Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    He would be deadweight. What would possibly be the point of him being there? Kitty Pryde is supposed to be the new leader of the X-Men so, just like with Scott during post-Decimation-to-Marvel Now, Xavier will be shunted to the background. And if the resurrected character isn't being brought to the forefront of things, then there was literally nor reason for them to come back in the first place. Plus, Xavier's presence and character is way stronger as a "dream" or "goal" for the X-Men to achieve. Broo would have more of a role than Xavier would.
    IMO Cyke will never be rehabilitated as a heroic character without reconciling with Xavier. Since I'm in favor of Cyke's rehab I'm totally in favor of Xavier's return, and Cyke's clearly.

Spot on:

There has been criticism that Marvel expanded successful titles too quickly, diluting interest in the franchises as a whole and killing the geese that laid the golden eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Get the KYost squad back together with Wolverine (Laura, who's long overdue for a leadership position) as team lead and I'd read the hell out of that.
    That'd be a good direction to grow in once ANW wraps up, but only if the team structure is a bit divorced from the actual X-Men (which I'd be 100% A-OK with!). Otherwise, it could read as regressive for Laura, putting her back with the student team.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Marvel to scale back on monthlies? Fake news!
    That's likely because they'll probably just switch to double shipping to make up the volume.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Without cutting the cover price! I guess they haven't realised what made Rebirth work. It wasn't just the story, the price played a major part in DC's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Without cutting the cover price! I guess they haven't realised what made Rebirth work. It wasn't just the story, the price played a major part in DC's success.
    What do you mean cut cover price? Are you insane?

Issue #600 or 700 will be $4.99-9.99 with the next issue double-shipped in the same month.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Daily reminder: nobody wants Xavier back.
    I want Xavier to return.

Ultimate Member

As for Kitty becoming the new leader, that's in like one book because the writer REALLY wanted her to be the main character so outside of that one book I don't see the other X-people really going along with that, sure they have to live with it but beyond that, and it would be something for the young O5 to meet a modern day Xavier and see how that'd all go with Magneto being their mentor now...House of M is over and done with and won't come back anytime soon...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I want Xavier to return.
    I think the concern in bringing him back is that it's counter-productive in terms of the evolution of the X-Men and any character development for his students. They've grown beyond his teachings, and the world has changed substantially since he first founded Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. He's never really been an active member of the X-Men, and he isn't really needed as a mentor any longer for all of his original students. And thus his existence in the current MU is redundant, as he wouldn't really have any place. What book would he be in and what would his role be?

At this point in time, if Marvel is looking at resurrecting one of the X-Men, between Jean, Scott, Xavier and Logan, I think Jean is the right way to go. She's been gone the longest and would have a more significant contribution to the narrative. Though this is simply my perspective, and I'm sure there are those that would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As for Kitty becoming the new leader, that's in like one book because the writer REALLY wanted her to be the main character so outside of that one book I don't see the other X-people really going along with that, sure they have to live with it but beyond that, and it would be something for the young O5 to meet a modern day Xavier and see how that'd all go with Magneto being their mentor now...House of M is over and done with and won't come back anytime soon...
    I still hate that Kitty has superseded Ororo as a leader. Havok, Cannonball or Dani Moonstar would have been better choices in my honest opinion. They at least have a history of being in leadership positions. As you've said, it does certainly seem odd that the rest of the mutant community has accepted her as their leader. And with Magneto, Emma Frost and Xorn (sort of) being the other leaders of the mutant community, she is certainly outclassed in terms of experience, power and capability.

And even it that regard it seems silly to have Xavier back. They've already had Xavier as their mentor in their own time, and we've seen the logistics of that relationship before. Not to mention that it'd undermine Magnetos position, and I'm rather fond of that dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think the concern in bringing him back is that it's counter-productive in terms of the evolution of the X-Men and any character development for his students. They've grown beyond his teachings, and the world has changed substantially since he first founded Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. He's never really been an active member of the X-Men, and he isn't really needed as a mentor any longer for all of his original students. And thus his existence in the current MU is redundant, as he wouldn't really have any place. What book would he be in and what would his role be?

At this point in time, if Marvel is looking at resurrecting one of the X-Men, between Jean, Scott, Xavier and Logan, I think Jean is the right way to go. She's been gone the longest and would have a more significant contribution to the narrative. Though this is simply my perspective, and I'm sure there are those that would disagree.
    Actually I think it's been more growing away then growing beyond. Kitty and Storm did nothing to evolve the coexistence agenda. They either followed it or didn't but they never grew it beyond it simplistic essentials. Kitty certainly inherited Charles arrogance (what I choose for you is the best thing for you attitude). I find that funny since that was one aspect of Xavier that Kitty seemed to hate the most.

That said Xavier can provide some much needed stability to a group that has come completely unravelled. Most of the senior x-leaders are gone leaving Kitty and (dear god Jeen!) running teams.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I still hate that Kitty has superseded Ororo as a leader. Havok, Cannonball or Dani Moonstar would have been better choices in my honest opinion. They at least have a history of being in leadership positions. As you've said, it does certainly seem odd that the rest of the mutant community has accepted her as their leader. And with Magneto, Emma Frost and Xorn (sort of) being the other leaders of the mutant community, she is certainly outclassed in terms of experience, power and capability.

And even it that regard it seems silly to have Xavier back. They've already had Xavier as their mentor in their own time, and we've seen the logistics of that relationship before. Not to mention that it'd undermine Magnetos position, and I'm rather fond of that dynamic.
    Why do think Emma was thrown under the villain bus and Storm made into a spinless flake in IvX? Why to make room for the likes of Kitty and Jeen to be leaders of course. Can you really see Kitty in charge of a team with Emma on it? No fricken way. If Emma was still part of the x-men fold she’d either be in charge or Storm would.

So yes, Xavier's return is very welcome. I don't think the X-Men have progressed beyond his teachings. In fact they need him now more than ever because the team is a giant steaming mess. They are everywhere and nowhere. Split up, disorganized, downtrodden and not themselves thanks to Marvel's handling of them since the Fox thing reached critical mass a couple of years ago.

Yes, Xavier would be the catalyst that might bring them all under one roof again and give them purpose and cohesiveness. Keep in mind it's the more current writer's agenda to turn him into a useless ******* and then kill him off. It isn't who is is. What he has become IS NOT how he was created. Again, all fingers point to recent Marvel editorial and writers' personal agendas.

Make the X-Men great again!!!

Hopefully it'll be most of the dumb **** they've been pushing.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Hopefully it'll be most of the dumb **** they've been pushing.
    Not a chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Actually I think it's been more growing away then growing beyond. Kitty and Storm did nothing to evolve the coexistence agenda. They either followed it or didn't but they never grew it beyond it simplistic essentials. Kitty certainly inherited Charles arrogance (what I choose for you is the best thing for you attitude). I find that funny since that was one aspect of Xavier that Kitty seemed to hate the most.

That said Xavier can provide some much needed stability to a group that has come completely unravelled. Most of the senior x-leaders are gone leaving Kitty and (dear god Jeen!) running teams.

Why do think Emma was thrown under the villain bus and Storm made into a spinless flake in IvX? Why to make room for the likes of Kitty and Jeen to be leaders of course. Can you really see Kitty in charge of a team with Emma on it? No fricken way. If Emma was still part of the x-men fold she’d either be in charge or Storm would.
    Jean's doing a great job as leader, thank you very much.

IF Emma were still part of the X-Men I don't see any of the senior X-Men following her unless adult Cyke was around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Jean's doing a great job as leader, thank you very much.

IF Emma were still part of the X-Men I don't see any of the senior X-Men following her unless adult Cyke was around.
    Because she's one of the most experienced leaders in the X-men. Even after Scott was dead she still had a group in IvX (**** as it was, Storm referenced that she had her own group despite there not being a book). Not to say she would be a guarantee, but I'd definitely say that higher than Kitty and Jeen on a non-kid team.