Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Extremely variable. STARMAN, great. EARTH 2, competent to good. CRY FOR JUSTICE---ack.
    Yeah, he's way variable. In the New Krypton period for instance, his Jimmy Olsen stuff was cool, the Atlas (and Krypto) storyline solid. The Captain Atom backups ... pretty meh. But the Mon-El and Guardian stuff was pretty decent, and oddly more interesting than Rucka's Nightwing and Flamebird storyline running parallel. Rucka and Robinson were co-writers on "World of New Krypton", though, right? That was a solid book.

I thought his "Dick Grayson Batman"/Supergirl Justice League had cool concepts. Conversely I thought everything he touched related to Green Arrow was a total disaster.

I was having trouble thinking of the last DC thing he did that I read, but it popped into my head - the Not Quite New 52 "The Shade" maxi-series. That was a damn fine series.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Is there a hammer somewhere I can use to kill this idea before it makes it into print?

I think Robinson's generally a solid writer and an amazing one when he's really on his game, though he does have some major clunker's in his resume. I'm willing to give his take on Wonder Woman a shot

Actually, now that they've got Robinson back...I wonder if they're going to tap him to write the Rebirth of the Justice Society ?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Is there a hammer somewhere I can use to kill this idea before it makes it into print?
    Which idea? There's been a few.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I've enjoyed Pagulayan's art before; he was at Marvel doing one of the X books and Iron Man a few years ago.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

So this should be interesting. It was clearly Blonde Hippolyta that gave birth to Jason, so I wonder how this is going to work.

Then again, we still don't know if Brunette Hippolyte ever had an affair with Zeus, and if Diana is still his daughter. I guess we will find all that out next issue.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Oh, come on, let's give it a chance

I am thoroughly confused: I thought that The New 52 Diana was essentially dunzo post REBIRTH but Grail and Jason are going to show up in the not too distant future???

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, the article mentions What happens after issue #36?
    I am incredibly excited for this, but the fact that this is only slated for six issues is suspect.

Maybe one or two members of the creative team will change, maybe this is just a holdover until the writer that they want is available, maybe they're waiting out sales.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I am thoroughly confused: I thought that The New 52 Diana was essentially dunzo post REBIRTH but Grail and Jason are going to show up in the not too distant future???
    Maybe Jason is the new Nubia? Also made of clay, brought to life by Zeus.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Robinson is much more 'hit' for me than 'miss'. I'll come back to the book for his writing. Rucka's run just was so drug out and boring that I left after 8 issues.

this seems like such a missed opportunity to rebirth in diana's sister NUBIA and forget about "jason"

Both appeared in the Rebirth issue so I imagine there's still a need to address them here.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Grail and Jason's plotlines were both brought up in the Rebirth one shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Which idea? There's been a few.
    The one called 'Jason'.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Oh, come on, let's give it a chance
    Like I want to give cancer a chance of being benign.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

There has never been a DC retcon in which absolutely everything was wiped out. That goes all the way back to COIE. You dump the stuff that doesn't work and keep the stuff that does.

Grail has tremendous potential to be a great WW villain, so I have no problem keeping her. Jason? Eh. Too soon to tell, obviously. But I see no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--