Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, this one's a lot of fun. I like the action/drama balance Grace has got going with this book. Bobby's not getting flustered by the superhero stuff; he's more than competent when it comes to the thrilling heroics bits. It's the emotional landmines that keep putting him off balance.
    Yeah, his ice slide for the jet, giant snowball cushion, and army of snowmen were nice feats to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not quite sure how any of that is supposed to be a defense of Miss Pryde. I mean, f we're going to talk about Bobby scaring her off, the whole Ice-Pocalypse was probably a bigger deal than Bobby and Hank being extra-obnoxious about what they saw as betrayal by one of the other 05.
    Lol I guess that contributed too. It's so hard to remember that Frozen had occurred just a little before the break-up because no other title bothered to acknowledge its existence.

I actually love the idea of him meeting up with Mystique hiding as some male. Adds to their relationship dynamic, which frankly was bizarre to begin with. It also nods to Mystique's sexuality, relationship with Destiny, and Claremont's idea that Mystique was Nightcrawler's father.

I enjoyed this issue. This series is pretty straight forward, but a lot of fun. I don't mind the pacing, but I do wish there was a bit of a supporting cast and not guest star of the week; as well as an overarching story arc.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I liked it, but things were really a bit "err..." with Kitty. I guess that was mostly just to touch on the subject of his ex-girlfriends, felt a little weak for me but I guess it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I actually love the idea of him meeting up with Mystique hiding as some male. Adds to their relationship dynamic, which frankly was bizarre to begin with. It also nods to Mystique's sexuality, relationship with Destiny, and Claremont's idea that Mystique was Nightcrawler's father.

I enjoyed this issue. This series is pretty straight forward, but a lot of fun. I don't mind the pacing, but I do wish there was a bit of a supporting cast and not guest star of the week; as well as an overarching story arc.
    Hm how does Mystique pretending to be a man to troll Bobby nods to her bisexuality and relationship with Destiny? That would be completely horrible for Bobby, and kinda gross. He didn't even had anything with an actual guy yet, just... No.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Solid issue. Kitty came off as well as she could considering the circumstances, and really, to find out from Goldballs would be pretty embarrassing. Would have been nice if Grace had been allowed to out Kitty as well, or at least hint that she's not entirely straight. NGL, I would have preferred to see Lorna pop up to represent for the ex-gfs, but I get why Kitty would be more relevant and or available. When Zach referred to his "moms" early in the issue I thought he might have two, but from later in the issue it seems like it was just slang. Seems early to have a fill-in artist on the second issue, but Salazar and Roberson's styles complimented each other very well, to the point that I didn't even realize at first that there were two artists. Their style was also very similar to Vitti's, whose work is fine, although I would like to see an artist whose style is a bit more expressive and animated on the series. The colors were also very dark and muddy throughout the issue, didn't really like that.

Actually, now that I'm looking around, online previews seem to say that Vitti penciled the book, were the credits wrong?

From the online previews it also seems like there may have been a problem with the printers on my store's batch of floppies because the colors are much brighter in digital images, bummer.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-21-2017 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Hm how does Mystique pretending to be a man to troll Bobby nods to her bisexuality and relationship with Destiny? That would be completely horrible for Bobby, and kinda gross. He didn't even had anything with an actual guy yet, just... No.
    It would be hilarious.

I love how young Bobby has the cool boyfriend, is actually funny, and is relatively together as a person. Old Bobby is a frustrated virgin, makes corny jokes, and is a complete mess.

They should conclude this series with Old Bob murdering Young Bob in an envious rage. Is it wrong to kill another version of yourself? I feel like it shouldn't be. I mean, imagine living in the same place with a younger, better version of you. That would drive anyone crazy.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

So, there's a review up at Comicosity.

http://www.comicosity.com/review-iceman-2/

The reviewer took issue with the line "ninja, please". I had never heard the phrase before, so it didn't occur to me that its use may be potentially offensive to AA readers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

The reviewer took issue with the line "ninja, please". I had never heard the phrase before, so it didn't occur to me that its use may be potentially offensive to AA readers.
    We're in an age we're people are offended by everything. Even things that aren't there. He's physically fighting a mob, so of course he'd make a corny ninja joke.

Also, his whole speech about Kitty being bad because she encourages minorities to not lose hope in their families? Ugh. The author of that is projecting his own issues on Bobby. Yeah, let's all write off anyone who is well meaning but ignorant. Ugh.

And Kitty isn't allowed to feel weird her ex is gay and never told her? Guess those women who are lied to by closeted boyfriends/husbands are the ones in the wrong. Kitty is definitely allowed to feel hurt. She handled it well.

That author is trying really hard to come off as "woke".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

I agree with Kitty being patronizing, but the 'Ninja, please' stuff is nonsense. Kitty is a literal ninja(remember the Wolverine and Kitty Pryde mini?). Bobby was making a pun. Now, if the author was using the AA vernacular, okay, but I'm not convinced he was.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-21-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    We're in an age we're people are offended by everything. Even things that aren't there. He's physically fighting a mob, so of course he'd make a corny ninja joke.

Also, his whole speech about Kitty being bad because she encourages minorities to not lose hope in their families? Ugh. The author of that is projecting his own issues on Bobby. Yeah, let's all write off anyone who is well meaning but ignorant. Ugh.

And Kitty isn't allowed to feel weird her ex is gay and never told her? Guess those women who are lied to by closeted boyfriends/husbands are the ones in the wrong. Kitty is definitely allowed to feel hurt. She handled it well.

That author is trying really hard to come off as "woke".
    We aren't in an age when everyone gets offended.
    We're in an age when everyone gets to make their opinions public.
    People have been getting offended / butthurt / or legit pissed for eons.
    We're just all monumentally AWARE of it now, thanks to modern technology.
    Its always been there. We just weren't exposed.

Also, we ought not take any story or character-vantage-point we read as BE ALL END ALL UNDENIABLE ALL TIME TRUTH FOREVER.
    Its simply the vantage point of an individual.
    I often see folks criticize how a character is written, arguing that the author has a specific agenda, but that's not always the case. This may just be the direction and/or journey that the author feels applies to this character and given his background and life experiences.
    We aren't necessarily to take his opinion/behavior as RIGHT or CORRECT -- because that's not how people are. No one person is 100% at all times. This is simply how THIS character is acting.
    Just like the controversy of Alex and Wanda over in Uncanny Avengers from years past. So much hate and vitriol -- but its ONE (or two) voices amidst a sea of characters. Those voices are not the SOLE representatives of whole communities or cultures anymore than anyone else in this world. They were just giving THEIR perspective.

Everyone is unique and is going to have a unique attitude based on any number of factors.
    It doesn't mean whatever they do or say is something everyone will agree with or that we should, even.
    Just like Kitty's feelings on THIS issue, or her feelings about Havok's speech back then. Or Bobby's unique world view on family dynamics, etc.

Fun issue.
    >I actually laughed a few times. Nice dialogue with some fun meta elements.
    >I was a bit thrown by '4 hour trip' then 'Soon'.
    >Nice art, too. I enjoyed Salazar and Roberson far more than Vitti.
    >Kitty... Oh, honey. It's not always about you, honey.
    >Bobby's little shoes look ridiculous but I guess they make sense.

Favourite panels...
    i1.jpg
    i3.jpg
    i4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I take Daken more as a Scruff type... He'd probably murder all the pretty boys on Grinder haha.
    Daken's definitely a Recon kinda guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This is amazing. This is the best series to come out of this era.

The writer really gets Bobby's character (and Kitty's too). I can't wait to see where this goes.
    Possibly the best Iceman has been written since Liu's Icegod arc.

This was nice, not as good as the first issue and I wish it was more focused around Kitty and Bobby than the new mutant, but still good. Art was a bit inconsistent but that's bound to happen when two artists work on a single issue.

So what is the current faculty for the school at this point?

I'm pretty sure the core Gold members are also serving as teachers, on-top of Kitty as Headmistress, and we have Jubilee too in Generation X, but we've seen Beast pop up and Bobby's teaching classes here too.

Dangit this book is sucking me back in. It was good. Except for the shadowcat parts.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 06-21-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.