Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I get that she is a big part of Superman's world but I think Superfans underestimate how much the rest of us really don't care and how little that means to the GA.

Awareness of something doesn't make it beloved and popularity shifts.

Most people don't know this material you speak of.
    The comic industry is tiny what the general public does know is the Donner movies which had a sort of shallow crazy Lois, lots of Superdickery shenanigans, Lois being in love with Superman and not having any feelings for bumbling reporter Clark.
    Black face Lois, Lois doing ridiculous things to prove that Clark is Superman. All the meme worthy rubbish .Stuff like that is what the public see and know . I know this because that's all I knew till Rebirth Superman when I really looked at the Superverse.

That stuff isn't flattering or endearing

In the recent movies, Lois seems more stable, sane and less shallow but their relationship is sort of hollow and too soon. I can buy Donner's Clark falling for Kidder but not this new version

I think the Superverse needs to explore other members of the Super family and highlight them more cos it always seems like Clarks world revolves around Lois and that's not a good thing.

They need to get rid if that whole "Lois is my link to humanity" garbage because not only is it super insulting to his human parents [and all his connections and relationships growing up] it also makes it seem like the real Clark is the Injustice Clark and Lois is the one thing stopping him from going full dear leader on us meaning the guy is not even a true hero.
    You mean like what they're doing now with Super Sons, Supergirl and the recent Superwoman book? Lois Lane is not and never has been the only Super character that has gotten focus. Not since the days when Jimmy friggin Olsen had his own series.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You mean like what they're doing now with Super Sons, Supergirl and the recent Superwoman book? Lois Lane is not and never has been the only Super character that has gotten focus. Not since the days when Jimmy friggin Olsen had his own series.
    Please the read full post and keep your reply within context. That reply doesn't have anything to do with my point or you are twisting my point out of context.
    I don't want this to descend in to mere arguing
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-04-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You must be really hard up for friends then.

And people only like her because of tradition? Nonsense. People like her because she's a strong and well rounded character, a pitch perfect durable and emotional anchor that compliments Kal throughout all his incarnations.

Where as I can go online and find plenty of people who care for her.

That's really incredibly petty, but it's your loss.
    These are the most idiotic statements i have seen since i have been here. No i don't as i have said my comic book fans friends are limited that their opinion not all of the superman fandom i don't take it as fact do you? I don't care for Lois lane i respect that opinion you have of her as to why fans don't to, but to my selective fan they only like her because she has always been there.

Please the read full post and keep your reply within context. That reply doesn't have anything to do with my point or you are twisting my point out of context.
    I don't want this to descend in to mere arguing
    I did. I just disagreed with it. Especially since your idea of what the general public knows about Lois is based on your own limited knowledge of the character. even within context your arguments make no sense. Especially now with a Supergirl tv show airing and Superboy primed to return in YJ season 3

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I liked Amy's Lois for most of MoS and BvS. Not a fan of how is handled her involvement during the final battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    but to my selective fan they only like her because she has always been there.
    I think there's some truth to this, but it's certainly not limited to Lois. I mean, I don't think anyone really thinks that wearing trunks on the outside of a jumpsuit is by any means a good fashion statement, but some people demand that they be there for Superman because that's how it was from 1938-2011. Or how some fans insist that Clark Kent be a newspaper reporter even though the job is heading toward anachronistic altogether. I think a majority (small or otherwise) of comic fans are traditionalists under most cases, and want to see traditional elements maintained.

Maybe another way to put it is that they don't really appreciate her when she's around, but when she's missing something feels off. I know I felt that way about Superman movies I-III. I wasn't loving Lois in I and II, but it felt weird to see her barely around in III.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think there's some truth to this, but it's certainly not limited to Lois.
    Good god, this applies to 99.9999999% of what fans latch onto as favorites or essential.

That said, I think that Lois or someone essentially similar to her is a core part of the Superman concept---a specific human that he connects with. Reverse engineer what you think would interest a Superman and you come close to what Lois Lane is. Since that's the case, you may as well have the original.

I did. I just disagreed with it. Especially since your idea of what the general public knows about Lois is based on your own limited knowledge of the character. even within context your arguments make no sense. Especially now with a Supergirl tv show airing and Superboy primed to return in YJ season 3
    No you did not you are listing comics Superwoman, Jimmy Olsen's book and Supersons when we're talking about non comic readers. The supergirl TV show yeah that's something but we are yet to see that in the movies.

I should amend my previous point to I wish we would see more of the superverse reflected in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Good god, this applies to 99.9999999% of what fans latch onto as favorites or essential.

That said, I think that Lois or someone essentially similar to her is a core part of the Superman concept---a specific human that he connects with. Reverse engineer what you think would interest a Superman and you come close to what Lois Lane is. Since that's the case, you may as well have the original.
    Why just a single human? and if that's the case why not one of his human parents? You know the ones who actually shaped him and had the most impact on him.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-06-2017 at 08:15 AM.

No you did not you are listing comics Superwoman, Jimmy Olsen's book and Supersons when we're talking about non comic readers. The supergirl TV show yeah that's something but we are yet to see that in the movies.

I should amend my previous point to I wish we would see more of the superverse reflected in the movies
    Again, what you are asking for has been done and been done for decades. Lois has never been the only thing of importance to Clark, not in the comics or related media. The movies, the cartoons, the live action tv series all have given you what you want. It honestly feels like your real beef is that Lois exists at all as opposed to her supposedly stealing the spotlight.

Things is Lois has been there since day one in the comics she's also been in all outside media of the character. Radio, Television Shows, Plays, Cartoons/Animated Series, Films, Newspaper Comic Strips, it doesn't matter Lois is always there if you did a film with no Lois the first thing a general audience would think is "Where's Lois?".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Things is Lois has been there since day one in the comics she's also been in all outside media of the character. Radio, Television Shows, Plays, Cartoons/Animated Series, Films, Newspaper Comic Strips, it doesn't matter Lois is always there if you did a film with no Lois the first thing a general audience would think is "Where's Lois?".
    Yep. The first and most famous love interest in superhero comics, bar none, will always be there by Clark's side at the end of the day.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Again, what you are asking for has been done and been done for decades. Lois has never been the only thing of importance to Clark, not in the comics or related media. The movies, the cartoons, the live action tv series all have given you what you want. It honestly feels like your real beef is that Lois exists at all as opposed to her supposedly stealing the spotlight.
    Disagree mate. That's simply not true. I don't mind if Lois exists that's how we got Jon but aside from birthing Jon I don't care one way or another.