Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Looking at Invincible Iron Man #1 from Heroes Return in February of 98 and that was after Marvel cut their books down due to bankruptcy and there are 32 books listed for subscription and 5 are Spider-Man Books and 10 are X-Related it's just funny to look back at another time they trim the fat and Spidey and the X-Men made up almost half their books.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-20-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It`s Falcap. For some reason he and Panther are twice on poster
    Such a drastic re-design. Sam's goggles change shape and he doesn't seem to have the white mask around his face. BP seems to just have different lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Has to be Iceman. He looks too...icy and not cosmic enough. But he looks like teen Bobby which makes me think he's repping X-Men Blue.
    That's a good point too. Damn it.

Not in the short term.
    As many have said Resurrection is recent so no, but in a year or a year and a half a few things may change.

Even the weakest X-Men solo is going to get at least 10 issues, so I doubt we're going to see any of the current crop getting culled due to Legacy. It'll be the usual culprits: sales and interest levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Has to be Iceman. He looks too...icy and not cosmic enough. But he looks like teen Bobby which makes me think he's repping X-Men Blue.
    Not every book is on there, but that's probably meant to be adult Iceman. Assuming Jean's is for her solo, Magneto seems to be Blue's. I can't think what else his could be for. All of those are for either a current or upcoming book, or for Generations.

The other characters shown there without a current book and not involved in Generations are the Thing, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight. I'm assuming that Vision, Viv, and Human Torch are repping Avengers, Champions, and Uncanny Avengers respectively. Black Panther's second one was probably meant for The Crew, which has been cancelled. No idea why Sam Wilson has two, unless one of them isn't actually him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not in the short term.
    As many have said Resurrection is recent so no, but in a year or a year and a half a few things may change.
    Recent as in.. most recent. Yes. But by September/October/November... a lot of these books will be up to either mini series or maxi series length. No telling if they'll end or not at this point.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Good idea. Less clutter, more money and time to funnel into higher quality projects... Instead of 80 "ok", "so-so", and "awful" books we can have 40 or 50 (still too much IMO) more streamlined ones. Do we really need 3 Spiderman, 5 Deadpools, 2 Thors, 2 Hulks, 2 or 3 Captain Americas, GoTG solo titles all going at once in different directions?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I'm of two minds on this. For one, there's definitely too many — and more importantly too many REDUNDANT — books. On the other, cutting books could mean sidelining characters because there's simply no room for them. Case in point, the New X-Men barely get roles as cannon fodder or wallpaper as it is. Reduce the number of X-Books, and it's possible they may not even get that much.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm of two minds on this. For one, there's definitely too many — and more importantly too many REDUNDANT — books. On the other, cutting books could mean sidelining characters because there's simply no room for them. Case in point, the New X-Men barely get roles as cannon fodder or wallpaper as it is. Reduce the number of X-Books, and it's possible they may not even get that much.
    Same here.

Glad to see them getting rid of a lot these titles that didn't really have much of an audience to begin with. Although on the flip side, cutting back means that they probably won't branch out and introduce another X-Team book, meaning a number of my favorites will probably be staying in character limbo for awhile longer.

BANNED

Cut all the solo detritus. What a waste of books.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    ... On the other, cutting books could mean sidelining characters because there's simply no room for them. Case in point, the New X-Men barely get roles as cannon fodder or wallpaper as it is. Reduce the number of X-Books, and it's possible they may not even get that much.
    What do you mean? Wouldnt you rather read about Eye-boy, Nature-girl, Xerox, and Shark-girl rather than Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Surge, Elixir, and Rockslide?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    What do you mean? Wouldnt you rather read about Eye-boy, Nature-girl, Xerox, and Shark-girl rather than Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Surge, Elixir, and Rockslide?
    The powers that be think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not every book is on there, but that's probably meant to be adult Iceman. Assuming Jean's is for her solo, Magneto seems to be Blue's. I can't think what else his could be for. All of those are for either a current or upcoming book, or for Generations.

The other characters shown there without a current book and not involved in Generations are the Thing, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight. I'm assuming that Vision, Viv, and Human Torch are repping Avengers, Champions, and Uncanny Avengers respectively. Black Panther's second one was probably meant for The Crew, which has been cancelled. No idea why Sam Wilson has two, unless one of them isn't actually him.
    Whoa. I didnt even see Magneto. And yeah, this is like the "Divided We Stand" teaser with some promoted books being listed in the image but that not being all. But it's weird using the same characters for solos and teams when they can just use another member of the team. And if that's Sam, does that mean that there may be a new team for him to lead? I'm personally hoping that's Prodigy so we'd get confirmation for a New X-Men book.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Honestly, the New X-Men shouldn't even be a X-Men school book anymore. They should be up with X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue by now. Either that or just give two student books as they both focus on different perspectives.

Astonishing Member

Marvel to scale back on monthlies? Fake news!