Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Amazing Member

I do think the term 'dallied' was used to show whatever he did was meaningless to him. But I doubt he would have raised it if it was just inappropriate flirting. He sees taking Mjolnir as a huge betrayal, so he thinks its in retaliation of a huge betrayal of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The story doesn't use the word 'cheated', he doesn't say 'went behind your back' or 'slept with other girls', he doesn't even say 'dated other girls'. Dalliance includes a completely non sexual meaning, to dally with someone in a non-serious way. A mere trifle, a brief flirtation. Why are you all getting hung up on Thor cheating? He would have said "this is because of all of those girls I slept with" if that was what he meant. He had nothing to loose by saying that, if that was what he meant.

A synonym would be, "Is this because of those girls I spent a trivial amount of time with".
    Well we can probably ask him on twitter or something. It's not like it's a major plot point he can't talk about.

Frankly I think the idea that Aaron isn't suggesting Thor was cheating on Jane is very unlikely. It fits in all to well with his heavy handed deconstruction of Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Well we can probably ask him on twitter or something. It's not like it's a major plot point he can't talk about.

Frankly I think the idea that Aaron isn't suggesting Thor was cheating on Jane is very unlikely. It fits in all to well with his heavy handed deconstruction of Thor.
    Pretty sure Aaron is one of those guys that only uses social media for promotion. He does very few interviews these days. Probably won't do many until the next run of Southern Bastards because nobody else will promote that aside the creators.

That is no excuse to interpret things as bad as you can and then complain about your own interpretation as if it is fact.

Honestly, if you don't like this book that much stop reading it. But making up your own reasons why you don't like it is surely counterproductive.

Amazing Member

What I have liked about this whole new Thor story is that its been a Jane story. When you think of Jane you think of Thor's Girlfriend, before this a lot of opinion was disparaging about her at least in comparison to Sif. Jane has always been great but she's always been misused. If this is to be the 'final' Jane story I'm glad it was about her and what she's gone through as a character. The last question to answer is Thor, not the first. Its going to be interesting to see how Aaron answers it. He's been quite vague so far on Thor's part exactly what goes on in his head. But I do feel he has put the work in to make any death scene be absolutely heart destroying.

But then I'm not 100% sold that she will die. I'm of the opinion saving Jane is what will make Thor worthy again, but the sacrifice will be great. You could even argue Thor isn't actually angry at Jane but rather himself. He became unworthy. If he hadn't Jane would be getting her treatment and could have a chance. He's betrayed her again. But maybe I'm naive and Marvel will fridge her.