Spectacular Member

Default Batman Vengeance Of Bane Review (Canon Read Through #38)

Bane is a HUGE villain to Batman (physically and in terms of Mythos). Famously he broke Batman's back and has had several run ins with the Dark Knight.

I'm up to his origin story in my read through and it certainly doesn't disappoint.

You can read my full thoughts on the book through the link below.

Batman Vengeance Of Bane Review

Let me know if you agree and do you enjoy the book?

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

BANNED

One of the most manliest origins ever written.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yea, I always really loved the LOTDK Venom and Veng of Bane connection. This great standalone LOTDK story being the probably unplanned setup for Bane, Batman's past guilt almost haunting him, never letting him forget his moment of weakness. Bane being that ghost.

Chuck Dixon was just such a great Batman writer at that time that it's no surprise that Veng of Bane was so very good. Dixon just knew all the levers to push in a Batman comic to tell a strong story, and he always did it. Strong interesting characterization, good pacing and plot. If I were in charge, Dixon would probably be writing Detective Comics right now in a long run. He deserves it that much. It'd be nice if DC collects his non-event-related Detective Comics run.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I agree. It's my favorite comic book origin. Until Christopher Priest's Deathstroke, Bane was my favorite DC villain. Glad to see you like it so much!
    Good soldier, good soldier.

Spectacular Member

Yeah dixons brilliant, massively underrated. I've re-read all of knightfall and prodigal (just haven't put them online yet) and the guy is outstanding in everything he does, rare to see such a massive arc like knightfall that lasted as long as it did stay as good as it did.
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deffinition View Post
    Yeah dixons brilliant, massively underrated. I've re-read all of knightfall and prodigal (just haven't put them online yet) and the guy is outstanding in everything he does, rare to see such a massive arc like knightfall that lasted as long as it did stay as good as it did.
    I only read parts of Knightfall! I'm going to have to check the rest of it and Prodigal out! Your site is awesome, man! I'm going to have to read more of your reviews when I get a chance!

Who is your favorite writer so far?
    Good soldier, good soldier.