Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel trademarks "Marvel Rising" and "Spirits of Vengeance"

Not for comics but for games, toys and other media! What is marvel rising?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/27/marvel-rising/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's easy enough to speculate on Ghost Rider being related to Marvel television. I have no clue about Marvel Rising. I'm guessing a game.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's easy enough to speculate on Ghost Rider being related to Marvel television. I have no clue about Marvel Rising. I'm guessing a game.
    Maybe this is part of the "Avengers Project" that were announced a few months back?

Nearly every Ghost Rider announcement in the last ten years has ended up disappointing me despite my initial hype so I'm not going to get excited just yet. It's probably a tv series, though I hoped they'd save Johnny and Danny for Netflix instead.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I can imagine Marvel doing a Ghost Rider series after his introduction in AoS S4. As for Marvel Rising sounds like a game... sounds like a good title if it is !

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Nearly every Ghost Rider announcement in the last ten years has ended up disappointing me despite my initial hype so I'm not going to get excited just yet. It's probably a tv series, though I hoped they'd save Johnny and Danny for Netflix instead.
    The Ghost Rider we're seeing on TV isn't Johnny or Danny, so I'm not entirely hopefull either would be the top candidate for a Net Flicks show.

Though that doesn't mean they couldn't be in it.

The Spirits of Vengeance deal probably refers to Ghost Rider in some form. Possibly ties into a new season of AoS or something.

Marvel Rising, though, is interesting. I don't think it'll apply to the comics. I think Marvel Legacy is the brand they're going to use to revitalize their comics line after Secret Empire. I think this might have something to do with a new game. That's something that Marvel has been teasing for a while, first with their deal with Square Enix and again with recent updates to existing games. The gaming division is one of those areas where Marvel has been struggling to expand since Disney shut down their games division. Maybe this is their way of focusing more on Marvel-centric gaming without Disney getting too heavily involved.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Ghost Rider we're seeing on TV isn't Johnny or Danny, so I'm not entirely hopefull either would be the top candidate for a Net Flicks show.

I have to assume since the trademark claims "Spirits of Vengeance" as in more than one, then it would include Johnny and/or Danny at some point as well as Robbie, assuming this is for the tv show, and assuming the mystery Ghost Rider who gave Robbie his powers in AoS was one of the two.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

That may be the case, but in Robbie Reyes TV origin a Ghost Rider on a motorcycle gave him his powers so there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    That may be the case, but in Robbie Reyes TV origin a Ghost Rider on a motorcycle gave him his powers so there is hope.
    Depends. I'd rather see Johnny and Danny in a Netflix show than a network show personally.

Upcoming Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    True. Given that Johnny Blaze is the original, he'll probably get some love.

I sort of feel bad for Danny (why was MY ghost rider back in the day and arguably the GH when the character peaked in the 90's) is likely going to get lost in the shuffle.

Depends. I'd rather see Johnny and Danny in a Netflix show than a network show personally.
    Plus I think Ghost Rider seems like a better fit in that univese. I don't know, Ghost Rider almost felt a little out place in Agents of SHIELD fighting robots and Inhumans.

But honestly I'll take either.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If they're gonna give him the Iron Fist treatment, I would prefer for Ghost Rider to stay the hell away from Netflix. I honestly prefer ABC's handling of Ghost Rider in AOS than that watered down mysticism we had on Iron Fist. There's no point in being R rated when you can't do justice to the mystic roots of the character. Ghost Rider cannot and should not be ''realistic'' in any way, shape or form. And Marvel could always cut a deal with HBO, or Showtime, or some other mature network for that, if it's really needed. But I still take ABC over Netflix for that specific type of character. Netflix should stick to their grounded heroes.

I have to assume since the trademark claims "Spirits of Vengeance" as in more than one, then it would include Johnny and/or Danny at some point as well as Robbie, assuming this is for the tv show, and assuming the mystery Ghost Rider who gave Robbie his powers in AoS was one of the two.
    That's what I thought as well, Spirits Of Vengeance could potentially mean it's an ensemble show. I would actually like that a lot: a show set in different times, showing the passing of the Spirit through different hosts and their stories.

Interested in Marvel Rising and hope that the title means it's not a Avenger only/centered thing.... again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

come out with an animated version of the new comics that are coming.