Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I finished reading the script last night, and quite enjoyed it.

A lot of the ideas Whedon laid out were recycled by the current Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot movie, which is utterly awful by comparison; "I will destroy yoouuuu...!" indeed (Ares, I'm looking at you).

Whedon's 'feminism' was always a true and genuine love of women from a man, which tumblr feminism and liberal feminism is the negation of (it's a hatred of femininity at it's core, mostly by women).

Hence, despite pioneering efforts with Buffy and the Avengers, he is now a victim of those he would have loved to please, and be appreciated by. I hope he gets over it quickly. I mean, he's a millionaire and who cares what anyone thinks of a script that was never meant to be seen publicly that was written over a decade ago?

I liked his work.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've read a couple of random of excerpts and this read like total dogshit and I'm eternally grateful this didn't get made. The twitter/tumblr backlash against Whedon is pretty ridiculous though. No creator can bat a thousand all the time and this is definitely Joss on an off day, but that doesn't erase the good writing for female characters he has produced, and may well produce again.

But then, I also thought the reaction to Black Widow in AoU was completely over the top. The film's usage of her wasn't great by any means, but Jesus.

I haven't seen the movie yet but, going by the last two posts, it is clearly the best/ worst movie ever made and the Joss Whedon script was a great/ horrible script.
    Power with Girl is better.

didn't JOSS WHEDON have Jessica Biel in mind to play wonder woman?

Colby Smulders