Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Elder Scrolls games are a funny one.

Oblivion was fatally flawed - it had a tedious main storyline, indifferent voice acting, and the world's worst levelling system. The problem wasn't just the levelling itself - it was the fact that World levelling meant that after a while you couldn't walk outside a settlement without getting attacked by a frigging minotaur - and bandits would be wearing priceless glass armour, leading to the question why they bothered with a life of banditry, when they could just sell their armour and would be made for life. This sort of stuff really killed immersion.

That said, I loved the Shivering Isles expansion.

Skyrim was certainly a better game; at least they crafted individual dungeons. That said, a large part of the quests and storyline were terrible uninvolving. It felt so... generic.

Despite it's terrible combat and insane crafting/spell progression system, for my money, Morrowind remains the best, for no reason other than it presented a genuinely fascinating fantasy universe. I genuinely came to love the Dunmer, those xenophobic gravel-voiced loons.

Extraordinary Member

Legacy Of Kain.

The early Battle Arena Toshinden games look REALLY bad now.

A lot of the 1st Gen polygon happy PSOne stuff looks a lot worse to modern eyes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The early Battle Arena Toshinden games look REALLY bad now.

A lot of the 1st Gen polygon happy PSOne stuff looks a lot worse to modern eyes now.
    Hell, most of them looked like **** back then too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Elder Scrolls games are a funny one.

Oblivion was fatally flawed - it had a tedious main storyline, indifferent voice acting, and the world's worst levelling system. The problem wasn't just the levelling itself - it was the fact that World levelling meant that after a while you couldn't walk outside a settlement without getting attacked by a frigging minotaur - and bandits would be wearing priceless glass armour, leading to the question why they bothered with a life of banditry, when they could just sell their armour and would be made for life. This sort of stuff really killed immersion.

That said, I loved the Shivering Isles expansion.

Skyrim was certainly a better game; at least they crafted individual dungeons. That said, a large part of the quests and storyline were terrible uninvolving. It felt so... generic.

Despite it's terrible combat and insane crafting/spell progression system, for my money, Morrowind remains the best, for no reason other than it presented a genuinely fascinating fantasy universe. I genuinely came to love the Dunmer, those xenophobic gravel-voiced loons.
    All there games are oddly terrible. The problems they have in their Elder Scrolls games are also in their future Elder Scrolls games they call Fallout for whatever reason. They're interesting on a conceptual level, at like the ideas phase, but they're always horribly designed games on every level they could be.

It's kind of interesting that nobody has yet to come along and just do what they do, but put things like good gameplay and systems in place...and interesting worlds to explore. Like some developers kind of do it, they'll do their version of an open world or whatever, but weirdly nobody big has just when can made their FPS open world fantasy game yet. Thing that sucks about nobody making a good Elder Scrolls type game is that Bethesda games seemingly do too well for them to feel like they could or need to learn anything from anyone around them. That or the people behind the games are blissfully unaware of other games...and it could be that, watching some Volition streams showed me that people making games can be weirdly unaware of other games to a degree I wouldn't have really imagined.

I wouldn't even say Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion. It's a better looking game. But everything about the gameplay seemed worst than what they did before. You can't even create a character in that game; and maybe that wouldn't really even matter if the fundamental gameplay supported that, but it wasn't.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Mario Kart 64
    Pokemon Snap
    Gran Turismo 2
    I agree with you on Pokemon Snap. That was my jam back in the day, but even then, I knew it wasn't gonna hold up. It was definitely a one and done game for a few gamers, but I played it A LOT. It helped that there were secret Pokemon to take pictures of like crazy.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 08-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

iMan 42s

I really wanted to say KOTOR but Republic Commando screams mid 2000's to the point it ends on a rock song and comes with a music video of it. As much of a good game as it is it shows it's age in A.I, balancing, and is too short for what it offered specially considering you can't really play it's multiplayer anymore (I'm sure someone has a fix for that however). It's a good game for what it is but it shows it's age a little too easily for what it's worth, but it is memorable. It definitely is worth a look though if someone is curious about what Star Wars was at the time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan #1 View Post
    I agree with you on Pokemon Snap. That was my jam back in the day, but even then, I knew it wasn't gonna hold up. It was definitely a one and done game for a few gamers, but I played it A LOT. It helped that there were secret Pokemon to take pictures of like crazy.
    Would have been cool if they had all 151 Pokemon or at least 150 (no Mewtwo)

I've been playing a lot of PS1 games lately and I'm sure people still love these games but I find them incredibly annoying: The Tomb Raider series and the Resident Evil series. Only the installments for PS1 though. Thank the lord for Resident Evil 4 and I haven't played any Tomb Raider since PS1. Those controls are just so rotten. I guess I have to get used to them.

The original Resident Evils, i'm so glad that the controls didn't return in 7. Soul Reaver also plays like crap.