Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Joss Whedon's leaked Wonder Woman Script

Have you read it? What do you think. Apparently twitter is ripping it to shreds but I don't think it is terrible so far. Not any more so than the one we got at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Have you read it? What do you think. Apparently twitter is ripping it to shreds but I don't think it is terrible so far. Not any more so than the one we got at least.
    Not more terrible than the amazing movie we got? what's that supposed to mean?

I haven't read the script, but I have read the backlash from the Twitterati. Funny how the man who created a feminist icon like Buffy, who has been praised for pushing strong female characters in literally all of his work, is now the target of militant feminist virtue signalling.

One of the best tweets I read was some clueless idiot saying the script proves that no female superhero film should ever be written by a man, even though the Wonder Woman film they are currently praising was written by a man. Derp.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not more terrible than the amazing movie we got? what's that supposed to mean?
    Oh please the movie was far from terrific. It didn't have the problems the rest of the DC movies did maybe but it was still just on par with the lowest of marvel movies. Even they didn't stoop so low as to discuss anyone's manhood size. Well pepper did that one time.

Oh please the movie was far from terrific. It didn't have the problems the rest of the DC movies did maybe but it was still just on par with the lowest of marvel movies. Even they didn't stoop so low as to discuss anyone's manhood size. Well pepper did that one time.
    What Superhero movie would you claim to be terrific and why would it be more terrific than Wonder Woman?

TBH I'm a big fan of the MCU and I'll say that the best thing about it is that there bad movies aren't terrible and still watchable. That said there good ones are usually just pretty good. WW is easily in that range or higher. I'd say the only MCU movies I prefer to it are Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Avengers.

And Whedon's script was baaaaaad. Thank the lord we got this one instead

not twitter, crazy feminist have been on an ongoing attack of Joss for some reason.

All of a sudden they dont find his style funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    TBH I'm a big fan of the MCU and I'll say that the best thing about it is that there bad movies aren't terrible and still watchable. That said there good ones are usually just pretty good. WW is easily in that range or higher. I'd say the only MCU movies I prefer to it are Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Avengers.

And Whedon's script was baaaaaad. Thank the lord we got this one instead
    i agree with this but ill add GOG in place of ironman,

Is there confirmation that this is even real? I thought Whedon only had an outline? I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time writing a hoax script, but you you never know with the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    I haven't read the script, but I have read the backlash from the Twitterati. Funny how the man who created a feminist icon like Buffy, who has been praised for pushing strong female characters in literally all of his work, is now the target of militant feminist virtue signalling.

One of the best tweets I read was some clueless idiot saying the script proves that no female superhero film should ever be written by a man, even though the Wonder Woman film they are currently praising was written by a man. Derp.
    It's just what happens when you claim to be for some cause. People, especially young people, will put you on a pedestal, then exaggerate your every flaw when they find the next celebrity to idolize. Look at how Tumblr feminists tear down Gloria Steinem. The sad thing is, people like Joss Whedon have also always been attacked by the other side, i.e. the anti-feminists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Is there confirmation that this is even real? I thought Whedon only had an outline?
    No, he had several completed scripts because the producers kept on demanding changes.

He said at the time that the various producers had very unclear and conflicting views of what they actually wanted from the script.

I looked a while for the actual quote, but it's old and seems to have drowned in a see of links about bloody Twitter being angry about this script.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Is there confirmation that this is even real? I thought Whedon only had an outline? I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time writing a hoax script, but you you never know with the internet.

It's just what happens when you claim to be for some cause. People, especially young people, will put you on a pedestal, then exaggerate your every flaw when they find the next celebrity to idolize. Look at how Tumblr feminists tear down Gloria Steinem. The sad thing is, people like Joss Whedon have also always been attacked by the other side, i.e. the anti-feminists.
    I remember being on a Buffy board and someone posted a link where a feminist was criticizing Whedon (raking him through the coals) about how anti-feminist "Firefly" was because it included a female character who was a prostitute. Yes because he included all of the classic old west characters he possibly could but all attempts to explain that to her were apparently lost and, of course, it was one of those blogs where people just delete and ban everyone who disagrees with them.

I kind of hate to channel Bill Maher because he's so wrong on so many things but he does have a point that we are sort of in an age of hyper sensitivity where certain people are "offended" by virtually everything they disagree with, the slightest choice of wording they don't like, etc. So I would surmise that most of these people have a concept of Feminism that is slightly to greatly different than Whedon's concept of it.

I would likewise imagine that Gloria Steinem's Feminism of the 1960s or 1970s isn't their current concept or simply isn't a reflection of their opinions in every way.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    So there are people who make a fuss about the script. Oh well, the movie was a smashing success anyways.
    Unless we're talking about OP, the fuss was made about a rejected script from a guy who's usually seen as a strong ally of feminists. Since his script wasn't used, people are actually using the current smashing success movie as the right way to do things (and yes, it was written by 3 men, but plenty of input from Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot definitely helped).

For anyone who's interested, OTND picked out some choice sections of Whedon's script to highlight all its problems. And, obviously, the current movie avoided all those pratfalls -- it wouldn't be as successful if it used the same gaze as Whedon's script.

Now, Whedon's done some exceptional feminist writing both before and after his WW script, and I'm sure it's a learning process since that script was written a decade ago, but it was still painful to read.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Where can it be found?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Where can it be found?
    https://indiegroundfilms.files.wordp...oss-whedon.pdf

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

ty kind sir