Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I doubt it is true. Slott has said he will be on Spider-man for a long time, and the book is Marvel's top selling superhero ongoing, so I cannot see Marvel pushing him out.
    Let's hope you are right. I'm truly pessimistic and pissed off right now. Usually when BC says some non-sense, Dan will fastly take them down. He didn't this time. I'm truly hoping he will come on this thread and say it isn't so, because if it's true, it just sucks.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If true, bye I guess?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Honestly I'm kind of excited about this news. I loved all of Big Time, Superior Spider-Man, and Spider-Verse. I've only read worldwide up to issue #24, but I've been enjoying it. However I really like everything Nick Spencer's written, so I'm just happy to see a new perspective on Spider-Man. Slott's been around for like ~250 issues, and while I enjoyed his run, I think it would be great to try something new at this point.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I wish Slott had left before the Fall of Parker storyline, so that it didn't have to happen.

BANNED

I think it's far past time Slott left the title. I enjoyed most of Big Time and Superior Spider-Man, but haven't liked Volumes 3 and 4 at all. He's definitely done some good to great stories in the past, but I think his well ran dry a few years ago.

Mighty Member

Spider-Man has been Marvel's most popular character as well as one of the most popular comic charaters for many years since I was a kid , and I am 45 years old.
    Amazing Spider-Man would be one of the top-selling comic book any way.

I just want Mary Jane back in Amazing Spider-Man as the supporting character and the love interest.
    She has been out of the Spider-Man comics too long.
    I also got tired of Mary Jane being portrayed negatively and out of character.

The only ongoing Spider-Man comic that I am reading now is Renew Your Vows.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-01-2017 at 04:10 PM.

If this rumor has any truth to it, I really hope that we're getting Superior Foes/Ant Man Spencer and not the Captain America Spencer because last thing we need is more writing like he did with both Captain America books in Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If this rumor has any truth to it, I really hope that we're getting Superior Foes/Ant Man Spencer and not the Captain America Spencer because last thing we need is more writing like he did with both Captain America books in Spider-Man.
    I dunno, on the one hand we could get a Peter Parker who's a losing loser who loses (Ant-Man) or a depressingly underdog hero (Sam Wilson).

Can't say I care for either, though I guess some would say the latter is true to Spider-Man .

BANNED

dude's gotta leave eventually. I mean shit, he's been on the book for TEN YEARS. He wrote ASM #600, 700, & he's doing 800. Like bruh. Let somebody else have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Spider-Man has been Marvel's most popular character as well as one of the most popular comic charaters for many years since I was a kid , and I am 45 years old.
    Amazing Spider-Man would be one of the top-selling comic book any way.

I just want Mary Jane back in Amazing Spider-Man as the supporting character and the love interest.
    She has been out of the Spider-Man comics too long.
    I also got tired of Mary Jane being portrayed negatively and out of character.

The only ongoing Spider-Man comic that I am reading now is Renew Your Vows.
    The X-Men appeared as if it would always be one of the best selling comic books, and now it's not doing so well. Being at the top is no guarantee you'll stay there.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

What an amazing run. Ten years, three anniversary issues. I haven't liked everything Slott has done, but I've liked a lot of it and one thing you can't fault, even if you disagree with his interpretation and understanding of the character, is his love for him.

I'm happy if it's true, happy if it isn't. Spencer is a great writer, I like his Captain America, and think he'd do well on Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    ...after Dan Slott writes Amazing Spider-Man #800.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...er-man-really/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...e-marvel-2018/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...g-pepe-larraz/

All I'm going to say is that if that is true, I'm quitting Marvel Comics for the time being. With all due respect to Nick Spencer, it's not that I don't think he isn't a good writer, but it just feels wrong. It feels like he is falling upwards, while Dan Slott has been month in and month out writing some of the best contemporary Spider-Man stories of all time. I know that Dan himself would advocate against it and would give him all the endorsement, but that's not the point. So that's it, if Dan Slott is out of Amazing Spider-Man, I'm not just out of the title, I'm out of Marvel Comics altogether and with no intention of giving any chances to the publisher for the time being.
    And if Dan is off ASM but writing another Spider-Man title, what then?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    ...after Dan Slott writes Amazing Spider-Man #800.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...er-man-really/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...e-marvel-2018/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...g-pepe-larraz/

All I'm going to say is that if that is true, I'm quitting Marvel Comics for the time being. With all due respect to Nick Spencer, it's not that I don't think he isn't a good writer, but it just feels wrong. It feels like he is falling upwards, while Dan Slott has been month in and month out writing some of the best contemporary Spider-Man stories of all time. I know that Dan himself would advocate against it and would give him all the endorsement, but that's not the point. So that's it, if Dan Slott is out of Amazing Spider-Man, I'm not just out of the title, I'm out of Marvel Comics altogether and with no intention of giving any chances to the publisher for the time being.
    Falling upwards?
    A mini series he wrote turned into a 16 issue cult classic, his next mini was one of the most well received events and now he's written one of the best, original and complex sagas of the last twenty years. He definitely deserves every success

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    Falling upwards?
    A mini series he wrote turned into a 16 issue cult classic, his next mini was one of the most well received events and now he's written one of the best, original and complex sagas of the last twenty years. He definitely deserves every success
    Could you please recommend these good comics?
    What should I be looking for?

I really have to wonder what a Nick Spencer Spider-Man run would be like. I mean, he's dived into the Spider-side of things with Superior Foes, but that's a lot different from writing Amazing Spider-Man.

Heck, he's also probably written a lot more of Miles then he has Peter, taking Secret Empire into account. Has he ever even really written Peter Parker before?

I guess if I had to wager what's likely given Spencer's past works, we can expect:

- Movie synergy.

- References to social media.

- Plenty of Comedy and every character making quips or snarking.

- Attempts to make the book feel more progressive and diverse (which may or may not rub fans the wrong way). Somehow I feel like he'll do a better job of it then is the case in ASM right now, or at least it'll feel more fleshed out and meaningful. Maybe bring Robbie and his family back to prominence, or Modell.

- If his treatment of Diamondback is any indication, Black Cat will probably still be a Queenpin (and just get quickly dropped as a plot point like Slott did).

- Okay to solid action sequences.

- Spider-Man might have his own "team" that makes up the core supporting cast.