Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I doubt it. Too soon.
    Yeah, it won't affect much at all. If anything I expect Uncanny to make a comeback during Legacy.

"With 'Legacy,' we want to tell stories that are accessible to all, but remind readers of Marvel’s rich history,” he said. “To drive that point home, a number of our titles will return to their original series numbering, and our stories will invoke that history, reminding readers of connections between characters they may have forgotten about, and ushering in the return of some big characters who’ve been missed. Above all else, we want to inject our comics with a massive dose of fun." - Axel

It seems farfetched to think this will only effect non x-titles. Further:

The series will span the entire universe and touch on the "glory days" of characters like Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men and many others. - Axel

I'm interested to see where this goes. If this is in fact Marvel's attempt at a hard reset I can't see how it could end worse than some of the stuff out there now, and it could possibly be a significant improvement. Regardless of Ressurexion status in the fall again I can't see how a line wide reboot would leave the x-titles untouched. Could this spell an eventual return of Xavier, Jean, Scott & Logan? Hard to tell "glory days x-stories" with this crew out of the picture. Tentatively excited...?? Or am I dreaming?

Honestly, the New X-Men shouldn't even be a X-Men school book anymore. They should be up with X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue by now. Either that or just give two student books as they both focus on different perspectives.
    Totally agree. I think they should be the team focused on in the 'Uncanny' title - to shake things up. They need the spotlight.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    "With 'Legacy,' we want to tell stories that are accessible to all, but remind readers of Marvel’s rich history,” he said. “To drive that point home, a number of our titles will return to their original series numbering, and our stories will invoke that history, reminding readers of connections between characters they may have forgotten about, and ushering in the return of some big characters who’ve been missed. Above all else, we want to inject our comics with a massive dose of fun." - Axel

The series will span the entire universe and touch on the "glory days" of characters like Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men and many others. - Axel

I'm interested to see where this goes. If this is in fact Marvel's attempt at a hard reset I can't see how it could end worse than some of the stuff out there now, and it could possibly be a significant improvement. Regardless of Ressurexion status in the fall again I can't see how a line wide reboot would leave the x-titles untouched. Could this spell an eventual return of Xavier, Jean, Scott & Logan? Hard to tell "glory days x-stories" with this crew out of the picture. Tentatively excited...?? Or am I dreaming?
    They always mention the X-Men in these things. Yet the art shown so far barely has any X-Men and a shitload of Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

Well, Bleeding Cool had that rumor awhile back about Wolverine returning. But it was so far back, and since then we've had Jimmy Hudson, the Ultimate Wolverine, show up in X-men Blue. So I'm starting to think that they just got that one a bit wrong. A Wolverine returned, just not the Wolverine. And the current set up seems to be working well with OML and Laura as Wolverine, so I'm not sure why they'd change it honestly. They might, though, as they'd get a nice short term sales boost with the original's return. So who knows?

As for Scott and Jean, technically they're still around too. Just teen versions. So I honestly don't see them coming back either, unless they finally send the O5 home. Which could also happen. Again, who knows?

Of all of these, Xavier seems the most likely to me to return (again). But I'm someone who always finds the X-men more interesting when he's not around, so I wouldn't be all that pumped for his return honestly.

Daily reminder: nobody wants Xavier back.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, it won't affect much at all. If anything I expect Uncanny to make a comeback during Legacy.
    #620 is a helluva nice number.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Totally agree. I think they should be the team focused on in the 'Uncanny' title - to shake things up. They need the spotlight.
    This. We've seen the "Uncanny" title used as an experimental title in the last decade. From an Extinction team to a Mutant Revolution book to Magneto's Strike Force. Having it follow the next generation of Xavier's dream would be a nice follow up and change of atmosphere without it losing the nice experiment factor.

BANNED

Unless it's adult Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine back starring in Uncanny, I could care less about any of Marvel's other legacies.

I don't know...I'm kind of liking the idea of a New Mutants/New X-men style book using the Uncanny X-men title. Kind of graduate them to a third team of X-men, to complement Blue (which is basically X-Factor) and Gold (basically the ANAD cast). Since Astonishing isn't so much another team as it is a random collection of whatever mutants the writer wants to use, and three teams isn't too many IMO.

It would give some of these characters a place to appear. And they could add Laura as the new Wolverine since she's currently not on a team. Just a thought. Could be a cool book if done right. Lots of characters to choose from too...

Daily reminder: nobody wants Xavier back.
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    He would be deadweight. What would possibly be the point of him being there? Kitty Pryde is supposed to be the new leader of the X-Men so, just like with Scott during post-Decimation-to-Marvel Now, Xavier will be shunted to the background. And if the resurrected character isn't being brought to the forefront of things, then there was literally nor reason for them to come back in the first place. Plus, Xavier's presence and character is way stronger as a "dream" or "goal" for the X-Men to achieve. Broo would have more of a role than Xavier would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't know...I'm kind of liking the idea of a New Mutants/New X-men style book using the Uncanny X-men title.
    Get the KYost squad back together with Wolverine (Laura, who's long overdue for a leadership position) as team lead and I'd read the hell out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Get the KYost squad back together with Wolverine (Laura, who's long overdue for a leadership position) as team lead and I'd read the hell out of that.
    Me too. Would be pretty sweet.

BANNED

Please have that Magneto image lead to a House Of M book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Name the book uncanny X-men and have issue 623 reintroduce the NYX kids... why dosent marvel take good idears like this

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, Bleeding Cool had that rumor awhile back about Wolverine returning. But it was so far back, and since then we've had Jimmy Hudson, the Ultimate Wolverine, show up in X-men Blue. So I'm starting to think that they just got that one a bit wrong. A Wolverine returned, just not the Wolverine. And the current set up seems to be working well with OML and Laura as Wolverine, so I'm not sure why they'd change it honestly. They might, though, as they'd get a nice short term sales boost with the original's return. So who knows?

As for Scott and Jean, technically they're still around too. Just teen versions. So I honestly don't see them coming back either, unless they finally send the O5 home. Which could also happen. Again, who knows?

Of all of these, Xavier seems the most likely to me to return (again). But I'm someone who always finds the X-men more interesting when he's not around, so I wouldn't be all that pumped for his return honestly.
    I think if OML was being portrayed as an ineffective little ponse the way Tyke is you might feel differently. Logan came back just as lethal, crafty and capable as ever. Scott... not so much.