Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    . . . One thing I will say though, the threats she faces, while book appropriate, do make her feel less experienced.
    But, remember, how much past "experience" does she have in the current stories? She was Batgirl for a VERY brief time (maybe a year; probably less than two years) in the New52 prior to being shot by the Joker; hadn't she already curtailed her Batgirl-outings even before she was shot?
    Then she was incapacitated for a few years prior to her resuming the Batgirl costumed identity.
    How much of her previous pre-TKJ Batgirl time (if any?) has been added back because of Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, remember, how much past "experience" does she have in the current stories? She was Batgirl for a VERY brief time (maybe a year; probably less than two years) in the New52 prior to being shot by the Joker
    They said she started Batgirl when she was 16, so Killing Joke happened when she was 17/18 which adds in a whole other squick factor to the Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    They said she started Batgirl when she was 16, so Killing Joke happened when she was 17/18 which adds in a whole other squick factor to the Killing Joke.
    Oh lord, I think even Joker would draw the line there .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh lord, I think even Joker would draw the line there .
    We both know that's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We both know that's not true.
    Well, okay, yeah...though my ideal Joker does have some standards .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, okay, yeah...though my ideal Joker does have some standards .
    The words "ideal" and "Joker" do not belong in the same sentence.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fair enough...though I still have one .

I really hope Babsgirl is updated again. The Burnside era is and was horrible. From Gail Simones series which showed how mature and strong Barbara was even though she was suffering PTSD. Her costume was armored to protect her and her spine. Burnside Batgirl has de aged, has become immature, has a home made costume that a child could make and has childish cartoony villains.
    I really dislike how Batgirl has been removed from the Batfamily and has become a unimportant character. In Gails run Barbara was a big strong part of the Batfmaily which is who Barbara should be.
    Burnside needs to go, baby Batgirl needs to grow and age and get a much better armored costume. She needs to be a big part of the Batfmaily again and would love to see her team up more with Batwoman.
    I hope the Batgirl movie is kickarse and the comics follow.
    Oh and also the art in these Burnside series are horrible, i totally do not like the anime, cartoony art and the way Barbara looks like she is a child.
    Last edited by sorboares; 07-01-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

I love Gail, but that run wasn't all that good either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I love Gail, but that run wasn't all that good either.
    Gail's Batgirl run was average, like Higgin's Nightwing run. Some issues were good and some were bad, resulting in an okay series.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Actually, if you were a kid who wanted Batman figures to play with in the 1960s, they do go together.

And, no, I never had any of these.
    I just remember there was the Ideal Toy Company back in the day.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Gail's Batgirl run was average, like Higgin's Nightwing run. Some issues were good and some were bad, resulting in an okay series.
    I tend to disagree - I think Gail's Batgirl run never had any good issues, only somewhat mediocre issues, and then some incrediblly horrible issues. To me, it's clear that she really wanted to write about villains or people living in the grey - Babs is so reactive, and almost always the least interesting character in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, if you were a kid who wanted Batman figures to play with in the 1960s, they do go together.

And, no, I never had any of these.
    I just remember there was the Ideal Toy Company back in the day.
    Ahaha, nice pun. I still maintain that Joker is too loathesome for me to ever have an ideal of him. Perhaps a Platonic Joker, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord