Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Actually I think it's been more growing away then growing beyond. Kitty and Storm did nothing to evolve the coexistence agenda. They either followed it or didn't but they never grew it beyond it simplistic essentials. Kitty certainly inherited Charles arrogance (what I choose for you is the best thing for you attitude). I find that funny since that was one aspect of Xavier that Kitty seemed to hate the most.

That said Xavier can provide some much needed stability to a group that has come completely unravelled. Most of the senior x-leaders are gone leaving Kitty and (dear god Jeen!) running teams.

Why do think Emma was thrown under the villain bus and Storm made into a spinless flake in IvX? Why to make room for the likes of Kitty and Jeen to be leaders of course. Can you really see Kitty in charge of a team with Emma on it? No fricken way. If Emma was still part of the x-men fold she’d either be in charge or Storm would.
    Storm has been a terrible leader since ANAD Marvel began, around the same time Kitty succesfully lead the GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    So yes, Xavier's return is very welcome. I don't think the X-Men have progressed beyond his teachings. In fact they need him now more than ever because the team is a giant steaming mess. They are everywhere and nowhere. Split up, disorganized, downtrodden and not themselves thanks to Marvel's handling of them since the Fox thing reached critical mass a couple of years ago.

Yes, Xavier would be the catalyst that might bring them all under one roof again and give them purpose and cohesiveness. Keep in mind it's the more current writer's agenda to turn him into a useless asshole and then kill him off. It isn't who is is. What he has become IS NOT how he was created. Again, all fingers point to recent Marvel editorial and writers' personal agendas.

Make the X-Men great again!!!

You're right the hard part is going to be to convince the readers after all of the mistakes that Xavier made.

Personally do not want and do not think X-men need Xavier after all he did . I prefer another one in charge including Kitty but every character deserves a second chance even more when writers and editors are responsible for everything.

The same say about Cyclops is my favorite character but for the sake of the X-mens it's time for other characters to get a chance to show what they can do. If it is for Cyclops or Xavier to return do not want them in the lead of the X-mens for years.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-21-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Jean's doing a great job as leader, thank you very much.
    Compared to the experience of other potential x-leaders out there Jeen's a baby. And when Cyke was leading at the same age it was due to a lack of more experienced candidates, not that Cyke at 18 was particularly ready for it. Who else was there... Sean Cassidy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    IF Emma were still part of the X-Men I don't see any of the senior X-Men following her unless adult Cyke was around.
    Which he's conveniently not. Logic loop complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    You're right the hard part is going to be to convince the readers after all of the mistakes that Xavier made.

Personally do not want and do not think X-men need Xavier after all he did . I prefer another one in charge including Kitty but every character deserves a second chance even more when writers and editors are responsible for everything.

The same say about Cyclops is my favorite character but for the sake of the X-mens it's time for other characters to get a chance to show what they can do. If it is for Cyclops or Xavier to return do not want them in the lead of the X-mens for years.
    Answer me this... With 10 current x-titles isn't there room for both old and new? Even chop that number back to 5 or 6 and I still think there's room. Give the old grinders like myself a book or two with the old crew and have 3-4 books covering the newer casts. Or mix it up with old and new. I don't know where this idea comes from that these titles can't coexist. I remember when the x-men rocked four books (Uncanny, NM, X-Factor & Excalibur). Those books (excluding x-factor for the first 30 odd issues) included a lot of crossover cast. I'm pretty sure they were at the top of their game back then too.

BANNED

If this is anything to go by, looks like Blue, Gold, & Wolverine at least:

... will continue on through Legacy, initially anyway.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...or-marvel-leg/

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Debuts First Teaser Cover Images For Marvel Legacy

The teasers feature the following artists:

Incredible Hulk - Mike Deodato
    America - Benjamin Caldwell
    X-Men: Blue - David Lopez
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur - Felipe Smith
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows - Khary Randolph
    Astonishing X-Men: John Cassaday

Love that Astonishing cover

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Care to post the X covers? CB.com has decided to block ad blockers.

Astonishing

Blue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

I know its early but i really feel its pandering to nostalgia.... i guessing all new wolverine will be a homage to Madripoor knights or Claremont and Miller run and old man logan will be returing to the wastland...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I know its early but i really feel its pandering to nostalgia.... i guessing all new wolverine will be a homage to Madripoor knights or Claremont and Miller run and old man logan will be returing to the wastland...
    I'm just hoping that Legacy marks a more prominent position for Laura as Wolverine's successor. She's STILL in Logan's shadow thanks to the Old Man being everywhere and taking up the Wolverine role in all the team books and events.

The last time I really enjoyed an X-Men title was the run in adjectiveless #188-203.
    ResurrXion just seems like a missed opportunity and none of the titles interest me.
    I'd like to see things go back to when there was just one X-Men book and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    The last time I really enjoyed an X-Men title was the run in adjectiveless #188-203.
    ResurrXion just seems like a missed opportunity and none of the titles interest me.
    I'd like to see things go back to when there was just one X-Men book and New Mutants.
    During Lemire run, there were only 3 team books and people were not satisfied with the general quality of them. So having fewer books will not solve the problem. We have to admit that Claremont and Simonson days are long gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Sorry but if they will create one book with cast from Gold, Blue and Astonishing then we will have X-men 92. This book would be really bad for me (because having 20 characters is very weak for the comic story). From what i saw: This book would be also very bad for majority of people.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Answer me this... With 10 current x-titles isn't there room for both old and new? Even chop that number back to 5 or 6 and I still think there's room. Give the old grinders like myself a book or two with the old crew and have 3-4 books covering the newer casts. Or mix it up with old and new. I don't know where this idea comes from that these titles can't coexist. I remember when the x-men rocked four books (Uncanny, NM, X-Factor & Excalibur). Those books (excluding x-factor for the first 30 odd issues) included a lot of crossover cast. I'm pretty sure they were at the top of their game back then too.
    Who are the old crew, though? I mean looking at the cast of Gold, Blue, and Astonishing, there aren't that many that are missing. I mean Jean, Scott, Logan, and Professor X, but they're all dead.