Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not quite as enthralled with Adams' Lois Lane as I think I should be (love the actress' body of work), I don't think I come anywhere close to hating or even really disliking her take. I think she, like Cavil's Clark/Superman, feel kind of stilted (her less so) at times to me. That's about the biggest criticism I feel I can throw at her take, and part of that is direction, so take that for what you will.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think dceu Lois is ok. But her character suffers from some of the same problems as a lot of other superhero movie love interests, in that the romance is a bit rushed and there's not as much chemistry as there should be (kinda blame Superman more for that, who's so far been a charisma vacuum). But the bits where we see her as a reporter are pretty decently done. And she's a lot better in BvS than in MoS. Overall she fared much better than most of the superverse characters, Lex, the Kents, Jimmy (lmao).
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-22-2017 at 05:50 PM.

@ riddlingBat

No You're not the only one. I agree with you totally and I know others who do too. You're not alone

I'm with on both accounts bro on her character being annoying and Amy not being all that hot (good actress though)

All-New Member

OP, you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

btw. i think she will die in the next movies
    I don't hate Amy Adams feel in love with her in Enchanted but MOS and BvS made me dislike her so much couldn't even go see Arrival and was mostly angry watching Nocturnal Animals.

Not a fan of Lois Lane. She takes up screen time and only ever serves as a damsel or crazy person who tosses herself off of buildings to prove a point however in BvS she not only served no purpose but made things worse by tossing that spear away and being unable to retrieve it thereby again being a damsel. Way to earn that Pulitzer Lois.

Oh sorry tossing her off the roof did bring Sups to Lex so that's something. Shame Clark isn't as tuned in to his mother as he is with Lois cos that would have saved so much aggro.
    The actress is fine the character is the issue for me.

Damn it Lois Lane ruined Amy for me.

Retired

I think Lois Lane has a lot of potential as an independent character, if she was just allowed to stand on her own out of the shadow of her male counterpart, the way other DC women have. But too often she's only shown in reltation to Superman/Clark which gives one the impression that's all she's good for.

With someone like Amy Adams as a star, I would have given Lois her own movie in between the events of BVS and the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE. A stand alone Lois Lane movie could have been done for a lot less money, with an investigative reporter script--and not trying to make Lois look like Super-Reporter. At the same time, such a movie would have established the background characters in Metropolis and given us a better understanding of how the DC movie world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    I'm with on both accounts bro on her character being annoying and Amy not being all that hot.
    I prefer this Lois not being as glamorous as past versions. Funnily enough, though, there's a line in the MOS novelization, describing her as having "striking good looks", which I thought was a better description of regular comic Lois than DCEU (Not that I want to be shallow. Mark my words, I am not what you call physically attractive). Now, I've nothing against a 'hot' Lois, but I like the idea that she doesn't have to be drop-dead beautiful to be the Daily Planet's star reporter. Not to mention that it also makes her more of a contrast to Cat Grant.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 06-28-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Retired

I've just been reading "Superman's Romance wih Lana Lane" in SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE No. 41 (May '63). The Grand Comics Database attiributes this story to Jerry Siegel, Curt Swan and George Klein, yet there are some panels with a Kurt Schaffenberger touch. The premise of the story is not any more weird than a lot of other stories from the '60s, but it is incredible how frank Superman is when he immediately falls in love with Lana Lane--who is a fused version of Lois and Lana--and insists on marrying her. She seems to have all of their best qualities (and none of their worst?).

There was never that much difference between Lana and Lois to begin with and Lana Lane has red hair a la Lana Lang but styled in that weird bob a la Shaffenberger's Lois Lane. In those comics, Lana always seemed more sexy and sultry than Lois. One could see that Superman was attracted to Lana because she was exotic (those years travelling abroad must have given her an air of mystery), while Lois was more conventional--the woman he saw at the office every day.

Amy Adams with her red hair looks like she should be Lana Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't hate Amy Adams feel in love with her in Enchanted but MOS and BvS made me dislike her so much couldn't even go see Arrival and was mostly angry watching Nocturnal Animals.

Not a fan of Lois Lane. She takes up screen time and only ever serves as a damsel or crazy person who tosses herself off of buildings to prove a point however in BvS she not only served no purpose but made things worse by tossing that spear away and being unable to retrieve it thereby again being a damsel. Way to earn that Pulitzer Lois.

Oh sorry tossing her off the roof did bring Sups to Lex so that's something. Shame Clark isn't as tuned in to his mother as he is with Lois cos that would have saved so much aggro.
    The actress is fine the character is the issue for me.

Damn it Lois Lane ruined Amy for me.
    Lois' investigation into Lex Luthor cleared Superman's name, put Luthor in jail, and cleared Wallace Keefe of any suspicion that he purposefully blew up the Capitol. The spear? Superman and Batman had gotten distracted by their battle with Doomsday, which wouldn't have stopped without the spear, so Lois was left as the only one still focused on the more important goal: getting the spear. She didn't know that the building would collapse on her, and it was smart and brave of her to try. Then, because she did, Superman refocused on the spear, which was key to killing Doomsday, and he went to retrieve it. Notice how when he went to get it, he also nearly drowned. If Lois hadn't pulled him the rest of the way out and thrown the spear a good distance to give him some time to recover, he would have died and no one would have gotten the spear.

Clark isn't as tuned into Martha, because as the movie makes clear, he has to focus on certain things because otherwise he'd hear everything all at once. He prioritizes. He prioritizes Lois, not because he loves her more than Martha, but because she's in more danger. Lois and Superman have a known public connection, and Lois is a daring reporter. Martha Kent isn't known to be connected to Superman in any way. She lives in a small town on a farm where she occasionally waits tables. It makes perfect sense that Superman would be more alert about Lois than Martha.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    The spear? Superman and Batman had gotten distracted by their battle with Doomsday, which wouldn't have stopped without the spear, so Lois was left as the only one still focused on the more important goal: getting the spear. .
    Yeah she was focused on getting the spear because she was the one throwing that away smh. some can argue that she did throw it away because she wanted that it gets away from clark, but that kryptonite spear is probably the most dangerous weapon someone can use against superman, and she decides to throw it there? Not good idea

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    He prioritizes Lois, not because he loves her more than Martha, but because she's in more danger.
    So when martha got kidnapped and was in great danger why couldnt sups find her? as at the same time lois was completely safe?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think Lois Lane has a lot of potential as an independent character, if she was just allowed to stand on her own out of the shadow of her male counterpart, the way other DC women have. But too often she's only shown in reltation to Superman/Clark which gives one the impression that's all she's good for.

With someone like Amy Adams as a star, I would have given Lois her own movie in between the events of BVS and the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE. A stand alone Lois Lane movie could have been done for a lot less money, with an investigative reporter script--and not trying to make Lois look like Super-Reporter. At the same time, such a movie would have established the background characters in Metropolis and given us a better understanding of how the DC movie world works.
    i cant imagine something like this happening in the dc universe... even thinking about a solo lois lane movie makes my stomach feel bad

Honestly the DCEU problem ain't just supporting cast but it's main character. I dislike the DCEU Superman more than any character. I always hear people saying Cavill is the second best live action version of Superman to which I say 'How????'. Dude doesn't even have a personality. Is it because he's charming in real life and could play a more charismatic Superman? Well with a good director/writer, Clooney would have been a badass Batman but no one gives him a pass. Idk I just feel people judge him on how he could be instead of what he is

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly the DCEU problem ain't just supporting cast but it's main character. I dislike the DCEU Superman more than any character. I always hear people saying Cavill is the second best live action version of Superman to which I say 'How????'. Dude doesn't even have a personality. Is it because he's charming in real life and could play a more charismatic Superman? Well with a good director/writer, Clooney would have been a badass Batman but no one gives him a pass. Idk I just feel people judge him on how he could be instead of what he is
    ^this
    I hate this "coulda, woulda, shoulda" defense when it comes to Cavill's Superman