Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That reads a little like Peter's sister will be his next love interest! lol
    I wouldn't put it past Slott, don't give him any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    He still ran it sucessfully - that's a unique experience; either you remove it from his brain or he helps others on the cusp of scaling up... l
    Peter didn't make it successful. That was a combination of Otto behind the scenes in Living Brain, Anna Maria and Sajani working behind his back, and a major investor who was manipulating the company for his own purposes.

Almost everything Peter does hurts the company.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Or she could replace him. Sorry, but ever since Ultimate Spider-Man, the fact that Peter got killed and replaced leaves me paranoid sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Or she could replace him. Sorry, but ever since Ultimate Spider-Man, the fact that Peter got killed and replaced leaves me paranoid sometimes.
    Marvel ought to change their name to MJ's newspaper heroine alias Marvella with the amount of male roles they give women

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Peter didn't make it successful. That was a combination of Otto behind the scenes in Living Brain, Anna Maria and Sajani working behind his back, and a major investor who was manipulating the company for his own purposes.

Only because Slott writes Peter as a incompetent man child. Most other writers portray Peter flawed, but smart when he needs to be.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

That's incorrect. Sajani was fired before Anna Maria and her could do anything with that secret project, Scorpio (the investor) didn't do anything to make the company profitable other than buy shares the day before the price went up (to his personal gain, but not helping the company in any way), and while Otto said that he has made contributions to the company's success, that hasn't been shown in any way, so I'm inclined to believe that was just more of Otto's blustering. All the technology that is crazy popular worldwide was designed by Peter, after all, so it makes sense that he is mainly responsible for its success.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    That's incorrect. Sajani was fired before Anna Maria and her could do anything with that secret project,
    They were doing more than that without telling him.

Scorpio (the investor) didn't do anything to make the company profitable other than buy shares the day before the price went up (to his personal gain, but not helping the company in any way),
    A large buy like that drives the price up. I'd have to go back through the issues, but I don't care enough, but there was something else going on.

and while Otto said that he has made contributions to the company's success, that hasn't been shown in any way, so I'm inclined to believe that was just more of Otto's blustering. All the technology that is crazy popular worldwide was designed by Peter, after all, so it makes sense that he is mainly responsible for its success.
    Otto has been shown to have business acumen in the past. Peter has not. Peter magically being good as CEO of a multi-national is like Richard Pryor's computer genius in Superman III.

Incredible Member

No, I mean I am very curious to see Peter's biological sister as a recurring character in the spider man books.

BANNED

No matter what, if Parker Industries falls, it'll be a BIG splat. In the real world, CEOs of Big Splats are almost as hireable as CEOs of continued successes.

If they want, they can make Peter a hired gun consultant, get paid variable amounts of money that he can skim to make crime fighting devices (and NOT get in trouble for), and still be a variable success and a money scrounger all at once.

They were doing more than that without telling him.

A large buy like that drives the price up. I'd have to go back through the issues, but I don't care enough, but there was something else going on.

Otto has been shown to have business acumen in the past. Peter has not. Peter magically being good as CEO of a multi-national is like Richard Pryor's computer genius in Superman III.
    The comics only showed Sajani and Anna Maria working on some nanotech project which they never told him about, but it was never mentioned again. It certainly didn't get to market without Peter knowing about it, and I don't think it was ever even finished. I'm pretty sure it was meant to show the continued insubordination within his company.

As for the stock buy, Scorpio said that he was able to see that Parker Industries' price was going to increase the next day for whatever reason (probably a new product launch like Webware) so he bought up stock before that.

I wouldn't exactly say Otto has shown business acumen in the past. Besides, P.I.'s success could very well have come down to a large demand for the kind of advanced tech Peter created, which is why once there was almost no one left to sell to (pretty much everyone had P.I. devices) Peter's lack of business acumen ended up ruining the company.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    The comics only showed Sajani and Anna Maria working on some nanotech project which they never told him about, but it was never mentioned again. It certainly didn't get to market without Peter knowing about it, and I don't think it was ever even finished. I'm pretty sure it was meant to show the continued insubordination within his company.

As for the stock buy, Scorpio said that he was able to see that Parker Industries' price was going to increase the next day for whatever reason (probably a new product launch like Webware) so he bought up stock before that.

I wouldn't exactly say Otto has shown business acumen in the past. Besides, P.I.'s success could very well have come down to a large demand for the kind of advanced tech Peter created, which is why once there was almost no one left to sell to (pretty much everyone had P.I. devices) Peter's lack of business acumen ended up ruining the company.

Adding - it's not a one man show; he's got scores of smart people behind him... And it's his head on the block. He's done a lot - and that experience has value

Tough to argue that he's a failure because Linda in HR hired all the MBAs that marketed the nanotech

The suck part is its kind of pushed the charector into a realm that's unrelatible

Maybe we find out Mysterio pulled a Buster Douglas and gave him the Biggie Smalls treatment - it was all a dream ... And he wakes up right before issue ... *shrug*

I've seen that anime.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I've seen that anime.
    OH burn, snap whatever you win, that was awesome

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like OMD and any affects it has to be completely forgotten and never referenced again. My head canon is the reality that Mephisto made.

Why should you let a 10 year old story ruin your enjoyment of anything coming after?
    Honestly...the effects of OMD and the deal made with Mephisto are affecting Peter's life whether he knows it or not...the villain/Mephisto won! Peter's battle against good Vs. Evil is over...he lost a part of his soul and memories! Marvel in its continual refusal to acknowledge this wants us to believe that Peters life since BND started is fine and dandy and that what he still does as Spiderman matters? It's nonsense, and a mockery of the fans intelligence! I'm sorry...I can't get invested in mediocre things like him losing his company,JJJ Sr.,Gwen Clone number 100, etc. when he has already lost the most significant battle of his life! What enjoyment is there when I know that Peter has lost to a demon who holds a part of his soul with Marvel having no intention or willingness to show us Peter regaining the victory over Satan? I can't suspend my disbelief to that degree...that is just me.It doesn't matter that Peter won his latest battle with Green Goblin or Doc Ock...in the bigger picture he has lost! The rest is just distraction and meaningless cartoon Spiderman adventure stories with little purpose or meaning. I wish there was some kind of pill that would help me forget that so I could enjoy current Spider-man comics...but there isn't.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 06-21-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Honestly...the effects of OMD and the deal made with Mephisto are affecting Peter's life whether he knows it or not...the villain/Mephisto won! Peter's battle against good Vs. Evil is over...he lost a part of his soul and memories! Marvel in its continual refusal to acknowledge this wants us to believe that Peters life since BND started is fine and dandy and that what he still does as Spiderman matters? It's nonsense, and a mockery of the fans intelligence! I'm sorry...I can't get invested in mediocre things like him losing his company,JJJ Sr.,Gwen Clone number 100, etc. when he has already lost the most significant battle of his life! What enjoyment is there when I know that Peter has lost to a demon who holds a part of his soul with Marvel having no intention or willingness to show us Peter regaining the victory over Satan? I can't suspend my disbelief to that degree...that is just me.It doesn't matter that Peter won his latest battle with Green Goblin or Doc Ock...in the bigger picture he has lost! The rest is just distraction and meaningless cartoon Spiderman adventure stories with little purpose or meaning. I wish there was some kind of pill that would help me forget that so I could enjoy current Spider-man comics...but there isn't.
    Are you serious? Satan? Peter losing a part of his soul? Mephisto won? I don't know what you've been reading, but it's definitely not been ANY Spider-Man comics, because neither of those things happened in OMD. I don't like the story, but it wasn't some great loss or whatever that overshadows everything else. Once again, you people are letting your religious beliefs dictate what you want your stories to be like, and I'm glad Marvel isn't trying to make this about religion. I understand why people want OMD to be undone, because it represents one of the greatest regressions of the character (which have become something of a theme in Spidey comics since - the latest regression being this upcoming Fall of Parker storyline) but let's not confuse story faults with ideological disagreements please. Comics are here to appeal to all audiences, not just to Christians.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 06-22-2017 at 06:07 AM.