Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The only thing I can really believe is that there will be title consolidation. They'll probably do more traditional stuff like Captain America and the Falcon instead of the separate books, but they aren't so defeated that they'll really bring it all back to a classic status quo. Banner will still be dead, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which Cap, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, and Nova?
    Furthermore, which Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Isn't Bendis jewish? He wrote UXM for three years I think, and made the X-men more white than ever by bringing the 60s X-men from the past into the front center of the franchise.

Chris Claremont a straight white dude made the X-men one of the most diverse line-ups ever.
    Bendis is Jewish, and his run also did more to explore what it means to be in a marginalized group than pretty much any other X-writer has ever done.

Worth noting that Claremont's line-up was diverse in terms of nationality, but in terms of race? Nope. New Mutants was fairly racially diverse, launching with three POC. THen one was dropped early on and the book never really added any more POC under Claremont. But UXM? Yeah, for all the talk about how diverse it was, Storm was the only POC on the team until nearly the end of Claremont's tenure.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think assessing Claremont by head count isn't really taking a fair look at what he did, although it was there. I think diversifying the line was an uphill battle until Kamala, really, whose influence is probably the main part of why the last few years won't be lost to a light reboot.

Which Cap, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, and Nova?
    Originals. I want Sam to return to being the Falcon, but maybe with some blue accents and a star added to the red and white of his costume.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Greg Land will be banished to drawing Transformers comics.

always wanted to see Optimus Prime's o face

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I know that. Doesn't change the fact that she's still a cheap cash in on the recent popularity of Gwen Stacey.
    Her name is Gwen, she's a cute blond and like others have stated she's based off a variant which based off of a cosplay of Deadpool Gwen Stacey.

If people like it that's cool but I can't get into it. The art on her series cute tho. I'll give Gwenpool that.
    Yes the art is super fun. And the book is one of my favorites.

It's cool if you can't get into it though.

I've always got the vibe as she is a female teen deadpool, more than Gwen Stacy or Spider-Man side of the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My pretty controversial prediction... starting in the new year, Marvel is switching to a Netflix style format of instant entire story release with comics where stories will no longer be done as single issue releases but instead will get released in their entirety as arcs of a season or a half season in a collection graphic novel style. Thus giving both traditional on day readers and graphic novel waiters the same time frame. That is certainly something which would sizably change the way the comic industry works as that message suggests.
    As much as I would like to see this happen, it never will. Monthly single issue sales provide too many benefits for Marvel to abandon them.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Teams I'd like to see:

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Super-Hero Team) - Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hulk, Ant-Man, Spider-Man (Parker), and The Wasp
    S.H.I.E.L.D (Black Ops): Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Phil Coulson, Daisy Johnson, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Spider-Woman
    New Warriors (Young Heroes): Spider-Man (Morales), Ms. Marvel, Nova, Night Thrasher, Justice, Speedball, Namorita

The Uncanny X-Men (Super-Hero Team): Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Shadowcat, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel
    X-Force (Black Op/Dirty Team): Cable, Deadpool, Warpath, Domino, Sunfire, X-23, Bishop
    New Mutants (Young Heroes): Professor X, Canonball, Sunspot, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Jubiliee as faculty and assorted young mutants as students. This is the school book.

Fantastic - Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, Sue Richards, Johnny Storm, Franklin Richards, Valeria Richards as cosmic explorers - think lost in space.

Inhumans - Now on Counter Earth - with various sects fighting for control.
    Love a lot esp, them men teams and the avengers. My 5 books I want

Dr. Strange and the Midnight Sons by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey, and Kev Walker

* Dr. Strange
    * Moon Knight
    * Blade
    * Elsa Bloodstone
    * Scarlet Witch
    * Venom

The Fantastic Four by Morrison and Quitely

* Mr Fantastic
    * Sue Storm
    * Johnny Storm
    * Thing
    * She-Hulk

SHIELD

* Nick Fury
    * Dum Dum
    * Winter Soldier
    * Black Widow
    * Silver Sable
    * Falcon
    * Amadeus Cho

All-Star Squadron

* Captain America
    * Bucky
    * Black widow
    * Namor
    * Human Torch
    * Peggy Carter
    * Wasp
    * Ant-man

The Thunderbolts

* Hawkeye
    * Songbird
    * Moonstone
    * Nova
    * Beast
    * Fixer
    * Captain Marvel
    * Shuri
    * Shang Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    As much as I would like to see this happen, it never will. Monthly single issue sales provide too many benefits for Marvel to abandon them.
    U can do both.

The Wednesday warriors can get their Wolverine/xmen comics, say 45 titles

And u can do 96 page novels every 6 months. 30 titles

So every Wednesday, they drop 2 new 96 page books

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

1) Fantastic 4 (Ewing and Ribic, or Quietly)
    - Doom
    - Valeria
    - Johnny
    - Thing

The events of Ultimates^2 have resulted in Reed, Franklin and Susan have been lost within the folds of time and space. Valeria managed to escape due to her brother, and has come to Doom to help her find her family. So it'd be kinda of an exploration book, a return to their roots, but with the twist of Doom going on this journey to save Reed, just as Reed, and Val, saved him.

2) Ironman (Warren Ellis and Alex Maleev)
    - Stark
    - Maria Hill
    - Maya Hanson
    - Riri
    - Justin Hammer

The US government has seized all of Stark's technology, and has tasked Stark, as well as a group of the other listed characters, to systematically end the new arms race that is brewing in the criminal underworld, worldwide.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I think it's inevitable it will happen someday. The modern generation is too impatient to keep up with single issues these days and trying to figure out how everything connects up. Plus let's not forget that comics are now a small part of Marvel's overall profit for Disney, so it's possible they can begin to experiment at some point soon.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Love a lot esp, them men teams and the avengers. My 5 books I want

The Fantastic Four by Morrison and Quitely

* Mr Fantastic
    * Sue Storm
    * Johnny Storm
    * Thing
    * She-Hulk
    Morrison and Quietly would make me read a FF book in a heartbeat.

New Avengers line up. I think Marvel is aware that their Avengers title is underperforming. They might change the line up and honestly should. I never liked Spider-Man on a team and prefer his lone wolf adventures. I miss Hyperion and Thor on the same team. Or Marvel might just make the Avengers roster bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Furthermore, which Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man?
    Those three would obviously be Tony (Riri isn't Iron MAN, and Doom's story was already announced to be ending), Carol (Mar-Vell is dead) and Scott (he's the only one using the name right now - Eric is Black Ant, Hank is Ultron).

Those three would obviously be Tony (Riri isn't Iron MAN, and Doom's story was already announced to be ending), Carol (Mar-Vell is dead) and Scott (he's the only one using the name right now - Eric is Black Ant, Hank is Ultron).
    Right. I wouldn't mind if Hank comes back as Dr. Pym or Giant-Man. Malhotra can become the new Goliath, or get an original name like Monolith.

Also, as for Nova, Sam would stay Nova on New Warriors. Rich would make guest appearances in that book, but would possibly be the lead on a Nova solo or Nova Corps book.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-23-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum