View Poll Results: Which Amazon Should Be Part of the Rebirthed JSA?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hippolyta

15 33.33%
  • Hessia

2 4.44%
  • Myrna Black

1 2.22%
  • Another Amazon(Please Specify)

11 24.44%
  • No-One

16 35.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I mean here's the thing about Wonder Woman - it's a title. Who's to say that there wasn't one before, and wasn't Myrna Black's design reminiscent of a Wonder Woman design?

Still, Hipollyta is my favorite choice for this, but it makes no sense.
    I'm fine with Hippy as long as she doesn't go by the title Wonder Woman. Diana isn't a legacy character, DC made that mistake before. Diana should always be the FIRST (if not only) Wonder Woman IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't really have strong feelings about the JSA, but it would be kind of cool if they put Mala as the "Wonder Woman" replacement, since she wasn't used by Rucka and she's pretty prominent in the original Marston run.

You guys probably know by know that I love Mala, she's always forgotten about in favor of the post-Crisis Amazons. She appeared in Messner-Loebs run and Morrison's Earth One which is a shame because the character dates back to Marston. She was Diana's best friend, runner-up in the contest and later warden of Transformation Island.

If it's the original Justice Society of America on Earth-2 then Diana for sure.
    If a JSofA is to exist on the main Earth then no one IMHO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Y'know, there's a possible character that's been kicking around since the start of the New52 that might be alive / available for the 1940s:

Exoristos from Demon Knights.

And they could use the name Marston originally had for Wonder Woman: "Suprema".

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Why not have Diana go back in time to join the JSA? With their current status as a covert ops team of Mystery Men, that would still make her debut in the modern era make sense, but also give her the opportunity to find out about this mysterious "original" Wonder Woman from the '40s, only to discover that it was her all along.

Best of both worlds in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Why not have Diana go back in time to join the JSA? With their current status as a covert ops team of Mystery Men, that would still make her debut in the modern era make sense, but also give her the opportunity to find out about this mysterious "original" Wonder Woman from the '40s, only to discover that it was her all along.

That could be too confusing, too (even for comic books). Besides, that smacks too much of the tangled mess DC created after CoIE/Hawkworld when the Golden Age Hawkman and Hawkwoman were suddenly retroactively made the Hawkman and Hawkgirl in the JLA / in Silver & Bronze Age stories.
    Besides, do we actually know if a WWII JSA is going to be considered "a covert ops team of Mystery Men", or could a returned JSA suddenly be publically remembered under the Rebirth "missing years" mess? I don't even know if those yahoos in charge of DC have any clue about that . . . just that Geoff Johns had indicated early on they would (somehow) return.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 07-28-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Diana of Themyscria.

Why not have Diana go back in time to join the JSA?
    Neat idea.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 08-03-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Chalk me up for no one. I don't want any other Amazon superhero-ing around before Wonder Woman. In ancient times or something like was done in Demon Knights, fine, but not WWII. Don't try and force analogues and in the process hurt the uniqueness of one of the Trinity. Wonder Woman is modern civilization's introduction to the Amazonian race. No one else. This is a case of having to make a concession to an idea. Intent on having the JSA on the main Earth and still tied to WWII? Okay (I still maintain bad idea but its obviously what they want). But then it didn't have a Wonder Woman, it did not have a Superman, and it did not have a Batman. Nor any poorly conceived analogue.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-03-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Chalk me up for no one. I don't want any other Amazon superhero-ing around before Wonder Woman. In ancient times or something like was done in Demon Knights, fine, but not WWII. Don't try and force analogues and in the process hurt the uniqueness of one of the Trinity. Wonder Woman is modern civilization's introduction to the Amazonian race. No one else. This is a case of having to make a concession to an idea. Intent on having the JSA on the main Earth and still tied to WWII? Okay (I still maintain bad idea but its obviously what they want). But then it didn't have a Wonder Woman, it did not have a Superman, and it did not have a Batman. Nor any poorly conceived analogue.

Honestly, I think the best option would be to put the JSA back on Pre-Crisis Earth Two so they can have their own Trinity back.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I've considered this as well, although I'd like it to be Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman who do the time traveling together.

I think of it as similarly as Superboy and Supergirl traveling to the future to be a part of the Legion of Superheroes adventures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, there's a possible character that's been kicking around since the start of the New52 that might be alive / available for the 1940s:

Exoristos from Demon Knights.

And they could use the name Marston originally had for Wonder Woman: "Suprema".
    Certainly an option.

Sadly I don't think we will see Ex again before a real fan of Demon Knights get to write a DC book where she could appear in. I am not sure Cornell would, and he created her, since I believe his original setup was that most of the Demon Knights eventually became the Shadowlords over in Stormwatch.

Yeah... no. Experiences have shown that timetravelling stories like this only end up very confusing and highly likely to be changed again.

Astonishing Member

I am a BIG proponent of WW as a founding member of the JL. But, she doesn't have the same connection to the JSA. She wasn't a founding member. When she did join, it was, infamously, as the secretary. So, I just don't get the desire to push a WW person into the JSA.

It might be a different story if the JSA were the premier team as I want WW at the top. But, the JSA struggles to hold a book while struggling to define itself. WW has the JL, that's where she belongs. Let JSA do it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I am a BIG proponent of WW as a founding member of the JL. But, she doesn't have the same connection to the JSA. She wasn't a founding member. When she did join, it was, infamously, as the secretary. So, I just don't get the desire to push a WW person into the JSA.

It might be a different story if the JSA were the premier team as I want WW at the top. But, the JSA struggles to hold a book while struggling to define itself. WW has the JL, that's where she belongs. Let JSA do it's own thing.
    I think the thing about Wonder Woman in the JSA was that she was the first and only female on that team until Black Canary started appearing in late 1947 (a run that ended in late 1950/early 1951). So there is more meaning to her (or a suitable substitute) as part of the original team.