Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Oracle was a glorified supporting character that never carried a solo . People said how awesome she was because they want other batgirl
    Besides, the tought of cripplin her again DISGUST me. And if she is not crippled, she will fight crime physically because thats what she wants to do
    She didn't carry a solo, but she was one of two or three main characters in a very long running small team book, and a huge presence all over the DCU. That's not a supporting character.

You don't have to cripple her again - you can just say that the chip doesn't work on a long term basis, or can't work 24/7.

Also, I would like to say that I loved Birds of Prey before I loved Steph or Cass.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

"I'd say she's still a hipster hero. She's in her 20s. Aren't most urban 20-somethings more or less hipsters?"
    https://www.newsarama.com/35104-batg...dick-babs.html
    ...sigh what is with relationships and this character for the past years? And hipster? No she's not. This character needs saving.

Hipster. Um. Okay.

I'm interested to hear that Inaki Miranda is doing art next issue - I hope it's like their Catwoman stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I'm interested to hear that Inaki Miranda is doing art next issue - I hope it's like their Catwoman stuff.
    Same. That catwoman arc had some mad art. I liked the neo gotham feel to it.

Hey, you are gonna be a villain.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-28-2017 at 08:14 AM.

BANNED

I think I'll jump onboard Batgirl for that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I think I'll jump onboard Batgirl for that arc.
    The Catwoman one, or the Dick/Babs one? The Catwoman issue is a one-shot.

BANNED

The Dick/Babs arc starting in August.

As a fan of Dickbabs when done well, I don't want the Batgirl writer handling Dickbabs after just recovering from New 52 Dickbabs. I'd rather they be bffs than introduce melodrama. I've been a fan of how the Batgirl writer made them act normal in the issues with Dick, but this story sounds like it's gonna go in depth and require some in adeptness to their relationship and the Batgirl writer struggles with the character moments. She's gonna introduce some solid history for them and I don't want it to be handled badly again.

Plus the article mentions they had several versions and rewrites so I'm apprehensive about the approach she's gonna take. I'll give it a chance though because I'm tired of feeling like a bit of a negative nancy about dickbabs interacting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    As a fan of Dickbabs when done well, I don't want the Batgirl writer handling Dickbabs after just recovering from New 52 Dickbabs. I'd rather they be bffs than introduce melodrama. I've been a fan of how the Batgirl writer made them act normal in the issues with Dick, but this story sounds like it's gonna go in depth and require some in adeptness to their relationship and the Batgirl writer struggles with the character moments. She's gonna introduce some solid history for them and I don't want it to be handled badly again.

Plus the article mentions they had several versions and rewrites so I'm apprehensive about the approach she's gonna take. I'll give it a chance though because I'm tired of feeling like a bit of a negative nancy about dickbabs interacting.
    Well, I liked DickBabs when King and Seeley wrote it. When the Burnside team wrote it, it was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I liked DickBabs when King and Seeley wrote it. When the Burnside team wrote it, it was disgusting.
    I liked that too. But omg Burnside Dickbabs was like fanfic fluff. Dick was drawn great, not gonna lie, but the writing made it....yikes.

Speaking of, I just kind of ended up feeling bad for Luke, because they rushed that relationship to be an obstacle in the dickbabs issue and a reason why they are "star crossed lovers". Babs had more development with Ted Kord than Luke, and Babs and Ted weren't even technically a "thing" and were mature enough to end it because they weren't vibing but were better as friends. The issue kind of made it seem like Luke was second best almost, but I was actually really down for Luke and Babs romantic development but the writing just never sold it in the way I wanted. Like that issue was a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I liked that too. But omg Burnside Dickbabs was like fanfic fluff. Dick was drawn great, not gonna lie, but the writing made it....yikes.

Speaking of, I just kind of ended up feeling bad for Luke, because they rushed that relationship to be an obstacle in the dickbabs issue and a reason why they are "star crossed lovers". Babs had more development with Ted Kord than Luke, and Babs and Ted weren't even technically a "thing" and were mature enough to end it because they weren't vibing but were better as friends. The issue kind of made it seem like Luke was second best almost, but I was actually really down for Luke and Babs romantic development but the writing just never sold it in the way I wanted. Like that issue was a mess...
    Dick drawn by Tarr was really great, but that characterization was like the most bitter sour grapes ever, since the Burnside team wanted to do the reunion issue and King and Seeley beat them out in editorial (and sales).

I felt bad for Luke as well - he's a great character, and a great guy, and the way Batgirl dumped him was really sad. I'm not super invested in Luke and Babs as a couple, but I appreciated that Babs stuck with him for a whole arc, instead of the constant flirting and dating she did for the first two arcs (and whatever it was that Simone had going with that criminal guy).

Larson has done well with Nightwing when she has used him, and Wildgoose draws a dynamite Dick. So im excited.

And i didn't care enough about Luke to feel bad for him. He was just a guy. On paper it made sense, but it was underdeveloped and super boring.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Larson has done well with Nightwing when she has used him, and Wildgoose draws a dynamite Dick. So im excited.

And i didn't care enough about Luke to feel bad for him. He was just a guy. On paper it made sense, but it was underdeveloped and super boring.
    I agree that in the page of Batgirl, Luke didn't have much going for him. But I was a fan of his from Batman Eternal and his solo, so I was sad for him because of that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    "I'd say she's still a hipster hero. She's in her 20s. Aren't most urban 20-somethings more or less hipsters?"
    https://www.newsarama.com/35104-batg...dick-babs.html
    ...sigh what is with relationships and this character for the past years? And hipster? No she's not. This character needs saving.
    Do they not understand that people hate hipsters? Also lol those comments are tired of this romance crap as well.