Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    let's see how he treats the rest of the justice league in METAL before making wild accusations
    Agreed. I don't get complaints about Snyder having too much bat love when he has only been on batman books mostly. His Swamp Thing run hardly included Batman, if at all, if I remember right.

oh i forgot he wrote swamp thing. i just read vol 1 last week and loved it.

How does DC decide in general terms who to put on JL writing?

I ask because I'm completely baffled how Hitch (who I rate highly as artist) gets put on writing. On surface it's one of DC's big comics, there's a film in the offing, DC is not apparently short of money, JL is difficult to write...so why go for a writer without a strong record?

Is it possible they would try same stunt twice?

I wish Mr. Hitch well wherever he landss, but the book really wasn't leaving a mark with me (and, appearently, with a whole lot of other people). Really looking foward to see who the new creative team will be. They'll need not only a big name writing it, but also a super-star artist to really cash in the attention the movie will bring to the book. I also hope we'll have some cool additions to the line-up. Don't let the ball drop, DC.

Peace

Fantastic Member

woo hoo! this is very good news ! I've been wondering for months when DC was going to get rid of him. his work has benn meh at best! "timeless" was enjoyable but this seemed more like a fill job til someone could do rebirth JLA stories. and I hope they do!

we need SOME connection to rebirth (besides Snyders Darks Days tale)

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

My choice for a potential writer to replace Hitch on Justice League would be Kurt Busiek, he is obviously no stranger to team books, with his fondly remembered run on The Avengers, and his iconic work on Astro City. My choice for an artist would probably be Phil Jimenez or Ethan Van Sciver, or even George Perez (I'd be fine with either one of them, they all have very similar styles.) Because of their knack for detail.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    How does DC decide in general terms who to put on JL writing?

I ask because I'm completely baffled how Hitch (who I rate highly as artist) gets put on writing. On surface it's one of DC's big comics, there's a film in the offing, DC is not apparently short of money, JL is difficult to write...so why go for a writer without a strong record?
    The same reason you had Tony Daniel writing Batman or Deathstroke at one time, David Finch writing his own Batbook or Andy Kubert writing a Damien mini. DC obviously wants to keep these artists on their payroll and were willing to go to great lengths for that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Best news I've read all month. As for a replacement for Hitch, here's a vote for Dan Abnett who's done great work on Aquaman.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't want to see Snyder take over because he'd probably add Duke and Harper to the Justice League lineup. There'd probably be a scene where Duke takes out the entire Justice League by himself.
    The collective meltdown would be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Jonathan Hickman? He's long been rumored to have a book in the works for DC, with some speculating it might be a relaunch of the Legion of Super-Heroes... But I would love to have him for the JL as well.
    If it's anything like his New Avengers run I'd be all in for a Hickman Justice League book.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Best news I've read all month. As for a replacement for Hitch, here's a vote for Dan Abnett who's done great work on Aquaman.
    Hell no. Titans has been very mediocre and we already have another JL book (JLA) disappointing us every month.
    JL needs to be groundbreaking. The last time Justice League had good and long runs was decades ago, during the Morrison, Waid and Kelly days.
    Johns had one truly good story (Darkseid War) and then the run ended
    I think Snyder might be able to make the book relevant again, but he's probably not available due to schedules.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's funny that this board is unanimous in complaints about the book, but then those kinda sentiments tend to drive discussion elsewhere. JL is a pretty great seller without a strong name on art, so obviously they did something right.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tom King obviously needs to do a JLA run eventually, but of course that will have to wait with Batman and Mister Miracle and his other plans.

But he's a very obvious pick for JLA I think. Marvel and DC fans would get excited.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tom King obviously needs to do a JLA run eventually, but of course that will have to wait with Batman and Mister Miracle and his other plans.

But he's a very obvious pick for JLA I think. Marvel and DC fans would get excited.
    I just came here to post in favor of a Tom King Justice League. Maybe Mister Miracle will be over by the time Hitch leaves?

There's no one I'd rather have on Justice League. King's Batman is my favorite thing DC's publishing, barely edging out a couple YA titles. I am dying to read his Justice League.

Most of all I'm just glad Hitch is leaving though. I can't believe it's taken so long. I understand that it's selling but the editors and publishers must have been reading the comics themselves. Bad editors and publishers! Bad!

I guess here is also a good place to register the opinion that since the lineup hasn't really changed (except changing out GL's) since the New 52 launched, I'd say it's well past time for a membership drive. I'm rather tired of the retconned founders give or take a GL. The original JLA added Green Arrow in #4 and The Atom shortly thereafter. This team has never had the same lineup this long, even if you divide it into pre-post Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It'd be cool if Chuck Dixon (writing Bane Conquest now) could get a shot at the Justice League.
    Pretty sure he's had a shot. Probably about 30 years ago by now.