Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Default September Marvel Solicitations

Great googly- moogly, september looks like a transitional month for marvel. Teams are changing, status quos are changing... and i'm wondering what to pick up.
    1) "secret empire omega" looks like it sets things off, but i already think we've seen cap's get out of jail free card.
    2) i wonder how the champions team will shake out... and which avenger is probably on their way out.
    3) ordinarily, i wouldn't care what venom's symbiote thinks, but given how it's trying to redeem itself, i might check it out.
    4)the slingers are back! Woo hoo! Wonder where they've been the last decade or so?
    5) marvel still really wants me to like deadpool- which reminds me- coulson...��
    6) i'm wondering if i should've been buying the " once and future kings" mini.. also, not sure if i'm going to jump ship on the royals.
    7) uncanny avengers is hanging on by a thread for me. And i just noticed- who's that character in the yellow and brown outfit?
    8) i'm wondering if we'll actually see the beast go all demonic in xmen; blue. Because that's about the only reason i'm still reading this book.
    9) norman osborn AGAIN?! Geez, i'm really sick of this guy.
    Last edited by protege; 06-20-2017 at 09:42 AM.

BANNED

Slingers return
    New stories beginning meaning legacy wont be a big change
    lots of double shipping

The end of many books I feel

Legacy doesn't begin until october then

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Everything won't be the same again for real!

Also, no joking this time but it looks like Unstoppable Wasp...

has been stopped.

Astonishing Member

Can't wait to see the Slingers' involvement within the BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER Series.....

....Also, the ROYALS versus The Snarks (from POWER PACK no less) ...?!???

Scarlet Witch is staying with Uncanny Avengers. Human Torch is also staying, which means that the Fantastic Four are not returning.
    Sam Wilson is leaving Avengers. Unfortunately, Mike Del Mundo is still drawing the book.
    I am disappointed by the lack of a Black Widow re-launch.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-20-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Sounds like both Infamous Iron Man and Invincible Iron Man are both ending, I'm assuming with either just Invincible replacing them starring both Tony and Riri, or having both an Invincible Iron Man book and an Ironheart book. Also, can someone tell me what the heck is up with that Iron Man generations solicit...?(Sorcerer Supreme, how, why, what?)

Astonishing Member

My God, my wallet! It's going to hurt so bad lol. With Generations this will be the most expensive comic book month I've ever had. But I cannot wait!

Incredible Member

No Ultimates, no Wasp, no Captain America (that's gonna be relaunched of course), Infamous Iron Man, Sorcerers Supreme, Monsters Unleashed look to be ending.

Avengers, Cap Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible Iron Man covers all suggest an ending

Moongirl, Black Bolt, Champions, possibly ending?

I still don't really understand what Legacy or Generations is, but it looks like all I'm picking up is Iron Fist and maybe Secret Empire: Omega. Wasn't planning on getting anything SE related post-event, but I should've seen that coming.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    My God, my wallet! It's going to hurt so bad lol. With Generations this will be the most expensive comic book month I've ever had. But I cannot wait!
    Same here! My wallet is already crying. But it looks like an AMAZING month!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    No Ultimates, no Wasp, no Captain America (that's gonna be relaunched of course), Infamous Iron Man, Sorcerers Supreme, Monsters Unleashed look to be ending.

Avengers, Cap Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible Iron Man covers all suggest an ending

Moongirl, Black Bolt, Champions, possibly ending?
    I'd kind of like to know if some books are ending by next week, so i don't waste money ordering them.

Looks like Silver Surfer is done. Dan Slott has basically tweeted as much.

And Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme is apparently wrapping up too.

Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I still don't really understand what Legacy or Generations is, but it looks like all I'm picking up is Iron Fist and maybe Secret Empire: Omega. Wasn't planning on getting anything SE related post-event, but I should've seen that coming.
    Generations is a series of one-shots focusing on the legacy characters going back in time to have an adventure with the past version of the original hero.
    Legacy is essentially the next season of Marvel stories, like what happened with All-New, All-Different Marvel or Marvel NOW! 2.0.

Generations is basically a transitional period that goes into Legacy, as Legacy's supposed main theme will be about the old guard and new guard really working together.

As for the other solicits, I expect we're gonna get all the actual Legacy stuff next month, since thats what happened with ANAD and NOW, they started in October.

-Unstoppable Wasp looks to be the only book that was cancelled (sadly, it was very enjoyable), while Infamous Iron Man and Sorcerers Supreme will be ending.
    -I'm surprised we're getting all of Venomverse week by week. I guess that solves the event overlap problem.
    Last edited by Inversed; 06-20-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Thoughts:

- That Legacy one-shot sounds like every event or major one-shot description ever. Though I wonder how deliberate it is that we've got classic Cap, Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man in all the Legacy promotion? And I wonder who the child making the prayer is (Franklin)?

- So a return we've been waiting for (which could be anyone) and one we've been dreading...I can't really think of a character people have been dreading coming back, unless they're talking about classic Logan .

- Huh, so I guess Riri is teaming-up with Bendis' Sorcerer Supreme Strange, not classic Tony.

- Kamala working with Carol at her old magazine job? I hope she gets to meet Peter and Jonah while she's there .

- Looks like Steve is definitely still alive post-Secret Empire, but nobody knows what to do with him in light of what he did under Hydra's control.

- I wonder why Roberto is being ousted from AIM? Is he being held accountable for the groups failures in Secret Empire?

- I doubt Sam is going to "step up" to be the leader when he's already been leaving The Avengers as Cap by this point, but it does sound like he's leaving the team.

- I guess it's inevitable that multiple versions of Thor would fight each other at this point.

- I wonder what Uncanny Avengers' new direction is going to be post-Secret Empire?

- Doom should ride horses more.

- Good to know we can finally expect Maddy back, and see what Amadeus is like when he finally lets loose his inner monster.

- I wonder how Priest's Inhuman's prequel story will jive with continuity?

- Hey, Moon Boy is still alive! That's nice (even if it looks like Devil will have to choose between him and Lunella) .

- "Snarkwar?" Really? I'm guessing the Inhuman with the "star-crossed" romance is going to be either Noh-Varr or Swain. Also good to finally be going more in-depth with the Skyspears.

- I can't say I need to know the secrets of Maria Hill, but it sounds like they'll be a big enough deal that I probably won't be able to avoid finding out about them.

- "Canadian Murder Cult." Okay.

- I wonder if John Barber is the new Dr. Strange writer? I could see him really fitting on the book. Also nice to see classic Strange again.

- I'm surprised that Monsters Unleashed book is actually heading into Legacy given that's probably going to be the last issue (unless it has a Scholastic deal?).

- Doesn't take too much to guess Madame Masque is responsible for Kate's problems, going by the cover.

- Ewing's going full-on Mantlo with his Rocket book.