Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Or perhaps joining Slott and Gage as co writers so Slott can have a new title?
    Return of the multi-writers format like in BND?

It would be a little weird to have cowriters on ASM immediately after Spectacular got launched, especially since Slott and Zdarsky have closer styles than Spencer and Slott.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

How long before Slott refutes that rumor?
    He might just ignore it so as to not give it more publicity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    He might just ignore it so as to not give it more publicity.
    Slott did not stay silent when we were talking about omd.

Silver Surfer is already ending, so Slott has room to do something else without leaving ASM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

This is a little bit different to OMD though as this current rumour can only last so long and won't be talked about as...passionately. Shall we say?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Return of the multi-writers format like in BND?
    After how well that worked out the last time, I don't think they'd go back to that given how inconsistent that made the book.

If they want multiple writers on Spider-Man it's probably better that they revive the traditional satellite dynamic rather then go back to the multi-writer format in my opinion. I just don't think it works for one ongoing book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would be a little weird to have cowriters on ASM immediately after Spectacular got launched, especially since Slott and Zdarsky have closer styles than Spencer and Slott.
    I'd say Spencer and Zdarksy are closer in style then Zdarsky and Slott, though I guess Zdarsky and Slott do have writing a goofy Spider-Man in common.

BANNED

That's a different matter. Commenting on a decade-old storyline that he had nothing to do with is quite different than revealing how long he's going to continue writing ASM and who may or may not be taking over.

If Slott's wrapping up his run and handing it over to Spencer, I'd be cool with that. I've loved Slott's run but if he has a good end game mapped out, better to go out on a high note and on his own terms. And I've always thought Spencer would be a fantastic fit for Spidey so I'm all for him jumping on ASM.

We'll see how it goes. If Slott is leaving, I bet "The Fall of Parker" will be his big finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Silver Surfer is already ending, so Slott has room to do something else without leaving ASM.
    He might just stick to ASM.
    Silver Surfer was constantly delayed probably cuz ASM was a higher priority book for Slott.

Haven't loved Slott's Spidey for awhile but I'd actually be fine with him just doing Spider-Man. Sometimes writers get stretched thin when their attention is in multiple places.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

Slott is not quitting ASM come on now. They're gonna have to pry that book out of his cold dead hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Slott is not quitting ASM come on now. They're gonna have to pry that book out of his cold dead hands.
    There will come a point where he decides it's time to move on. This could be it.

Also, Marvel might have tempted him with an offer for another book that he couldn't say no to.

BANNED

Whatever your feeling are about Slott as writer of Amazing are I think we can say that we will have him until # 800 at the least. After that I can't see Slott doing another 50 or 100 issues of Amazing...burnout comes eventually and Slott may decide to leave at that time.

Dan's not leaving ASM anytime soon, it just doesn't make any sense. It's the only ongoing series that tops the charts on a regular basis, and he can fully focus on writing Spidey once Silver Surfer ends.
    On the other hand I wouldn't mind if Spencer replaced Zdasrsky, considering how bad Spectacular Spider-Man #1 was.

BANNED

BC have compiled a list of all Legacy rumors thus far, and are now suggesting Dan is done after Eight-Hundred, with Spencer taking over afterwards.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...e-marvel-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Nah, fam. Even death couldn't stop the Slott.
    I'd like to imagine him still writing ASM as a Futurama style head in a jar. XD
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .