View Poll Results: Which Amazon Should Be Part of the Rebirthed JSA?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hippolyta

15 33.33%
  • Hessia

2 4.44%
  • Myrna Black

1 2.22%
  • Another Amazon(Please Specify)

11 24.44%
  • No-One

16 35.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The titanic goddess Rhea, in mortal form, with demigoddess super-abilities. Her super heroine name is Lady-in-Red.
    Hmmm... with optional power to turn huge?

Incredible Member

Hippolyta as "Amazon" (or some other code name which isn't "Wonder Woman").

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My first choice would be Diana too but unless the Rebirthed JSA is on Earth 2, I don't see how that's very feasilble given the current continuity. My second choice is Hessia. Soule made her out to be such an interesting character in Superman/Wonder Woman with her magical armor and purple healing gem. The JSA could certainly use someone with her abilities as fighter and a healer.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Diana or no one - she should never be a legacy hero.
    100% agreement.

Diana, like Clark and Bruce, is not, never has been, and likely never will be a mantle hat ever get truly passed on to other characters.

If the JSA doesn't need a Kryptonian to fill the void of Clark nor a Dark Knight to fill the void of Bruce, then it also doesn't need an Amazon to fill the void of Diana either.

The JSA, if it must exist on the same Earth as the JL team (s), it should be more unique and not seem like just another variation of the League (even if the League is technically more like a variation of the Society IRL publishing).
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    She's not exactly an Amazon, but I'm all for Fury to have been a part of the JSA.
    Fury was a Young All-Star which is sorta-kinda the JSA.

That works fine especially as the Golden Age Fury was kind of obscure so retconning is less of an issue (although there's always somebody, lol).

I would love occasional stories of the Trinity going back in time to have adventures with the JSA. But if it is not them, as actual members of the team, then I don't want anyone else. They are NOT legacy characters and should never be treated as such.
    Richard Alexander

I don't really have strong feelings about the JSA, but it would be kind of cool if they put Mala as the "Wonder Woman" replacement, since she wasn't used by Rucka and she's pretty prominent in the original Marston run.

I personally would love for NUBIA to be called the AMAZING AMAZON and be a member of the new JSA.i can only dream though.but if not her LYTA TREVOR aka FURY.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    . . . but if not her LYTA TREVOR aka FURY.
    But any new "Lyta Trevor" / "Fury" would be just like the one we've seen before . . . how?
    Why not just invent a brand new character (since that's what you would essentially be doing anyway) or use the "Golden Age" Fury?
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-23-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Polly......

I don't know anywhere near as much about WW as you all do but I enjoy reading your posts. I voted for "another amazon" and I wanted to ask what you'd think about it being an Amazon we don't yet know about? Is there anything inherently wrong with them creating a new character for this, if it's done well by the writer? Because I think that's what I'd prefer. It seemed like a lot of people put Diana or nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I don't know anywhere near as much about WW as you all do but I enjoy reading your posts. I voted for "another amazon" and I wanted to ask what you'd think about it being an Amazon we don't yet know about? Is there anything inherently wrong with them creating a new character for this, if it's done well by the writer? Because I think that's what I'd prefer. It seemed like a lot of people put Diana or nobody.
    Until we know when, where, and how we get the return of a "JSA", it's premature to speculate anything.
    Does the JSA NEED a "Wonder Woman" substitute? Will she have any history with the JSA BEFORE Diana came to "man's world" with Steve?
    Will a JSA be on the main, current DC Earth, or will they occupy a different Earth?
    Too many possibilities to consider.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Until we know when, where, and how we get the return of a "JSA", it's premature to speculate anything.
    Does the JSA NEED a "Wonder Woman" substitute? Will she have any history with the JSA BEFORE Diana came to "man's world" with Steve?
    Will a JSA be on the main, current DC Earth, or will they occupy a different Earth?
    Too many possibilities to consider.
    That's exactly the point of speculation...to postulate the possibilities of what may come. That's part of the fun of comic book fandom and almost the entire point of comic book message boards. Otherwise, where's the fun in participating in a fandom?

Astonishing Member

Jason - that's my suggestion. If we have to put up with this ridiculous and lazy idea again, then he should join the JSA. As the secretary. Get me my coffee, Jason, then just quietly sit in the background. That's all he's good for.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I would love occasional stories of the Trinity going back in time to have adventures with the JSA. But if it is not them, as actual members of the team, then I don't want anyone else. They are NOT legacy characters and should never be treated as such.
    Time travel with Diana, Kal, and Bruce interacting with the JSA is the only way I can see it would work. It's the originals for me or no one.