Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retired

Never said Lois was a Mary Sue. Said Steve wasn't. And given the way that Steve Trevor has been mishandled repeatedly, for him to leave such a strong impression is something I never thought I'd witness in my lifetime. Lois just can't make that kind of impression--because she's been played by so many great actresses that it's really hard to show us something we haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I have a huge crush on Amy Adams, so stopped reading the OP pretty quickly.
    Same. Pretty much stopped at the first sentence

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Erica Durance was perfect. A shame that Smallville was so blé most of the time.
    She was a definite Lois to me. Amy seems like a miscast but I like her still.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

You're not entirely alone, TC, although I think your disdain for her part in the films goes a fair amount beyond my own. My main beef is that while I like Amy Adams well enough, I still think she was poorly cast for the role. Don't get me wrong; she's an attractive, decent enough actress, but she just doesn't project "Lois" to me.

I also agree that she was shoehorned into a lot more of Man of Steel than she needed to be. Especially on the plane during its bomb run. Completely nonsensical.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Extraordinary Member

Being an intrepid, fearless reporter is just part of who Lois is. That's what makes her one of the strongest female characters in comics and the DCU. Its also what makes her an equal to Clark. Why would anyone be mad about her being who she is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Amy Adams is an Oscar-winning actress. She's too good for this dreck.
    Small nitpick, I know, but Amy Adams actually hasn't won an Oscar....yet. She has been nominated a bunch of times, though, and is one of the few A-list actors in Hollywood that people can't believe hasn't won one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And for my side, Amy Adams in MOS proved the worth in the character and is the best depiction of the character outside of the comics. Older versions tend to focus on Lois being a damsel in distress and a love interest, aka the Silver Age portrayal, and I find that boring. MOS Lois got to actually contribute to the plot via agency, and quite frankly more writers need to realize that the reporter part of Lois and Clark makes a perfect exposition and mystery vehicle.
    I think Amy Adams is a terrific actress who does a great and underrated job as Lois, but I think there have been other live-action and animated takes on the character that are truer depiction's Lois' personality and dynamic with Clark compared to the DCEU.

I felt like the OP after the theatrical release of BvS where she was just kind of in the way the whole time. After Arrival however, I gained a lot of respect for Amy Adams as an actor, and the director's cut of BvS provided scenes that developed Lois's story by embellishing her investigation subplot. I now very much like the DCEU Lois Lane.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I admire the diplomacy of not putting this in the Superman thread.
    Unfortunately, it still belongs over there. As for Amy Adams, I think she's fine (in a number of ways ), but Erica Durance is my favorite Lois.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Amy Adams elevates BvS from not-watchable to very-watchable. She's one of those actresses that can make anything seem captivating and truthful. 'The Fighter' is one of my favorite flicks for this reason.

As Lois Lane she's a dreamcast. I just wish the film met her at least halfway in terms of quality.
    Amy Adams and Jesse Eisenberg are the worst parts of BvS

Lois Lane in the comics is great but on the big screen not so much.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    i agree with that, and also with that lois lane is in the comics great. I had the feeling that Lex was like the type of guy that is trying be a little joker with all the paranoid way he did try to act in the movie. From the comics he is a different person, because hes more like the evil boss, in the movie he was more like the evil rich joker somehow

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

btw. i think she will die in the next movies
    I see a lot of criticism about why Lois kept showing up in crucial scenes in MoS. Here's my take:

1) Zod wanted her because she's the one who wrote the story about the guy. He wanted to know what she knew about him. It's a simple leverage play.
    2) The US military took her with them because she's the only one who was there to get direct instructions on how to use the Kryptonian tech.

This is one of the reasons why I feel MoS gets undue criticism sometimes. I'm as negative as anyone on superhero girlfriends, and would like to see them less, but if there's any girlfriend who should be held to a different standard it should be Lois. Furthermore, her abundant presence in the movie is reasonable.

I think you're being too harsh on looks. Just saying.

Now that said, I do wonder how many more movies Amy Adams will do. I get the impression that a lot of the MoS actors are not getting the roles they were expecting, and probably won't want to continue if they keep getting bit parts like in BvS.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    Amy Adams is the best part of BvS.

Not only is she flawless to look at but she's most likely the best actor in the film (Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are barely in it).

Cavill isn't bad but he is very wooden in BvS since has absolutely nothing to work with. He'd make a great Superman with good writing.

I agree Eisenberg was the worst part of BvS though. I felt like that was really bad writing AND very bad acting.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-22-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Being mad because most important supporting character in Superman mythos got equally and well placed role in an origin movie about Man of Steel? Wow. Just wow. You really can see everything on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    i agree with that, and also with that lois lane is in the comics great. I had the feeling that Lex was like the type of guy that is trying be a little joker with all the paranoid way he did try to act in the movie. From the comics he is a different person, because hes more like the evil boss, in the movie he was more like the evil rich joker somehow
    Considering what the Joker is like in the DCEU I don't see Lex as doing a Joker impersonation. Lex wasn't paranoid at all in the movie hell he had everything under control that's why he had the out burst at the party, it's like knowing the greatest secret in the world and being unable to tell it, shit would piss you off a little. Lex's secret is that he has all the knowledge.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 06-22-2017 at 04:02 PM.