Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'll be getting
    Titans#15
    JLA #14 & 15
    Nightwing #28 & 29
    Detective Comics #964 & 965
    Green Lanterns #30 & 31
    Superman #30 & 31
    Supergirl #13(maybe, I'm wondering about continue reading)
    Super Sons #8
    The Flash #30 & 31
    Metal #2 and 3

Want to read soon:
    Aquaman
    Deathstroke

Considering dropping
    Green Arrow
    Blue Beetle
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It looks just like Green Arrows costume with a different color scheme down to the lines on the arms and stomach and I don't find it sexy at all.
    But... her shoulders are showing.
    That's so scandalous. :3
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    BATMAN: THE MERCILESS #1 - Tomasi Bat-thing? NEED TO BUY!!!!
    BATMAN #30 - Huh, we're getting interludes? Is King gonna play with things and have some interplay like Rucka does for WW? Also, ugh, why is Slade there? I trust King, but... ugh. I've never liked his guest appearances.
    BATMAN #31
    BATWOMAN #7 - TYNION IS GONE! Finally! He's a mediocre writer at best and I was buying Batwoman for the character and Bennett (and maybe Epting). Glad Bennett gets some more freedom with the series, even if this arc is obvs following up on Tynion's crap. But yes! More Bennett-only Batwoman!
    DEATHSTROKE #23 - Despite the shitshow that was The Lazarus Contract, overall meh of "Twilight" and... eh premise of this Defiance stuff, Priest has earned an arc from me. That and he writes a great Rose, so her having more to do is nice.
    SUPER SONS #8 - Gets one more arc. Isn't BAD, it's just that it seems kinda... disposable. I know it makes sense for it to be a slower burn and not hugely impactful, but Jon and Damian's relationship seems to have barely developed, which irks me a bit. Especially since I'm starting to question how Damian's going to develop past his jerky self, or even IF he'll ever develop past it.
    WONDER WOMAN #30
    WONDER WOMAN #31 - Yay, Robinson! Not gonna lie, wasn't keen on Fontana. Also, some follow-up on Jason will be nice. I trust Robinson to write some epic stuff. Also, I guess Robinson and DC patched things up after Earth 2? Man, Rebirth is bringing back some good talent.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE/POWER RANGERS #6 - This series is only being beaten in terms of lateness by friggin' Doom Patrol.
    MISTER MIRACLE #2
    THE WILD STORM #7
    BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #5 - Haven't read issue 2 yet, but the first was... eh. Gets an arc.
    CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #12 - Might drop this series after this arc. Just doin' nothing for me. Might nee to re-read.
    DOOM PATROL #9
    MOTHER PANIC #11
    SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #12 - Might drp after this arc too. Started strong but then wallowed too much in high school bs before... just wallowing.

DEATHSTROKE VOL. 3: TWILIGHT TP
    NEW SUPER-MAN VOL. 2: COMING TO AMERICA TP - Liked the issues I've read, and I like Avery.
    SUPER SONS VOL. 1: WHEN I GROW UP TP
    WONDER WOMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC - Motehrfucker! I didn't think it'd get OHC so I bought the trades! But I love how reading the issues in order and not by arcs gives you this great interplay between the arcs. Hopefully it's collected that way and not just "The Lies" then "Year One".
    THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK THREE TP - About time! Had me worried there. I know other big trades of old stuff from DC get solicited even further apart than Waid's Flash, but still.
    GREEN LANTERN: KYLE RAYNER VOL. 1 TP
    THE WILD STORM VOL. 1 TP
    SEBASTIAN O/THE MYSTERY PLAY DELUXE EDITION HC - Never heard of these, both sound super interesting. Count me in!

Maybe:
    DARK NIGHTS: METAL #2 - Still haven't read The Forge because I'm lazy, but I've been over Snyder for a while.
    DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3
    BATMAN: THE RED DEATH #1 - Williamson is a good writer, his incredibly average Flash run aside, and I can see him having fun with this idea.
    BATMAN: THE MURDER MACHINE #1 - Um... Cyborg? Or is it just another Batman? If so, that kinda makes The Murder Machine is the only tie-in not written by the writer of the character's ongoing writer (barring The Merciless and Wonder Woman, given the creative team is in flux)... Tom King's really had enough of tie-in bullshit, hasn't he?
    BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER #1 - Either this Batman is leaner, a teen or a girl, and I kinda dig that.
    BATMAN: THE DROWNED #1
    BATGIRL #15 - Um... YES!!! But given what Seeley's doing in Nightwing, this is probs gonna either shut the door on the relationship or be another tease.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #965 - DC, baby. You've been really good at paying off on your teases. I fully expected Jay Garrick to be a copout, and it wasn't. But... don't tease Bart and Conner and back out. You know that's what a lot of people are gonna think this is, you know what you're doing. Don't kill the goodwill, babe.
    THE FLASH #30 - Okay, 'Bloodwork' sounds like he'll be about as memorable as Tar Pitt or Plunder. He just SOUNDS like a throwaway villain. Let me guess... either the guy who investigated -- or a rando who contaminated -- Nora's death or the Rebirth-era Malcolm Thawne? At least Williamson gets to do some gory stuff. Also, ugh, more Negative-Flash shit. Yeah, might drop this series after (or during) the "Negative" (or whatever it's called) arc.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #14 - I jsut want to see how the Ray Palmer thing works out. Also, kinda want to see Jean Loring in the Rebirth era, since The Atom: Rebirth set up some cool story ideas for an Atom solo series and I'd prefer Ray and Ryan did that instead of Orlando's weirdly inconsistent JLA run.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #15
    WONDER WOMAN/CONAN #1 - Reading everything WW, and I kinda like Simone's work.

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 3: LEAGUE OF SHADOWS TP - For Cass, even though I found the arc INCREDIBLY weak.
    SUICIDE SQUAD: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC - Heard this run picked up after JL vs. SS, which is when I dropped it. So might read it in OHC.
    SUPERGIRL VOL. 2: ESCAPE FROM THE PHANTOM ZONE TP - If this Emerald Empress stuff ends up tying into Legion stuff.
    BATMAN: HUSH 15TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC - Not that I found this story amazing, it's jsut that one of the hardcovers I have is literally falling apart. Like, the pages are barely attached.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: A MIDSUMMER’S NIGHTMARE THE DELUXE EDITION HC - Was... was this good?
    JLA: THE NAIL/ANOTHER NAIL DELUXE EDITION HC - I know the premise of The Nail, but I've never even heard of Another Nail. Is this a Kingdom Come/The Kingdom situation where the sequel is so meh that everybody pretends it doesn't exist? Haven't read The Kingdom btw, that's just what I've heard.
    SUPERGIRL VOL. 3: PETER DAVID TP - Borrowing a friend's copy of Book One, but if I get through it and like it enough (like it so far), I'll pick up the first two and this. Also, weird naming convention going on. "Peter David" is the name instead of Book Three? Weird.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 06-30-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

I am so glad I dropped Suicide Squad, Nightwing and Teen Titans. Even if I do end up reading Metal, I don't want a random tie-in.

So... "The Oz Effect"... given the solicitation, it HAS to be someone Superman has a familiarity with, right? I still think it's either Superboy-Prime (makes the most sense, he knows about comics and thus Watchmen, he hates the Flashes, he's been involved in reboots before) or Pa Kent (he mentioned "teaching" Clark about his powers, he destroyed the statue of the Kents), maybe a resurrected pre-FP Jonathan.

Still dig Dolphin's new look, but I just can't handle more Abnett after the crapiness of The Lazarus Contract. That and his Aquaman run, when I was reading, involved constant conflict all the time with barely a moment to take it all in.

All-Star Batman's ending... meh. I liked the Two-Face story, but it wasn't nearly good enough to undo the ending of Tomasi's "The Big Burn", especially since the best parts were from thew flashbacks. The rest I rread was bleh, so... unless this story is amazing, not gonna bother ever thinking about it again.

Wasn't Batgirl Beyond a thing in the previous series that was set in the DCAU? I wonder how familiar this series is going to expect readers to be with that series.

I have zero idea what is happening over in Cyborg, but... the fucking fuck?!

Is Harley's spinning wheel for people who she's gonna punch? Because I see Dan DiDio, and that would be nice. Also, I wonder if the blocked person will be an important hint. Probs not, but you never know.

Is that Arthur Curry.. Idno, the Forever Evil Earth-3 one? Either way, can we get a new Justice League writer yet?

Batwoman vs. Red Hood? Ugh. Guess we couldn't go too long without having Jason get into random shit with another Batfam member, huh? And Kate's never gotten into that shit, and kinda just officially joined last year, so why not her? If anything, I'm surprised Diana or Clark don't give more of a crap.

Supergirl #13 sounds like it might lead into Legion stuff... but so did that Batgirl annual leading into it, which was a bait-and-switch.

Wait... "the real Maxima"? Please don't tell me they're gonna screw over the New 52 Maxima, who I actually liked! I mean, the original was soooooo played out as this Hercules chasing weirdo. Unless it's the New 52 Maxima's mum or something, then I can see that actually being a good story, given NuMaxima's sexuality and original Maxima's fixation on men.

So... Titans is just gonna keep playing through the same old Teen Titans story beats, ain't it? Amnesia, Slade bs, Dick keeping secrets, traitor on the team... ugh.

So have we been given ANY explanation for how Circe went from hipster trickster magician in Wonder Woman to... generic villain in Trinity?

So... Batman and uzis... huh.

So Little Grayson is probs Starfire's kid by this point... not sure how that lines up with Dick's "metas suck" thing.

Great that Nightwing's getting OHCs... but, like 'Tec and Batman, DOESNN'T COLLECT THE OTHER SERIES' MONSTER MEN ISSUES! I'm getting PTSD flashbacks to the New 52 Green Lantern trades...

That Greatest Hits boxart... man, that looks off!

That INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FIVE VOL. 3 TP trade cover... the reflection just doesn't work well. I know it WAS probably done in photoshop (or MS paint), but it could be less obvious.

didn't the Detroit era JLA kinda suck hard?

Oh God! Wtf is Booster wearing on the WONDER WOMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BOOK TWO TP cover?! Is this a lead-in to Extreme Justice?!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    didn't the Detroit era JLA kinda suck hard?
    Not necessarily. They started off rather well. And when Batman came along and they fought Despero they got better. Just the time between Aquaman getting lovesick and going AWOL and Batman's return was bad. Unfortunately, it wasn't too long after the team started that Aquaman disappeared.
    And, remember, this is before J'onn became known as the backbone of the Justice League. At the time, many readers didn't even know who he was as he'd been gone from the team for so long.
    So for a long stretch, it had Zatanna and Elongated Man as the big pulls.

Oh God! Wtf is Booster wearing on the WONDER WOMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BOOK TWO TP cover?! Is this a lead-in to Extreme Justice?!
    It's Booster's Awesome BattleArmor *TM
    Yeah, it was silly. I hated it. And, yeah, it includes the JLA issues by Vado and Campos that led to the formation of Extreme Justice by the same creative team.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-21-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.