Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Where do you get the presence of a powerful male character? We have no idea if Jason has any powers at all.

Unless you're talking about the Zeus origin? Still no evidence that it's real, so that seems like jumping the gun just a bit.
    Unless they are going to completely give Jason a new origin, which I doubt, then he and Diana are twins born from the adulterous affair with Zeus.

Well instead of Diana getting her powers from herself due to training, or all the Gods as blessings, she gets them from her unlimtate father. I'm sure her twin brother will have every power she has and then some.

D.C. Doesn't know how to write a strong, powerful woman so they have to say it comes from a man to make themselves feel better. And of course a woman can't have all that power, she has to share it with her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Having a brother (Lennox) didn't destroy her before, it's not gonna destroy her now. Jason's claim to fame will be as an extension of Wonder Woman, not the other way around. It's doubtful if he will even achieve Batgirl or Supergirl (female hero attached to a more popular male hero) status.

The cover they attached to the announcement also has three women on it with Jason nowhere in sight.

Rucka gave us an appropriate origin story. How she was conceived is not the same thing. There's not much from Diana's background that is left up to interpretation, as he actually showed us in Year One.
    Well it left us with five years of stories where she was the least interesting character in her own title. The damage from that five year blip out of seventy five even framed her movie. The world now thinks she came from Zeus. Seems pretty damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    This is like the fourth secret brother of Diana's that they've tried to shove in, after Lennox and Milan and the Firstborn. Maybe the eighth if you count her pre-Rebirth Olympian brothers.

It ain't that unique lol
    It is in the sense this will be a full-blown, biological brother. She's had half-brothers, she's had symbolic brothers, but she's never had a 100% biological sibling, much less twin. So in regards to the details, yes this is new and unique.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    That makes no sense. As if conan isn't a powerful man?

The brother story line is pretty unique. Aqua man is one of the few dc heroes with a sibling
    Conan isn't her husband/boyfriend/father/brother/son.

Bruce has an evil brother-Thomas Wayne Jr aka Owlman.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDiana View Post
    Unless they are going to completely give Jason a new origin, which I doubt, then he and Diana are twins born from the adulterous affair with Zeus.
    The Hippolyta who had the adulterous affair no longer exists. Clearly there's a different origin at work.

Well instead of Diana getting her powers from herself due to training, or all the Gods as blessings, she gets them from her unlimtate father. I'm sure her twin brother will have every power she has and then some.
    This is nothing but an assumption on your part. We still don't know the Zeus origin is still in effect, and for all we know Jason will have no powers or completely different powers than Diana.

D.C. Doesn't know how to write a strong, powerful woman so they have to say it comes from a man to make themselves feel better. And of course a woman can't have all that power, she has to share it with her brother.
    They just helped produce a movie that proves they very much CAN write a strong and powerful woman. Previous writers have done just fine writing her as strong and powerful before the Zeus origin was even an idea.

As for her power coming from a man? So? Is Diana her power? Does her power have anything to do with who she is as a person and as a hero? Nope. EVERYTHING that truly defines Diana comes from her upbringing by the Amazons.

And once again? You are just making assumptions about Diana having to share her power with her brother. Jason could have no powers at all, or his powers could be completely different from Diana's. You are further assuming that Jason will remain an important part of Diana's book for the rest of eternity. For all you know, he's going to DIE in this story. Maybe he'll turn out to be evil and Diana will have to fight him. Who knows?

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions without a shred of evidence to support them.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member

Not sure why people assume that Jason is somehow going to somehow "overshadow" her. This is a Wonder Woman book after all and we don't even know anything about Jason. He could just some normal dude for all we know. You guess are roasting chickens that have not been caught yet.

Bruce has an evil brother-Thomas Wayne Jr aka Owlman.
    Has it been confirmed that "Thomas Wayne Jr." is in fact Bruce's biological brother and/or that he's from the same Earth as the main DC university's "Bruce Wayne"?
    (I thought there were still some unanswered questions on all that.)

No, it was left ambiguous whether "Thomas Wayne Jr." was truly Bruce's brother or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well it left us with five years of stories where she was the least interesting character in her own title. The damage from that five year blip out of seventy five even framed her movie. The world now thinks she came from Zeus. Seems pretty damaging.
    That depends on who you ask. I certainly never found Lennox terribly intersting on his own merits, let alone be more interesting than Diana, whom Azzarello generally wrote very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No, it was left ambiguous whether "Thomas Wayne Jr." was truly Bruce's brother or not.
    Thanks . . . I didn't know if it may have been made definitive in something I didn't read.

Spectacular Member

Glad Grails coming back, as some have said she's got massive massive potential to be a epic WW villain, gigantas always welcome back too so am happy, Robinson's a good writer and with only six issues, doesn't have a great deal of time to make the massive changes so many fear, Aswell as him obviously working in tangent with Johns to get the WW/Jason plot point into a position to tie into the incoming doomsday clock (most likely) im confident it will be a solid run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Thanks . . . I didn't know if it may have been made definitive in something I didn't read.
    Not only was it left hanging so it would be intentionally vague (which worked great for the mystery of Doctor Hurt back in the day but is rather annoying for Lincoln March), but writers since then who have used March have leaned away from Snyder's ambiguous ending. I mean they've leaned away while maintaining a respectful "not making it official, one way or another", but like, even Bruce, even Dick Grayson, have been like voicing the opinion that the dude is deranged and lying through his teeth.

Swept under the old rug, that bit of ambiguous dustbunny.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The Hippolyta who had the adulterous affair no longer exists. Clearly there's a different origin at work.
    But the son she had during the time when she existed does?

You are assuming things none of us can know. While it could be the case, it may not be.

BANNED

I'm on the boat that Robinson is hit or miss ever since CfJ but honestly I'm just Happy the current Wonder Woman book has some actual talent following up another talents work rather than what happened to the New 52 book. There's at least a possibility of the run being good now rather than just lettering a crap artists wife undo 3 years of stories & resolve problems in an incredibly lazy matter.

Extraordinary Member

The twitter reaction to this has not been kind though Robinson seems to be handling it well.