Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly the DCEU problem ain't just supporting cast but it's main character. I dislike the DCEU Superman more than any character. I always hear people saying Cavill is the second best live action version of Superman to which I say 'How????'. Dude doesn't even have a personality. Is it because he's charming in real life and could play a more charismatic Superman? Well with a good director/writer, Clooney would have been a badass Batman but no one gives him a pass. Idk I just feel people judge him on how he could be instead of what he is
    Or people genuinely like him and don't see the issues you do. I mean, I'm sorry you don't like him but the people that do, it's got nothing to do with what he could be but what he is

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Or people genuinely like him and don't see the issues you do. I mean, I'm sorry you don't like him but the people that do, it's got nothing to do with what he could be but what he is
    We also fundamentally reject the "Superman has no personality" argument. He absolutely does have a personality. It's just a quieter, more introspective personality than previous Supermen. The guy was reading Plato when he was like twelve. He's a thinker. Thinkers tend to not be very expressive until and unless they have something to be expressive about.

Now, Cavill is going to bring his charm out more in future movies since Superman is supposed to be evolving into the Superman we know and love. Heck it may happen in Justice League. Coming back from the dead and suddenly finding himself surrounded by like-minded people who share his status as Earth's defender might be just the thing to bring him out of his shell more and give him a whole new lease on life.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Thinker? Yeah like boring Z list villain called Thinker.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-01-2017 at 08:20 PM.

I didn't watch Smallville too regularly, but ED's Lois was the best thing about Smallville. I really enjoy AA's Lois, though i thought the 'bathtub sex' in BvS might've been a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

btw. i think she will die in the next movies

Been there. Done that.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

So when martha got kidnapped and was in great danger why couldnt sups find her? as at the same time lois was completely safe?
    Zack Snyder revealed that there was a deleted scene from BvS, I guess because it would make people get even more all pissy-wissy about this sort of portrayal of Superman, where I think that scene should have been in the movie to add even more depth to this Superman. That scene would have been fair to look at. I don't see people complain about Superman not being present during other threats in titles of other characters, especially when those are of cosmic level, where he definitely could have help. He simply can't be everywhere at once.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Idk I just feel people judge him on how he could be instead of what he is
    So far every person who loves DCEU and its Superman I've met, they love Cavill's Superman only for good things and they cherish same qualities of the character as people love about comic book Superman. So sometimes I also question why other people can't do the same?

Why there is such a need for DCEU Superman to be Christopher Reeve 2.0? Why people want one thing to look exactly like the other? Why people want DCEU to be MCU 2.0? What is the point? Why not enjoy the variety of super hero movies that we have. where each and every single one of them can be unique in its own way without trying to repeat what already was and is out there? Why not appreciate already existent Christopher's Superman, but at the same time appreciating that someone offered a brand new look at the character in live action and brought new people to the character? Because there are people who got into Superman only thanks to Man of Steel and DCEU in general, but they love the character for the qualities of comic book Superman which are presented in DCEU. I don't understand why some people can't see it.

Hey everyone,
    i was wondering if im really the only one that gets so mad at lois lane in the movies that i already hate amy adams? In my opinion shes not even that hot but im not here to complain about this, but i think she gets a big part of the story that she actually doesnt deserve. When you see man of steel, we almost see half through the movie about 60% screen time and even after, it gets me mad that zods crew want her on the spaceship too!!!!??!!!! Not only that, but its so lame that shes doing the extreme reporter i dont know what to say its annoying for me. In BvS again the same crap, Lois Lane here and there asking this and that, wanting to find the truth blablablah. i hope im not the only one with this opinion

btw. i think she will die in the next movies
    So you want Lois only to be a damsel in distress? She is pretty good reporter and has an identity of her own. She has been that way long before Clark became Superman. Every time she showed up in the movies, she had deserved her place there. You can definitely have a different point of view, but disliking her for doing her job isn't fair in my opinion. I am not the biggest fan of Amy Adams' Lois, but I do find her beautiful and her work good. To me, Erica Durance is the best Lois Lane.

Yeah she was focused on getting the spear because she was the one throwing that away smh. some can argue that she did throw it away because she wanted that it gets away from clark, but that kryptonite spear is probably the most dangerous weapon someone can use against superman, and she decides to throw it there? Not good idea
    Don't see why not. The primary concern she had there was Clark's safety. She had seen what proximity to the spear could do to Clark, so obviously what Lois or everyone who care for Clark would do is to keep it away from him. Our emotional mind would often supersede rational mind when someone we love is in danger. You can't really blame her for not thinking about the ramifications it could have had if anyone had managed to get their hands on the spear.

Retired

Patty Jenkins references Donner SUPERMAN quite a bit and yet her WONDER WOMAN does a lot of the same things that the Cavill Superman has done. It's just that Jenkins structures her movie better---and maybe she had more control over the final edit. There are just a lot of things that you can do better to establish the point of view and the motivation. In fact, the Donner movie was not all sugary sweet either.

I just wish the movies were better lit. This is a problem even in WONDER WOMAN, where I have to strain my eyes to see what's going on in some night-time scenes. The worst was the Nolan movies, where he has a lot action scenes at night and I don't know what's happening, because the characters blend into the background. This is a failure of cinematography more than anything--it's possble to film in darkness and yet have the figures poip on the screen.

Another thing with Wonder Woman--now when I go back to look at her scenes from BVS, her costume is so dark--it's almost black not red. Unlike the costume in WW. That's one way that Diana pops on the screen in Jenkins' movie--likewise with Superman in Donner's movie. I know it's supposed to be cool to have such darkly coloured characters--but it would help Batman and Superman if there was more colour in their outfits, so you could actually see them on the movie screen.

i cant imagine something like this happening in the dc universe... even thinking about a solo lois lane movie makes my stomach feel bad

Don't feel sick dude. Lois Lane has about the same chances of becoming an independent character [not to even mention DC making a movie about her] as I have of suddenly sprouting wings becoming a dragon.

I know her fans see something in her but to the movie goer and the general audience Lois is that reporter who gets in the way of Superman being the best he can be because she is a walking talking danger and bad guy magnet.

So instead of Superman helping some genuine person in need like his mum or other people he spends his time forever saving Lois. That's what most people know about Lois. That's what DC puts in every movie and we've already seen that play over and over we don't need a more. It's annoying and boring.

I know you're sleeping with her but come on man that's your MOTHER and Batman has to save her? but Lois drops a pan and Superman is there faster than a speeding bullet to catch it before it hits the floor.

And people wonder why Batman is so popular and Superman is seen as a boring D**k. Maybe the cause is right there next to him draining the life force away from the franchise.

Utterly pointless and unlikable character who makes Superman less appealing though she did give us Jon so for that I am grateful.
    Some quick get Jon away before he surfers the same fate
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-03-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Don't feel sick dude. Lois Lane has about the same chances of becoming an independent character [not to even mention DC making a movie about her] as I have of suddenly sprouting wings becoming a dragon.

I know her fans see something in her but to the movie goer and the general audience Lois is that reporter who gets in the way of Superman being the best he can be because she is a walking talking danger and bad guy magnet.

So instead of Superman helping some genuine person in need like his mum or other people he spends his time forever saving Lois. That's what most people know about Lois. That's what DC puts in every movie and we've already seen that play over and over we don't need a more. It's annoying and boring.

I know you're sleeping with her but come on man that's your MOTHER and Batman has to save her? but Lois drops a pan and Superman is there faster than a speeding bullet to catch it before it hits the floor.

And people wonder why Batman is so popular and Superman is seen as a boring D**k. Maybe the cause is right there next to him draining the life force away from the franchise.

Utterly pointless and unlikable character who makes Superman less appealing though she did give us Jon so for that I am grateful.
    Some quick get Jon away before he surfers the same fate
    Lois does not stop Superman from being the best anymore than any other significant other or special person to a superhero. And the general audience's view on Lois isn't that negative

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Such levels of salt, lol. Can't wait to see your reactions when she is going to play a pivotal part in Superman's return in Justice League, because

Can't even bother to argue, because people clearly ignore the fact that she saved Superman in Man of Steel from being used as a codex on Zod's ship, teamed up with AI Jor-El and handled some headshots to kryptonians, but most importantly people seemed not to count emotional saving which Lois provides for Superman. She also saved him from being killed by Batman fearlessly jumping to protect Superman.

Hell, I can count literally only three times when Lois needed Superman's aid in MoS: on the ship after an injury from a drone, on the escape pod from Zod's ship, when she was falling down from the plane after it crashed and created a phantom zone vortex. Three times people count as constantly being damsel in distress. Same with BvS: in the desert, when she was falling from the rooftop, from the water during Doomsday fight. THREE TIMES per movie is MANY. I'm out of here.

All-New Member

i think you guys dont understand my point, i want go to the cinema see a superhero movie, that i get as much as possible from the hero and not another character. these movies were like man of steel and lois lane, and bvs and lois lane... iget what u try to say that shes important and stuff, but if we would get a batman movie where we see half of the time alfred or gordon instead of bats in action that would piss you off too!!!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

i think you guys dont understand my point, i want go to the cinema see a superhero movie, that i get as much as possible from the hero and not another character. these movies were like man of steel and lois lane, and bvs and lois lane... iget what u try to say that shes important and stuff, but if we would get a batman movie where we see half of the time alfred or gordon instead of bats in action that would piss you off too!!!
    I can name many Batman fans who would disagree with you. Batman fans love his supporting cast and usually don't mind seeing them featured prominently in his stories. Now, if a supporting cast member were to overshadow Batman in a story meant to be his? That's a different story. As long as the story is, first and foremost, about Batman, then letting his supporting cast members play a significant role in supporting him and his story is easily acceptable to most Batman fans, many of whom are at least as much fans of his supporting cast as they are of him.

Same thing with Lois. There's nothing wrong with her being in Superman's story. Especially not if she's still in a supporting role. If a movie ever comes out in which Lois is written as more competent and more important to the story than Superman? Now THAT'S when Lois has truly gone too far.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--