Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics Solicitations for September 2017

A 'The Goddamned' sighting! (Just not what we would think)

https://imagecomics.com/content/view...september-2017

BANNED

Angelic looks pretty cool

Birthright #26
    Black Magick #8
    Black Science #31
    Crosswind #4
    Curse Words #8
    East of West #35
    Elsewhere #2
    Kill or Be Killed #12
    Kill the Minotaur #4
    Lazarus X Plus 66 #3
    Manifest Destiny #31
    Sacred Creatures #3
    Saga #47
    Scales and Scoundrels #1
    Shirtless Bear Fighter #4
    Spy Seal #2
    Violent Love #8
    The Walking Dead #171
    Wayward #23
    The Wicked + The Divine #31
    Youngblood #5

A nice solid 21 issues. But considering there are 6 series there I haven't even started yet that number could and probably will shrink by September.

Waiting for Image Plus next week for #1 previews before deciding what series to start.

Switching to digital + TPB on Kill Or Be Killed. It's hard to find time to read floppies whereas my iPad is with me everywhere.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

East of West #35
    Lazarus X+66 #3
    Postal #23
    Renato Jones Season Two #5
    Spawn #278
    The Walking Dead #171
    Youngblood #5

Black Magick #8
    Lazarus X+66 #3
    Redlands #2
    Redneck #6
    Scales & Scoundrels #1
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Definites:

Descender #24
    East of West #35
    Kill or be Killed #12
    Lazarus X+66 #3

Most Likely:

Kill the Minotaur #4

On break:

Deadly Class
    Southern Bastards
    LOW
    The Goddamned

That head looper cover though....nice!

Angelic has a good premise imo! "Think WALL-E by way of Watership Down." Yup, I'm interested.

Also kinda curious about Retcon, sounds like a very metatextual narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Justart27 View Post
    That head looper cover though....nice!
    Yeah looks fantastic!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    GASOLINA #1 - Sounds interesting, and I dig the art.
    THE REALM #1 - Sounds cool and I'm looking for some nice fantasy. Though citing "X-Men" as a past work... that means nothing xD
    RETCON #1 - I might try this just for that solicitation. So long as there's more to it than just taking the piss out of the big two and doesn't overdo that, if that's even relevant to the actual comic. What I'm saying is don't be the comic equivalent of Devolver Digital's 2017 E3 conference and drag a good joke through the mud.
    ELSEWHERE #2 - Excited for this series and I'm really digging the art.
    ETERNAL EMPIRE #5 - Series hasn't done anything for me so far and I'm not keen on the fire powers thing, but Vaughn and Luna have earned at least two arcs from me. Everything Luna does is generally a slow burn anyway (lol, accidental pun). Also, that cover looks OFF. I think it's the girl (I can't remember their names for crap).
    KILL OR BE KILLED #12
    SNOTGIRL #7

ROYAL CITY, VOL. 1: NEXT OF KIN TP - I've heard good things about this series, but I'm not a fan of Lemire's art. Still, deserves a go, because when Lemire's good, he's REALLY good.
    FIVE FISTS OF SCIENCE TP - This sounds dope, and when Fraction's good he's amazing, so why not?

Maybe:
    SCALES & SCOUNDRELS #1 - This sounds insanely generic and the art isn't doing anything for me, but, again, looking for a good fantasy ongoing.
    DESCENDER #24
    GLITTERBOMB: THE FAME GAME #1 - First arc was okay, but I don't feel the need to read more. Also, Zub citing Uncanny Avengers... his run hasn't started, I'm pretty sure! Also, Wayward did nothing for me past its first issue. If these are his great works, um... eh? I could've sworn he was known for something else before Wayward.
    KILL THE MINOTAUR #4 - Have the first issue but haven't read it yet. I read SOME of the ashcan and I THINK I liked it? Can't remember.
    YOUNGBLOOD #5 - This series has done nothing for me aside from some decent art (and it's not even that good). The concept of a superhero app is interesting and it does SOME decent things with social media, but it also throws new characters everywhere just like the old series, and has this weird expectation of people knowing ANYTHING about the original Youngblood, because it props them up as the great figures like they were Luke, Leia and Han and this was The Force Awakens! The next issue is probably the last chance I'm giving it to grab me.

BUZZKILL TP - Not a huge Donny Cates fan, but this sounds kinda interesting and I like most Mark Waid's work, so I might give it a go.
    LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME, VOL. 1 TPB - Sounds kinda interesting, if kinda stupid. But I have no clue who Tocchini is (did he do the bad Uncanny X-Force series? Because I don't remember him from Remender's run) and Remender is more miss than hit with me.

Random thoughts:

Since when does 'rising star' have a hyphen?

Lol, Dying and the Dead. Is anyone who wants to read it NOT trade-waiting it by this point?

Ah! **** you, Cates! Me no like buuuuuugs!!!!!!

Jeez, that fucking Rose variant... Well, Finch wears it on his sleeves, I'll give him that.

I know nothing about Savage Dragon, but I never thought of it as something that got political. Huh.

Man, Spy Seal's art is just... it looks unfinished, even with that cartoony style is's going for.

Wait, Image+ has original stuff from popular series?! Um... hope I haven't missed anything.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 06-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'll probably check out Angelic, The Realm, and Gasolina. I'll trade wait Glitterbomb Fame Game.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Astonishing Member

@fuzzy Babarien: Savage Dragon always had politics inside. It had a big Obama issue and Dragon fought Osama once and much more. Still, first and foremost its a mature Superhero book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Definitely:
    GASOLINA #1 - Sounds interesting, and I dig the art.
    THE REALM #1 - Sounds cool and I'm looking for some nice fantasy. Though citing "X-Men" as a past work... that means nothing xD
    RETCON #1 - I might try this just for that solicitation. So long as there's more to it than just taking the piss out of the big two and doesn't overdo that, if that's even relevant to the actual comic. What I'm saying is don't be the comic equivalent of Devolver Digital's 2017 E3 conference and drag a good joke through the mud.
    ELSEWHERE #2 - Excited for this series and I'm really digging the art.
    ETERNAL EMPIRE #5 - Series hasn't done anything for me so far and I'm not keen on the fire powers thing, but Vaughn and Luna have earned at least two arcs from me. Everything Luna does is generally a slow burn anyway (lol, accidental pun). Also, that cover looks OFF. I think it's the girl (I can't remember their names for crap).
    KILL OR BE KILLED #12
    SNOTGIRL #7

ROYAL CITY, VOL. 1: NEXT OF KIN TP - I've heard good things about this series, but I'm not a fan of Lemire's art. Still, deserves a go, because when Lemire's good, he's REALLY good.
    FIVE FISTS OF SCIENCE TP - This sounds dope, and when Fraction's good he's amazing, so why not?

Maybe:
    SCALES & SCOUNDRELS #1 - This sounds insanely generic and the art isn't doing anything for me, but, again, looking for a good fantasy ongoing.
    DESCENDER #24
    GLITTERBOMB: THE FAME GAME #1 - First arc was okay, but I don't feel the need to read more. Also, Zub citing Uncanny Avengers... his run hasn't started, I'm pretty sure! Also, Wayward did nothing for me past its first issue. If these are his great works, um... eh? I could've sworn he was known for something else before Wayward.
    KILL THE MINOTAUR #4 - Have the first issue but haven't read it yet. I read SOME of the ashcan and I THINK I liked it? Can't remember.
    YOUNGBLOOD #5 - This series has done nothing for me aside from some decent art (and it's not even that good). The concept of a superhero app is interesting and it does SOME decent things with social media, but it also throws new characters everywhere just like the old series, and has this weird expectation of people knowing ANYTHING about the original Youngblood, because it props them up as the great figures like they were Luke, Leia and Han and this was The Force Awakens! The next issue is probably the last chance I'm giving it to grab me.

BUZZKILL TP - Not a huge Donny Cates fan, but this sounds kinda interesting and I like most Mark Waid's work, so I might give it a go.
    LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME, VOL. 1 TPB - Sounds kinda interesting, if kinda stupid. But I have no clue who Tocchini is (did he do the bad Uncanny X-Force series? Because I don't remember him from Remender's run) and Remender is more miss than hit with me.

Random thoughts:

Since when does 'rising star' have a hyphen?

I might try Retcon

Lol, Dying and the Dead. Is anyone who wants to read it NOT trade-waiting it by this point?

Ah! **** you, Cates! Me no like buuuuuugs!!!!!!

Jeez, that fucking Rose variant... Well, Hitch wears it on his sleeves, I'll give him that.

I know nothing about Savage Dragon, but I never thought of it as something that got political. Huh.

Man, Spy Seal's art is just... it looks unfinished, even with that cartoony style is's going for.

Wait, Image+ has original stuff from popular series?! Um... hope I haven't missed anything.
    If you're looking for a good fantasy comic, I'd recommend you check out Birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    If you're looking for a good fantasy comic, I'd recommend you check out Birthright.
    Seconded. I love Birthright.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Trade-waiting it... well, OHC-waiting it. I read the first six or so issues when they came out, but it felt kinda slow and the Mikey being evil thing wasn't something I was interested in at the time.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force