Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Your predictions for the Marvel Legacy lineup

Personally I see it as follows

Captain America: starring Steve Rogers back in the role and the path to clearing his name
    The Falcon: starring Sam Wilson, though I think this may be a 2018 release as I think Sam will be the hero who retires after Secret Empire
    Captain Marvel: they'll give Carol yet another try, hoping the her movie appearances will inject some life, this series may explore her past more, maybe have her regain her memories and emotions
    Iron Man: starring a returned Tony Stark
    Maybe and Iron Heart ongoing or mini, she may just be part of the Iron Man supporting cast
    Amazing Spider-Man, with Spectacular and maybe some other satelite books
    I think Miles Morales will give the Arachnid code name a tryout, if it's not successful, they'll go back to Spider-Man, with the Ultimate legacy numbering
    Runaways is new it's not going anywhere
    Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, and Royals will probably all be folded in a unified Inhumans book
    U.S.Avengers will probably finish up and lead to a New Warriors and New Mutants series
    Deadpool business as usual, probably fewer minis
    Avengers: back with a more all-star and movie like lineup
    Thor: Jason AAron will finish up his story and it's back to Thor, with Jane Foster probably dead
    Not sure what will become of Doom, Johnny and Ben, as the remnants of the FF franchise, they'll probably float around as supporting characters till a proper FF revival is done
    Hulk: back with Banner, with a de-hulked Cho maybe in the supporting cast
    Hulk will probably revert to She-hulk with legacy numbering
    Venom will go on, especially with a movie upcoming
    Scarlet Spider and RYV probably finish up at issue 12
    Spider-Gwen and Gwenpoole will continue, though I'm sure Marvel will watch to see if the characters were both just passing fads
    Spider-Man/Deadpool will probably continue and be it's own thing, not beholden to what's going in the rest of the line
    Ms Marvel will probably join Squirrel Girl, and Moon Girl as books that occupy their own little corner of the mu
    Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Punisher, and Defenders will probably all get some legacy numbering
    Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy will get some legacy numbering and no more spin-offs
    America, Nick Fury, and Thanos probably headed for cancellation land
    Champions with some Legacy numbering, Black Widow joining the cast, and most of the new characters, since they seem to want to brand Champions as the catchall for the young characters.
    Hawkeye maybe relaunched with legacy numbering and a more equal partnership and characterization, less Clint Barton incompetent boob and Kate Bishop manic pixie dreamgirl
    X-Men Blue,Gold, and Astonishing will probably eventually be pared down to Uncanny and Adjectiveless with legacy numbering, wait for 2018 for that though
    All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, and Weapon will depend on probably the 2018 return of Wolverine, Probably end up with a Wolverine book, X-23, and X-Force, all with legacy numbering.
    Generation X will probably be replaced by the above mentioned New Mutants book, and Jean Grey, Iceman, and Cable will probably get 12-18 issue runs

As for down the line I'd say we'll see a Cloak and Dagger book, Moon Knight, and something with the horror characters.

I predict it will be awful, wasting slots on things like Gwenpool, Moon Girl and two titles for every movie characters and their legacies while leaving entire corners of the MU in the limbo.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Astonishing X-Men didn't even start yet. I highly doubt any of the 3 X-Men team books are gonna change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Astonishing X-Men didn't even start yet. I highly doubt any of the 3 X-Men team books are gonna change at all.
    Well, if this is another relaunch; then yes, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I predict it will be awful, wasting slots on things like Gwenpool, Moon Girl and two titles for every movie characters and their legacies while leaving entire corners of the MU in the limbo.
    Sooo this comment's screaming to me that you haven't actually read either book. Like most of the complainers on here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    but last relaunch (Marvel Now 2) was weak for Marvel.
    they didn't even relaunched Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan, Doc Strange when they gained new creative teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think it's gonna be like Marvel Now from last year. Like 1/3 of the books get relaunched or whatever and the rest goes on normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    but last relaunch (Marvel Now 2) was weak for Marvel.
    they didn't even relaunched Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan, Doc Strange when they gained new creative teams.
    Not sure about Logan or Avengers, but Strange's new team was on for the SE tie-in issues and the 25th issue is a "special". A Strange 21-24 SE tie-in would sell better than a mini series tie-in. I'd also expect Strange to get a legacy numbering fairly soon. I doubt Marvel is going to apply too many renumberings if Legacy is just around the corner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Not sure about Logan or Avengers, but Strange's new team was on for the SE tie-in issues and the 25th issue is a "special". A Strange 21-24 SE tie-in would sell better than a mini series tie-in. I'd also expect Strange to get a legacy numbering fairly soon. I doubt Marvel is going to apply too many renumberings if Legacy is just around the corner.
    Uncanny Avengers - 23, 24-25(SE TIE IN), 26-27
    Old Man Logan - without SE Tie In

I'd also expect Strange to get a legacy numbering fairly soon. I doubt Marvel is going to apply too many renumberings if Legacy is just around the corner.
    I agree.
    I also think that X-men books won't be affected by renumberings.

BANNED

Uncanny x men should return, no matter what has to be done

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Uncanny x men should return, no matter what has to be done
    Who should write it? I fully believe Al Ewing should. If not him, maybe Gerry Duggan or Marjorie Liu. We already know the former can't do it but I can dream. Art team should be A-list.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who should write it? I fully believe Al Ewing should. If not him, maybe Gerry Duggan or Marjorie Liu. We already know the former can't do it but I can dream. Art team should be A-list.
    Gerry Duggan or someone left field would be fantastic! I really like Al Ewing's ideas, but tend to lose interest in his books pretty quickly. He's definitely a writer I feel like I should like more. I may try to binge Ultimates to see if that experience is more favorable than the month-to-month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Ms Marvel will probably join Squirrel Girl, and Moon Girl as books that occupy their own little corner of the mu
    Out of curiosity, why would you think this to be a possibility? Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl I can see, but adding Squirrel Girl? One of these things is not like the others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I don't even know what they're doing these days, but I'd take Mike Carey, Christopher Yost or Christos Gage.

An Uncanny X-Men book should be a Marvel mainstay. I would reshuffle Gold and Astonishing, dispersing the most prominent mutants across the three titles (Uncanny, Gold and Astonishing).

If Astonishing is less of a team book and more of a revolving roster of character spotlights, then the characters there can easily be on other teams. A returned Jean Grey, Havok, Polaris, Beast, Banshee, Dani Moonstar and/or Husk could be divied up between the X-titles quite easily too.

I expect as we get closer to Legacy the additional RessurXion title we've been promised will be revealed. I'll be very surprised if it isn't Uncanny X-Men or New Mutants.

Additional? Surely that's already been revealed, and was Astonishing? Two were ANAD books, the other seven were announced together, and then Astonishing came later.