Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    We don't need another book about Peter Parker.
    Full agreement. The spider brand has already been diluted. With ASM, RYV and Spectacular you have more than enough dose of Peter Parker. Another Peter Parker title would dilute Peter himself.

Unless, its another Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man? (not Peter)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Given the success of the O5, I do wonder if Marvel might try something similar with Spidey but I don't think they would. It's one thing to have both Peter and Miles running around as Spidey, it's quite another thing to have Peter, Miles, and another Peter. But we'll see.
    The 05 were very successful in the beginning when they transferred over with the classic costumes and saw what befell their adult classics but over time they got stale and boring. I hear a lot of dislike for the time displaced 05 in X-Men forums but right now in X-Men Blue they're finally again in a good light and written well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there would probably have to be a finite plan for it compared to what was done with the 05, because I can't see them keeping 616 Spidey a kid again unless it's Miles.
    If they wanted a Teen Peter Parker they would use Ultimate Peter. But the whole concept of de aging or making A Peter Parker, a younger one replace the adult would be a terrible idea no matter what.

Spencer!? dang

Hope ya'll are ready for Hydra-Spider!
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Spencer!? dang

Well, Slott already beat him to it with the Superior Octopus .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Spencer!? dang

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Slott already beat him to it with the Superior Octopus .
    Well, in this case, get ready for Goblin Spider. Spider Man has been secretly under Green Goblin's control since the very beginning and it was Norman who orchestrated the spider bite and all for a grand experiment to make him his heir.

BANNED

Not being a fan of Slott's Amazing... I think that giving us more choices in respect to access to Peter Parker/Spiderman is a good thing. As for Nick Spencer writing Friendly...I'm on the fence on this one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Not being a fan of Slott's Amazing... I think that giving us more choices in respect to access to Peter Parker/Spiderman is a good thing. As for Nick Spencer writing Friendly...I'm on the fence on this one.
    I think another Peter Parker Spider Man title is a bad idea considering we will get three of those with tomorrow's release. You will have the awesome RYV, the new Spectacular and the ongoing ASM. Another would dilute the Spider brand even more and it would dilute Peter himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    I think another Peter Parker Spider Man title is a bad idea considering we will get three of those with tomorrow's release. You will have the awesome RYV, the new Spectacular and the ongoing ASM. Another would dilute the Spider brand even more and it would dilute Peter himself.
    It's already highly diluted...another title won't change much at this point IMHO.

Incredible Member

It's already highly diluted...another title won't change much at this point IMHO.
    I believe it will jeopardize the Peter Parker titles even more. The spider brand is diluted but with FNSM in addition to ASM, RYV and Spectacular, Peter would be diluted and that would be bad. RYV was supposed to be the return of classic Spidey but then Spectacular was announced and now FNSM is rumored to be something. The Peter Parker titles will compete with each other for audience and because non are ASM they will earn less considering all the books out there, not just about spiders, but Marvel in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    I believe it will jeopardize the Peter Parker titles even more. The spider brand is diluted but with FNSM in addition to ASM, RYV and Spectacular, Peter would be diluted and that would be bad. RYV was supposed to be the return of classic Spidey but then Spectacular was announced and now FNSM is rumored to be something. The Peter Parker titles will compete with each other for audience and because non are ASM they will earn less considering all the books out there, not just about spiders, but Marvel in general.
    You may be right Unknown...but I don't think Marvel cares at all about dilution,they only care about meeting profit margins.

Incredible Member

You may be right Unknown...but I don't think Marvel cares at all about dilution,they only care about meeting profit margins.
    If they haven't learned anything from their short term profits business model, they are doomed and heading into a darker age of sales. As time goes on, their precious number 1's sell less and less and they are still launching new books en masse with fifty percent of them barely meeting expectations.

Less is more, right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Less is more, right?
    Yes. Quality over quantity. Works better most of the time... except when dealing with the zombie apocalypse. That's the only time quantity really gets out ahead (pardon if the comparison was to your dislike).

Spectacular Member

IF this book is a reality, then I wouldn't mind a 12 part Spider-Man vs the Superior foes story (since satellite Spidey title don't last all THAT long anyway...might as well get a good story out)