If she needs to mow down enemies the games ain't a stranger to the supernatural.

They wouldn't need to change the series all that much. A pre-adult Cassie can focus more on the platforming and puzzle solving elements of the series. If she needs to mow down enemies the games ain't a stranger to the supernatural.
    If they're trying to appeal to the 10 and under crowd, sure. The rest of us have had 4 good games with a balance of puzzle solving, terrain challenges, and (in-game) life-threatening fighting, and may be looking for more of that. I'm not sure the franchise is going to pull those people back in with entire games of bopping bad guys on the head or Home Alone style hi-jinx tricks to subdue them.
    Conn Seanery

BANNED

Them not doing Jak games anymore probably has less to do with them not sticking to series, (they've been sticking to this one for ten years now) and more to do with those kind of mascot games being dead for everyone besides Nintendo by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Them not doing Jak games anymore probably has less to do with them not sticking to series, (they've been sticking to this one for ten years now) and more to do with those kind of mascot games being dead for everyone besides Nintendo by that point.
    Naughty Dog isn't the type of studio that pigeon hole themselves into one series. They always move on when they feel like they've been all they could with a series. There's been a few Jak games released after they stopped making them. If Sony wanted to keep that series going they could have.