Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I predict it will be awful, wasting slots on things like Gwenpool, Moon Girl and two titles for every movie characters and their legacies while leaving entire corners of the MU in the limbo.
    Totally agree. I have been buying Image and now Aftershock more than Marvel anyway.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sooo this comment's screaming to me that you haven't actually read either book. Like most of the complainers on here.
    Didn't you hear? Odinson was going to get his hammer back, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Scott Summers were all going to come back to life, and the Fantastic Four were going to have a book again, but then Marvel decided to cancel out all of that to give Moon Girl a book instead. True story.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 06-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Didn't you hear? Odinson was going to get his hammer back, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Scott Summers were all going to come back to life, and the Fantastic Four were going to have a book again, but then Marvel decided to cancel out all of that to give Moon Girl a book instead. True story.
    And the O5 were being sent back home, Steve Rogers was going to become Captain America while Sam Wilson becomes Falcon, and Tony Stark was going to wake up but those evil Marvel shills gave Gwenpool a book which tore apart all their plans for Marvel Rebirth!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Uncanny x men should return, no matter what has to be done
    Who should write it? I fully believe Al Ewing should. If not him, maybe Gerry Duggan or Marjorie Liu. We already know the former can't do it but I can dream. Art team should be A-list.
    Just rename X-Men Gold to Uncanny X-Men. It feels like Uncanny anyway, so just call it that.

Then rename X-Men Blue to just X-Men.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Pretty much the same comics now but less.

Astonishing Member

Sooo this comment's screaming to me that you haven't actually read either book. Like most of the complainers on here.
    Or maybe some people just don't like those books especially if their not the target audience

but if people do actively dislike what they don't know that's not playing fair

Of course you can judge if the style of book isn't for you from solicits etc after all isn't that their purpose?

well besides feign adverts I mean

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I predict it will be awful, wasting slots on things like Gwenpool, Moon Girl and two titles for every movie characters and their legacies while leaving entire corners of the MU in the limbo.
    I hope they do, cus I have been loving Gwenpool, and my niece adores Moon Girl.

(well, I don't hope they leave characters in limbo, but one of the things i fear is that they turn their back on people who actually HAVE been enjoying what they have been putting out, in favor of pandering to crotchety old fans who will never be pleased)

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Or maybe some people just don't like those books especially if their not the target audience

but if people do actively dislike what they don't know that's not playing fair

Of course you can judge if the style of book isn't for you from solicits etc after all isn't that their purpose?

well besides feign adverts I mean
    I read issue one of Moon Girl and hated it. Thought Lunella was a huge brat.
    And I have no interest in Spider-Gwen or Gwenpool cuz I think Gwen Stacey is highly overrated.

I can see why people would like those books but they just ain't for me.
    Most stuff Marvel has been putting out lately just ain't for me, lol
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I read issue one of Moon Girl and hated it. Thought Lunella was a huge brat.
    And I have no interest in Spider-Gwen or Gwenpool cuz I think Gwen Stacey is highly overrated.

I can see why people would like those books but they just ain't for me.
    Most stuff Marvel has been putting out lately just ain't for me, lol
    See, this is why you should not judge based on assumptions. That you don't like Moon Girl is fine, since you gave it a chance, and it's fair if it's not for you (it is obviously directed at a younger audience, so it won't appeal to all, but younger readers deserve an entryway into the Marvel Universe too, so I think that it should remain around)

but, just fyi. Gwenpool is NOT about Gwen Stacy. Her name is Gwen Poole. The only connection she has to the whole Spider-man corner of things is a (very reluctant on his part) team up of sorts with Miles Morales. And as for the Deadpool thing, that was due to a misunderstanding when she got her costume made. She actually hates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    but, just fyi. Gwenpool is NOT about Gwen Stacy. Her name is Gwen Poole. The only connection she has to the whole Spider-man corner of things is a (very reluctant on his part) team up of sorts with Miles Morales.
    And that she was born out of a Gwen Stacy variant cover .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that she was born out of a Gwen Stacy variant cover .
    Yeah, but the point still stands. They don't read Gwenpool because they assumed it was about Gwen Stacy, but that assumption was incorrect. The creators took the popularity of a bit of cosplay spawned by that cover and actually did something creative with it, creating a brand new character and a fun book, rather than just taking the lazy way out and doing 'Gwen Stacy, but Deadpool', the fact that it was initially inspired in a roundabout way by the unexpected popularity of that costume doesn't change that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, but the point still stands. They don't read Gwenpool because they assumed it was about Gwen Stacy, but that assumption was incorrect. The creators took the popularity of a bit of cosplay spawned by that cover and actually did something creative with it, creating a brand new character and a fun book, rather than just taking the lazy way out and doing 'Gwen Stacy, but Deadpool', the fact that it was initially inspired in a roundabout way by the unexpected popularity of that costume doesn't change that.
    Yeah, I'd definitely say Gwenpool has been the biggest surprise for how good it turned out from the ANAD relaunch.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I'm not sure about what the lineup will be but what I do suspect is Carol's haters will continue to be Carol haters in that they'll continue to get offended by marvel's push of Carol Danvers as captain marvel as their female flagship superhero and the haters will continue to proclaim marvel is shoving the character down their throats.

i really look forward to what marvel has in store for Carol going into legacy and I hope despite the hate from various readers that they'll continue to push and support the character as far as they can for as long as they can.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 06-21-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely say Gwenpool has been the biggest surprise for how good it turned out from the ANAD relaunch.
    It's sadly probably not going to last long though even though it'll be 21 issues in by September 21 if you count the zero issue but I fear it might end soon after since it's already selling poorly it's around the 16k range as of May.

I a lot of really great series are really struggling to sell such as u.s.avengers, royals, and the amazing Kate bishop hawkeye series and even ultimates 2 is selling terribly it's really sad to see.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's sadly probably not going to last long though even though it'll be 21 issues in by September 21 if you count the zero issue but I fear it might end soon after since it's already selling poorly it's around the 16k range as of May.
    Given that the book will seemingly be part of Legacy it seems like it will last a bit longer at the very least.