Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Robinson's hit or miss with me but hopefully its good Robinson (Earth 2) as opposed to boring Robinson (Superman).

Glad to see Grail's going to be coming back into the fold.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I am thoroughly confused: I thought that The New 52 Diana was essentially dunzo post REBIRTH but Grail and Jason are going to show up in the not too distant future???

While that version of Diana IS gone and she's completely rehabilitated, that doesn't mean Superman Reborn wiped everything off the map.

Jason and Grail came up in the Rebirth one-shot last year, and it was established in the ''New World'' story over in Action Comics that Diana had her New Fifty-Two look for several years, it's just she never had the romance with Clark. Events from the New Fifty-Two still occurred here and there for certain characters, only in a different context.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-19-2017 at 01:28 PM.

The solicit makes it sound like Jason is not villainous, of which I am glad.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

- Opens the link to Newsarama -

"[...] James Robinson, Carlos Pagulayan and Emanuela Lupacchino [...]"

- Thinks -

Hey, this is not a bad line-up! I mean, I hope this Robinson is more Starman-Robinson than Cry for Justice-Robinson, though editorial probably played a role in the latter case, but there's a concrete possibility that finally -- FINALLY! the Wonder Woman title could go back to being readable...

- Keeps reading -

[...] will pick-up the long-simmering storyline concerning Jason, the brother to Wonder Woman that was revealed in 2016's "Darkseid War" [...]

- Thinks -

...Or maybe not.

- Closes the link, starts pondering whether he should quit the WW title once and for all as soon as the torture known as "second Rucka run" reaches its conclusion -

I'm calling it now, I think the concept of Jason is going to end up a successful addition to the Wonder Woman mythos.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Hmm...cautiously optimistic about this. The fact that Robinson is using Grail makes me think he's closely coordinating with John's on this. And who knows maybe this will lead to JSA Rebirth with John's co-writing/coordinating with Robinson!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm calling it now, I think the concept of Jason is going to end up a successful addition to the Wonder Woman mythos.
    In what way? That either people love him or despise him?

Fantastic Member

I was never a wonder woman fan only got stuff that looked good & guest appearances. but I'm sticking with it now because I love James & the art tem is top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Hmm...cautiously optimistic about this. The fact that Robinson is using Grail makes me think he's closely coordinating with John's on this. And who knows maybe this will lead to JSA Rebirth with John's co-writing/coordinating with Robinson!
    If Robinson is willing to do more DC work, given he's even working with DC to begin with, he's shot up the list as far as possible writers for JSA Rebirth in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Robinson has written some really good stuff. Granted Cry for Justice was garbage, but even he has acknowledged that he understands why people didn't like it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I do wish at times like this, we had a second Wonder Woman title. It does suck as fans, we don't have more options to read.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Robinson has written some really good stuff. Granted Cry for Justice was garbage, but even he has acknowledged that he understands why people didn't like it.
    Well, good!

I'd hate to think he was dense enough to not realize why people would be upset at the sight of one powerless dude completely pwning two entire teams of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. Or the horrible death of a little girl. Or turning Green Arrow into an executioner.

And that's not even getting into how completely OOC everyone was.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I was not expecting this at all !

Robinson back at DC? Lupacchino on Wonder Woman? The Jason/Grail storyline finally being addressed? The return of GIGANTA!? I'm hyped .

I wonder if Robinson will bring in Donna given he wrote her for his Justice League run? Probably too early to hope for that.
    It's a pretty interesting turn, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I am thoroughly confused: I thought that The New 52 Diana was essentially dunzo post REBIRTH but Grail and Jason are going to show up in the not too distant future???
    Seems like we might find out.

Luppachhino's art is bomb. I'm not familiar with the writing team though.
    Superhero shows are trash