Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Marvel Legacy #1 - this is a maybe; the premise is intriguing
    Runaways #1 - this is a probably; I loved the original two volumes
    Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider #7 & 8 - FAVORITE CHARACTER = DEFINITE BUYS!!!! PLUS SLINGERS?!?!?!?! I'M DYING OVER HERE I'M SO STOKED!!!!
    Spider-Gwen #24 - definite buy (although this series is hit-or-miss for me)
    Iron Fist #7 - DEFINITE BUY! THIS SERIES IS GREAT
    America #7 - definite buy; I'm intrigued by its potential

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    4)the slingers are back! Woo hoo! Wonder where they've been the last decade or so?
    Woo hoo is right, my friend! Glad to see someone else is excited for their return! I can't wait to see what PAD has in store for them, and I hope they stick around for more than a single story.

If you're interested in catching up with their history, I have a rough summation over on the Spidey board: http://community.comicbookresources....itations/page2

SLINGERS 4 EVA!!!!!!!

-Pav, who tries to limit himself to five Marvel comics a month but...

PS: For those who don't like the current ethics of Ben Reilly, I say unto thee: let the story play out! The guy is messed up for legit reasons! Trust in PAD! Keep reading Scarlet Spider!

PPS: Gonna miss Slott's Silver Surfer. It certainly marched to its own tune, but I liked it
    Last edited by Pav; 06-21-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Generations: Iron Man and Ironheart #1
    Invincible Iron Man #11
    Venomverse: War Stories #1
    Iron Fist #7
    The Punisher #16
    Doctor Strange #25
    Zombie Assemble 2 #2
    Cable #5
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They usually add those last issues to the end of the trade if it gets cancelled one or two issues into what should be the next one, for example Great Lakes Avengers had an extra issue added to the TPB because it was cancelled at #7. If it gets cancelled after three issues into a trade, they use some sort of filler to make it up to four or five issues - Mockingbird vol 2 had two Bendis New Avengers issues in it, and Mosaic vol 2 had the Uncanny Inhumans issue in it that he debuted in. Those two books were both axed at issue 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    They will cram in last issues to a trade if they have to. I would be disappointed as well. But if it ends, better have a good conclusion. I am also thankfull that Spider-Verse is recent, so they won't repeat it anytime soon either. (MC2 )
    Maybe, however Amazon is already taking preorders and it doesn't list 11 or 12 being in the next volume. That kind of suggests that Vol. 2 is already set.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe, however Amazon is already taking preorders and it doesn't list 11 or 12 being in the next volume. That kind of suggests that Vol. 2 is already set.
    Amazon usually takes preorders earlier than the initial Diamond solicits and even those are still subject to change before FOC.

Amazon's listing for Secret Empire HC doesn't even include Secret Empire #10. Guessing the HC will also end up including Secret Empire Omega.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Super late on this, but...

Definitely:
    MARVEL LEGACY #1 - Not a fan of Aaron, but interested to see where this goes. Also, yay for the lack of mutants on the cover. Well, it was nice while it alsted. Also, the crap is up with Quesada's male faces (Strange aside)?
    RUNAWAYS #1 - Looking forward to this! The Runaways helped get me into comics, and it's really sad that not much has happened with them since their last series ended. Oh, but I already hate these new designs. Nico showing off so much leg just looks off for her, Chase went from scruffy skater dude to douchey hipster and Karolina is... overdressed to say the least. Gert and Molly look fine at least, but it's kinda weird that Molly still looks like a pre-teen.
    DEFENDERS #5 - Getting an arc, though I haven't started reading it yet. Haven't even read the FCBD stuff because procrastination.

DEADPOOL: WORLD’S GREATEST VOL. 3 HC
    BLACK PANTHER AND THE CREW: WE ARE THE STREETS TPB - Was this only six issues?! Huh.
    WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN VOL. 5 — PAST LIVES TPB - Very meh arc in a very big letdown of a run, but I wanna have all the trades.

Maybe:
    IRON FIST #7 - The run has been kinda boring so far. Unless it picks up by the end of the first arc, I'm out. But ooo, Shang-Chi!
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #3 - This cover throws me off. Idno, shirtless wandering kid Logan is just... that wasn't ever a thing, was it? He had Rose helping him after his powers manifested, so seeing him all disheveled is weird to me. Though seeing kid Logan AT ALL is weird to me.

SPIDER-GWEN VOL. 2 HC
    THOR: RAGNAROKS TPB
    ROYALS VOL. 1: BEYOND INHUMAN TPB - Might wait it out to see if this gets an OHC or omnibus, but not sure since the show might make it hard to find.
    OCCUPY AVENGERS VOL. 2: IN PLAIN SIGHT TPB - Still haven't started the first trade, but liked the preview pages I read way back.
    SECRET WARRIORS VOL. 1: SECRET EMPIRE TPB - Because I like Rosenberg and two of the cat (Daisy and Kamala), and hopefully Daisy is still Daisy and hasn't been changed THAT MUCH for the MCU's sake.
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL VOL. 3: ITSY BITSY TPB - I'm reading Deadpool in OHC, so might wait for that, though I ONLY want Kelly's stuff.
    AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB - Stopped picking up the Bendis Avengers trades. Don't feel like I'm missing much.
    THE PROX TRANSMISSIONS TPB
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Is this the month of off covers? The ****? generations: Captain Marvel & Captain Mar-Vell has weird faces, Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel (um... Carol was still called Ms. Marvel back then, so.. whatever) has Carol's abs-hole looking weird, Daisy's lack of knees on Secret Warriors, Sam falling asleep on Avengers, the weird hammer rub-off on Mighty Thor, Wasp's weird legs and pooping pose on Uncanny Avengers, whatever the **** is going on with that Hulk cover, the weird Spider-Men II cover where I can't tell at all what emotion it's conveying, Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme 's weird head and neck, I am Groot's plastic Star-Lord hair, and the weird... slices of Iceman on the Iceman cover, Rey's complete blank stare on Captain Phasma,

I am SO glad I'm not reading anything Spidey related and that I stopped caring about Venom. They have overtaken the GotG in saturation. Also, ew, Cullen Bunn. Though if done in the right way, I could see Venom #154 being a good read.

That Black Bolt cover is adorable.

When did all the Inhumans' costumes become boring? I miss the classic looks

Did Strange get his amazingly huge collar back?! Because that would be great

Omg, Monsters Unleashed is still going?!

The crap is going on over in Thanos?! I mean, given what Jean Grey is about and Lemire beign a bit coy on the Phoenix Force being in Thanos before it started, I didn't expect that. Also, didn't Thane kick Thanos' ass without even trying in Infinity? Why is this a problem for him?

That Venomised Cable variant... does the gun in his left hand have no trigger? And something tells me even if it weren't venomised, Wade's hands would be off.

Logan being on the Venomised All-New Wolverine variant is weird to me, though I guess it makes more sense since the draw is Sabretooth.

Venomised Dark Phoenix Jean looks dope

Has Vader always had green light thingies on his belt? they stand out.

So the Deadpool and Co. Omnibus is basically random tat?

That Thor: Gods & Deviants cover may be one of the few times I've liked Ed McGuinness' art.

How WAS Waid's Hulk run? I've heard it was pretty average I think, especially for him, but I'm not sure.

Goddamn, that Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel cover is nice. Checchetto needs to do more interior art... on series I care about, because even HE couldn't get me to finish Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Holy ****, I completely forgot Standoff existed until I saw that trade! Never has a modern event been so forgettable, at least to me.

I have never seen Spidey's TOES thjrough his suit before, so that Daily Bugle cover is definitely memorable. Well, that and I could've sworn that was Bagley.

Wait, are they messing with us? Deadpool Classic vol. 19? That stuff is from THIS decade!

Are the random Dracula and Werewolf by Midnight trades supposed to cash-in on the Dark Universe? Or is there some upcoming project I don't know about?

Oh, and severe lack of omnibi! I am disappoint
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post

Definitely:
    MARVEL LEGACY #1 - Not a fan of Aaron, but interested to see where this goes. Also, yay for the lack of mutants on the cover. Well, it was nice while it alsted. Also, the crap is up with Quesada's male faces (Strange aside)?
    Isn't the one shown a variant? I know I saw at least one other cover with Cyclops, Jean (Marvel Girl/Phoenix), and Deadpool.

BLACK PANTHER AND THE CREW: WE ARE THE STREETS TPB - Was this only six issues?! Huh.
    Yeah, it was cancelled after issue two with six total. I think it'll read better as a trade, tbh.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Isn't the one shown a variant? I know I saw at least one other cover with Cyclops, Jean (Marvel Girl/Phoenix), and Deadpool.
    Marvel has 11 publisher covers:
    Party
    Joe Quesada Premium
    Joe Quesada Double Gatefold (Regular Cover?)
    Mark Brooks Wraparound
    Alex Ross
    Greg Land
    John Tyler Christopher Trading Card
    Joe Quesada Black and White
    Alex Ross Black and White
    Skottie Young Baby
    Amy Reeder

The crappy faces are from Greg Land.

Edit: Scratch that. Does seem like it's either Quesada or Adam Kubert. I'm not familiar with either's art.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 06-25-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It seems ultimates 2 is indeed ending with ultimates 2 #100 it'll probably be double sized so 30 40 or 50 pages of story more than enough to wrap up the eternity war story the team probably disbands afterwards.

As you can see it lists the ultimates 2 series on the site 2016-2017 and when that's being said it usually means the series is ending, it may relaunch at a later date with a new lineup though for legacy.

https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Ultim...al-comic/45484

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Marvel has 11 publisher covers:
    Party
    Joe Quesada Premium
    Joe Quesada Double Gatefold (Regular Cover?)
    Mark Brooks Wraparound
    Alex Ross
    Greg Land
    John Tyler Christopher Trading Card
    Joe Quesada Black and White
    Alex Ross Black and White
    Skottie Young Baby
    Amy Reeder

The crappy faces are from Greg Land.

Edit: Scratch that. Does seem like it's either Quesada or Adam Kubert. I'm not familiar with either's art.
    Oh, the one shown is defs Quesada. Also, for the record I was being sarcastic and hate the lack of mutants... but I'm also apparently blind because Storm is there on the left.

Regular pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It seems ultimates 2 is indeed ending with ultimates 2 #100 it'll probably be double sized so 30 40 or 50 pages of story more than enough to wrap up the eternity war story the team probably disbands afterwards.

As you can see it lists the ultimates 2 series on the site 2016-2017 and when that's being said it usually means the series is ending, it may relaunch at a later date with a new lineup though for legacy.

https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Ultim...al-comic/45484
    Well, the original Ultimates series did go up to Ultimates 3. Marvel have started series with even worse reasons, so I can see it happening. Hopefully it doesn't end up being LIKE Ultimates 3 :P

Regular pulls:

Astonishing Member

The Spider-Man comics as Amazing Spider-Man or Scarlet Spider are looking to be great.
    The Venom event looks interesting.
    Marvel Legacy is one of the comic books i am looking forward to read as well.
    And plenty of other comic books as Cable or Daredevil that are looking to be cool.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post

Definitely:
    RUNAWAYS #1 - Looking forward to this! The Runaways helped get me into comics, and it's really sad that not much has happened with them since their last series ended. Oh, but I already hate these new designs. Nico showing off so much leg just looks off for her, Chase went from scruffy skater dude to douchey hipster and Karolina is... overdressed to say the least. Gert and Molly look fine at least, but it's kinda weird that Molly still looks like a pre-teen.
    DEFENDERS #5 - Getting an arc, though I haven't started reading it yet. Haven't even read the FCBD stuff because procrastination.

DEADPOOL: WORLD’S GREATEST VOL. 3 HC
    WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN VOL. 5 — PAST LIVES TPB - Very meh arc in a very big letdown of a run, but I wanna have all the trades.

Maybe:
    IRON FIST #7 - The run has been kinda boring so far. Unless it picks up by the end of the first arc, I'm out. But ooo, Shang-Chi!
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #3 - This cover throws me off. Idno, shirtless wandering kid Logan is just... that wasn't ever a thing, was it? He had Rose helping him after his powers manifested, so seeing him all disheveled is weird to me. Though seeing kid Logan AT ALL is weird to me.

SPIDER-GWEN VOL. 2 HC
    THOR: RAGNAROKS TPB
    ROYALS VOL. 1: BEYOND INHUMAN TPB - Might wait it out to see if this gets an OHC or omnibus, but not sure since the show might make it hard to find.
    OCCUPY AVENGERS VOL. 2: IN PLAIN SIGHT TPB - Still haven't started the first trade, but liked the preview pages I read way back.
    SECRET WARRIORS VOL. 1: SECRET EMPIRE TPB - Because I like Rosenberg and two of the cat (Daisy and Kamala), and hopefully Daisy is still Daisy and hasn't been changed THAT MUCH for the MCU's sake.
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL VOL. 3: ITSY BITSY TPB - I'm reading Deadpool in OHC, so might wait for that, though I ONLY want Kelly's stuff.
    AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB - Stopped picking up the Bendis Avengers trades. Don't feel like I'm missing much.
    THE PROX TRANSMISSIONS TPB
    Well once Rose Died he lived in the woods for a time before rejoining Humanity so yeah he would be disheveled
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Well once Rose Died he lived in the woods for a time before rejoining Humanity so yeah he would be disheveled
    But not, like, twelve.

Regular pulls:

Niffleheim

Generations: Captain marvel & ms. Marvel #1
    generations: Miles morales spider-man & peter parker spider-man #1

mighty thor #23
    spider-men ii #3
    amazing spider-man #32
    spider-man #20
    black bolt #5
    inhumans: Once and future kings #2
    moon girl and devil dinosaur #23
    ms. Marvel #22
    royals #7
    royals #8
    all-new guardians of the galaxy #9
    all-new guardians of the galaxy #10
    thanos #11
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-26-2017 at 01:13 PM.