Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Slingers return
    New stories beginning meaning legacy wont be a big change
    lots of double shipping

The end of many books I feel

Legacy doesn't begin until october then
    I still think they would be smart to stagger the relaunches. Given that, if there are books starting in October, great, but other books could get another whole arc before relaunching in December or even January if they wanted to.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a shame to see the book ending right after Janet became the co-star .
    I guess it was a matter that they spent so much time on doing things that felt quirky or inconsequential that it just didn't interest people. On top of that, her supporting cast just wasn't interesting. I mean, I get what they were going for but filling the entire book with nothing but original genius characters just makes them feel too similar. On top of that, adding in more genius characters when Marvel's been oversaturating the market with genius characters causes the whole trope to quickly feel played out.

I'm kinda tempted to get the Ms Marvel generations book.
    It's sounds super adorable and it's written by Wilson.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Astonishing Member

MARVEL LEGACY #1 Sounds big

GENERATIONS CAPTAIN AMERICA: Want to see the 2 team up again
    GENERATIONS CAPTAIN MARVEL: Maybe get will see how Carol handles the alien invasion
    GENERATIONS MS. MARVEL: I think this premise will be fun
    SECRET WARRIORS #6: This is what I was hoping for each arc will be its own thing but will have a flow, also since Coulson was also friends with Kamala I bet this is what will cause Quake and her to become friends. Also no Karnak? I don't see him on the cover.
    BLACK BOLT #5: Has been super great so far.
    MS. MARVEL #22: Not much to say but is cool seeing Ms. Marvel take on Becky again.
    ROYALS #7 + ROYALS #8: Star crossed love, war with reptiles, and Maximus the Mad.
    THANOS #11: Has been terrific so far.
    Also am I crazy or is Champions missing from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    MARVEL LEGACY #1 Sounds big

GENERATIONS CAPTAIN AMERICA: Want to see the 2 team up again
    GENERATIONS CAPTAIN MARVEL: Maybe get will see how Carol handles the alien invasion
    GENERATIONS MS. MARVEL: I think this premise will be fun
    SECRET WARRIORS #6: This is what I was hoping for each arc will be its own thing but will have a flow, also since Coulson was also friends with Kamala I bet this is what will cause Quake and her to become friends. Also no Karnak? I don't see him on the cover.
    BLACK BOLT #5: Has been super great so far.
    MS. MARVEL #22: Not much to say but is cool seeing Ms. Marvel take on Becky again.
    ROYALS #7 + ROYALS #8: Star crossed love, war with reptiles, and Maximus the Mad.
    THANOS #11: Has been terrific so far.
    Also am I crazy or is Champions missing from this.
    It's there, towards the top; scuttlebutt is the team might be getting a relaunch soon.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I didn't say what I'll be getting. I like that they snuck in another Secret Empire issue. Only Royals is doubleshipping, but two Generations books and Marvel Legacy increase the price anyway:

Marvel Legacy - Hard to ignore this, but it actually looks interesting.
    Generations: Captain Marvel and Captain Mar-Vell - This is really exciting for me since I love Mar-Vell in his throwback glory.
    Generations: Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel - I feel I need to get this as well, but G. Willow Wilson also has me hyped.
    Secret Empire: Omega - Seriously? This would be issue 13 if you count the zero and FCBD issue, right? Assuming this book hasn't completely burned me out, I'll probably get it.

Daredevil 26 - Great solicit and I'm always getting this anyway
    Defenders 5 - I haven't actually read issue one yet, but I'm probably getting this unless I hate that issue.
    Black Panther 18 - Only Black Panther book again, sadly
    Jessica Jones 12 - I've been enjoying this and its unavailability on Marvel Unlimited will keep me going despite Bendis decompression.

Secret Warriors 6 - This series has been a blast so far
    Royals 7 and 8 - Al Ewing has always impressed me.
    Black Bolt 5 - One of the most interesting comics I've read in a long time, particularly with Christian Ward's fascinating and perfectly-fitting art
    Inhumans: Once and Future Kings 2 - Assuming the first issue isn't a dog, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Christopher Priest can do

I might get Iceman, I might not. It's hard to justify spending any more money, but I want to keep this book in print.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I still think they would be smart to stagger the relaunches. Given that, if there are books starting in October, great, but other books could get another whole arc before relaunching in December or even January if they wanted to.
    Agreed. It's not just readers who have limited budgets. Retailers have to be able to order these books first. That's probably hard to do if you have 20 new #1s in a month particularly since Marvel doesn't offer returnability. It's going to be easier for retailers to order if Marvel staggers releases so they don't have too many risky books in a given month.

Getting:
    GENERATIONS: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
    SECRET EMPIRE OMEGA #1
    MARVEL LEGACY #1 YOUNG VARIANT
    RUNAWAYS #1 YOUNG VARIANT
    JOURNEY TO STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI - CAPTAIN PHASMA #1 YOUNG VARIANT

Tentative:
    DEFENDERS #5
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #3
    JEAN GREY VOL. 1: NIGHTMARE FUEL TPB
    SECRET WARRIORS VOL. 1: SECRET EMPIRE TPB

I'm in two minds whether I should keep getting Marvel floppies or if I should just switch to TPB which is my preferred format. It's croc that the onus of keeping books "alive" falls solely on periodical preorders when it's the publishers who should be trying to reach customers by catering to the customers' reading format preferences.

For the non-ratio variants, I really do wish Marvel would just make them open to order with no gating. Kinda annoying that I have to get some variants through Midtown, pay higher prices and incur additional shipping because of their weird algebraic percentage incentive requirements.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I really, really hope that we're not looking at the end of the Spider-Man: RYV series here.

(Esp. given that if it ends at 11 or twelve, I doubt the last issues will get a trade paperback release; the second trades volume only goes up to 10.)

They usually add those last issues to the end of the trade if it gets cancelled one or two issues into what should be the next one, for example Great Lakes Avengers had an extra issue added to the TPB because it was cancelled at #7. If it gets cancelled after three issues into a trade, they use some sort of filler to make it up to four or five issues - Mockingbird vol 2 had two Bendis New Avengers issues in it, and Mosaic vol 2 had the Uncanny Inhumans issue in it that he debuted in. Those two books were both axed at issue 8.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    They always stagger these fall relaunches. Legacy will be rolling out well into 2018.

All New Guardians of the Galaxy #9-10
    Astonishing X-Men #3
    Defenders #5
    Marvel Legacy #1
    X-Men Blue #11-12

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wow. this is what legacy has to offer? kind of underwhelming.
    Well, it doesn't seem like it has properly started yet. I believe Marvel Legacy #1 will be just a taste of what's to come in October. The last two new editorial lines (ANAD Marvel, Marvel NOW! 2.0) began during that month as well. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people will be underwhelmed either way, because I don't think this was ever supposed to be the big Rebirth-like relaunch some people are probably expecting it to be. I can see them bringing some stuff back to lure old readers and that's it.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I really, really hope that we're not looking at the end of the Spider-Man: RYV series here.

(Esp. given that if it ends at 11 or twelve, I doubt the last issues will get a trade paperback release; the second trades volume only goes up to 10.)
    They will cram in last issues to a trade if they have to. I would be disappointed as well. But if it ends, better have a good conclusion. I am also thankfull that Spider-Verse is recent, so they won't repeat it anytime soon either. (MC2 )

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cancelled, it would seem. We'll know for sure when the October solicits come out. Those are going to be VERY interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Wait what so they renumber Ultimates to #100 for August just to end it there? That sure explains the double size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Well ultimates being absent from the September solitications explains why royals is releasing issues 7 and 8 both in September.

I really hope medusa ends up kissing Maximus lol.
    It seems like ewing is taking a break from ultimates 2 in september because royals is coming out twice.
    For august ultimates 2 is having more pages as well.
    They just renumbered it,so i don't think it's cancelled either.
    We will see in next month however.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-21-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

In spite of this new character that is nothing like the Ben Reilly I'm a fan of, they keep coming up with reasons that keep me coming back to the Scarlet Spider book, first a decently portrayed Kaine, and now the Slingers, if we could get back the real Ben with this art & writing team and these guest stars this book could become a favorite
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"