Default IDW's Clue (Cluedo for us Europeans)

When I first saw this I was really excited, I love the idea and I think it will genuinely be awesome. However, forcing me to buy the variant covers just to get a complete story? I don't like that, just a cheap trick to get extra pennies. So I won't be buying it on that basis, will you? What do you think about variant covers with alternative endings? What do you think about the concept in general?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Clue is my favorite board game of all time.
    And unfortunately, none of my friends or family enjoy it as much (if at all).
    So, I'm left playing logic problems in magazines...

As for the comic...
    It's nice that it's getting the recognition to make it into comic format.
    However, I'd rather they just did it as an homage to Agatha Christie and other mysteries of the classic style.

Although...
    It would be interesting if they put out six variations, each with a different murderer, and then sealed them in black polybags so you wouldn't know which one you got until you opened it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

That's a neat idea, adapts the boardgame's "it could be anyone!" premise pretty well I'd say. I wouldn't read more than one though. Didn't the Clue movie do something similar with having a couple of different endings varying per region or something?

It did yes, and then collected them all in a special release I think. I will probably buy this as a hardcover or something, but I'd feel like I'm being mugged off buying the variants haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

I ran across this recently - love the variant endings idea. The art style is a good match for the game concept and period, I think. There was a lot of explanation of the characters - that's not in the game, beyond the implications of "Colonel Mustard," "Miss Scarlet" etc. and it bogs down the storyline.

The game Clue was recently inducted into the "National Toy Hall of Fame" based in Rochester, New York.