Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Aquaman's been almost consistently great since The New 52 started, so it's not a revival. But I guess you could say Sejic's mind-blowing artwork has brought new lease of life to the book.
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 06-22-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Parker's pretty hit-or-miss for me, and what I tried of his Aquaman was a miss for me personally; Johns' run is full-on garbage from top to bottom other than the art. This, I actually care about.
    Hmm, I'm surprised you're not a Jeff Parker fan too!

Astonishing Member

Parker's problem was imo that he relied too much on various monsters of the week as potential enemies for Aquaman and was kicked off the book for Bunn when he just got started with his storyline with Atlanna and Pacifica.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I just want to say I really liked the issue. The artwork is great and the story. while familiar was enjoyable.

The Aquaman renaissance shows no signs of slowing down

Nah, Aquaman book was good since The New 52. Some arcs were amazing, some were just ok, but it was never bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Nah, Aquaman book was good since The New 52. Some arcs were amazing, some were just ok, but it was never bad.
    Agreed. Aquaman has been doing fine since new 52. The best the character has been since PAD's run. I will say it has given it a boost though, and will probably attract some non aqua readers, who hopefully become permanent fans.

i hope sejic is ok. that's awful to hear he has fallen ill

In my eyes, yes.

I've never been a big Aquaman fan, but I've always seen the potential, and this is pretty much always what I wanted for Aquaman (and more specifically, Atlantis). Great art (imo), with brilliant, diverse designs for Atlantis and all its underwater denizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Manda-Panda View Post
    Sejic has been, and as far as I know, still is very ill. He has mentioned on his social media that his minimal work with DC recently has not been because they were not asking, but because he was not able to commit. Hopefully that has changed.
    I was not aware Mr. Sejic was ill. I hope he's feeling better .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Parker's problem was imo that he relied too much on various monsters of the week as potential enemies for Aquaman and was kicked off the book for Bunn when he just got started with his storyline with Atlanna and Pacifica.
    Those were some fun monsters-of-the-week though .

I'll be collecting the book again.it's been awhile for me since I've collected AQUAMAN and we're getting a new version of DOLPHIN too.oh yeahhhhhh.

"Revive" is definitely not the right word here.
    that said I dont think Aquaman was good before this change. It just felt like it didnt have a solid ground anymore after Johns left and then it just keep changing to see how can it recover said groud and it just ended up mudding it.
    I think the issue was great and it really presents a very solid foundation of what can happen in the book but my biggest fear when something like this happens is that it doesnt stick.

before when Johns "REVIVED", and here is where I would use the word properly on more ways than one, Aquaman he brought along all these things with Brightest Day, only to be just completely be blown apart by the relaunch of the new 52
    but ok, Johns relaunched the book
    first Johns introduced The Other League and the special artifacts, nw it seems that they are not important anymore
    after that the book just didnt seem to have an idea of what to do.
    remember when Aquaman had powers given by Poseidon? what happen to that?
    then Aquaman slept with Siren which I completely thought was going to lead to a new Arthur Jr be back, but nothing happen with that.
    then the book went to this weird political plot about the wedding that also alluded Mera doing something important in the book. AND NOTHING HAPPEN.

But ok, these things happen in comics
    Maybe the Others will be back one day
    Maybe Siren will be back and maybe with a baby.
    Maybe whatever Mera's profecy will play a part in this book but the point that im trying to make of what is the biggest problem with the book is that it lacks focus and retention of its ideas regarless of those beig good or bad.

When I read the book the thing that I loved the most(besides the art ofcourse) was seeing Tula, simply because I felt like is one of the few point of reference left that the book has now.
    Hopefully what the book will bring is just good old Conscistency, thats what Aquaman needs not a revival.

Spectacular Member

The book was already fantastic but he's certainly adding to that. I'm glad to see people talking about the book more.

I read the Aquaman #25 previews in Super Sons #5 and ended up buying the issue. It's gorgeous. Why doesn't DC include comic previews in other titles more often in-lieu of their house ads?
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

This book was flipping gorgeous.
    Loved the lowtown in madripoor feel to the 9th Tride.

Hmm, I don't know if "revived" is the right word, since it's been revived since the new 52.

More like it's been injected with steroids. The new artwork literally amps the comic up to a new level.

To me, it has a very Game of Thrones feel to it now. I'm loving it!
    WHO DAT?!!