Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME, VOL. 1 TPB - Sounds kinda interesting, if kinda stupid. But I have no clue who Tocchini is (did he do the bad Uncanny X-Force series? Because I don't remember him from Remender's run) and Remender is more miss than hit with me.
    Tocchini did part of the Remender's run (the Captain Britain Corp part if I remember correctly).

But careful, Last Day of American Crime is more likely to miss than hit.

I liked it a lot. Tocchini's art is great (also does Low with Remender), especially in the OHC they put out a couple of years ago. Not the best thing Remenders done but I'd recommend it.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Tocchini did part of the Remender's run (the Captain Britain Corp part if I remember correctly).

But careful, Last Day of American Crime is more likely to miss than hit.
    Yep, that was my second thought. That was easily the weakest arc for me, both in terms of writing and visuals. Not sure if I'm a fan of Tocchini's art in that case, and it says something taht they're the only artist I don't remember from that run. I mean, I'm not even a fan of Phil Noto's more recent stuff, but I at least remember him.

I'll probably end up borrowing it and buying it if I like it enough.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Eternal Empire -- it's not Alex and Ada, although it's got Luna's artwork: less characterization & conversation than A&A, from a different writer, but it looks beautiful and does have potential (currently issue 2).
    Kill or Be Killed -- at this point y'all probably know 'bout this'n. Bang! Good'n.
    Lazarus -- the world our USA is fast becoming. It aint politically pretty.
    Southern Cross -- they've left the characters I was following, and I don't care as much for these at present; still, it's pretty good mystery in space. Has to get better though: on the do-I or don't-I border.
    Stray Bullets -- Did I really NOT SEE Stray Bullets in your lists preceding this one?!
    Can't be-- you're considering
    Last Days of American Crime, which I thought got kind of boring kind of fast, and not listing Stray Bullets on your to-buy lists? You Lazarus readers-- you Kill or Be Killed readers-- what're you afraid of!? [winky smiley face, ok?] Sure, once you like the characters (which happens fast), it's the scariest comic book out there; sure it's graphic black and white; sure, it's deliberately non-chronological; sure, there's lots to catch up on-- really: Go borrow volume one from the library or where-ever. RIGHT NOW, comics readers. And add it to your pre-order lists.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Angelic #1
    The Realm #1
    Retcon #1
    Birthright #26
    Bitch Planet Triple Feature #4
    Black Magick #8
    Curse Words #8
    Descender #24
    Dying and the Dead #8
    East of West #35
    Eternal Empire #5
    Generation Gone #3
    Glitterbomb: Fame Game #1
    Head Lopper #7
    Kill or Be Killed #12
    Postal #23
    Redlands #2
    Redneck #6
    Ringside #12
    Rocket Girl #9
    Sacred Creatures #3
    Saga #47
    Shirtless Bear-Fighter #4
    Snotgirl #7
    Southern Cross #15
    Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #28
    Violent Love #8
    Walking Dead vol. 28 & Here's Negan
    WicDiv #31
    trade-waiting:
    Lazarus
    Walking Dead
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.