Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default DC Martial Arts Battle Royal!

Jusomaster (Hadley), Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Constantine Drakon, Bronze Tiger, and David Cain all duke it out at once in the arena, no weapons.

Who rises victorious?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Classic Richard Dragon. Classic Shiva second.

Current versions? Probably Drakon who does not have a watered down rebooted version.

Doesn't the Bronze Tiger geyt kicked out for cheating on account of having been rebooted as a genuine tiger person?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"Did someone say something about martial arts and DC?"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jusomaster (Hadley), Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Constantine Drakon, Bronze Tiger, and David Cain all duke it out at once in the arena, no weapons.
    Okay, I'll start by saying I know little to nothing of the Hadley Judomaster, so I'm leaving him out. ^_^

First and Second place? Assuming we use Classic Richard Dragon and Post-Crisis Shiva, flip a coin between Dragon and Shiva. Dragon was certainly better than her in the original series, but Post-Crisis Shiva got one heck of a lot of good feats (plus the addition of her Body-Reading ability), while Dragon basically didn't show up much at all (except for an appallingly bad mini-series that tried to re-establish him, which violated continuity on so many levels that it's best forgotten).

After that, I give it to Drakon. He's faster than Dragon or Shiva, but I don't feel he has enough of everything else to overcome their greater skill and hitting power (I also don't feel he's fast enough to blitz them).

Coming in fourth, let's say Bronze Tiger. He's good enough to come out looking superior to Batman in the times they've fought, so that's good enough for me.

Which leaves David Cain, who can at best run something of a stalemate for Batman (when he actually cares and isn't boozed out of his gourd). Not enough, here (especially since he has been flat-out beaten by Shiva, back when she wasn't quite as good as she would be here and was pregnant to boot - Shiva, not Cain ^_^), though his absolutely ludicrous damage soak means he holds up well as a punching bag for a while.

Mileage, it may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

"Did someone say something about martial arts and DC?"
    "Damnit, who invited him?!"

Hiding in the stands, Cassandra Cain just smirks and eats some popcorn.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

What if we mix it up and do teams?

Shiva, Judomaster, and Cain vs Drakon, Dragon, and Tiger?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not knowing anything about Judomaster, assuming he's roughly on the mid-level and no better than Batman, I have to give this one to the DDT team.

Dragon makes a good counter to Shiva.
    Drakon can (barring something about Judomaster I don't know) beat either Judomaster or Cain (though it'll take him a while to beat down Cain).
    Tiger can beat Cain and likely beat Judomaster (again, barring something about Judomaster I don't know).

If Judomaster is better than Batman, all bets are off, but if not, I see it running somewhere around the above, which means it WILL at some point become Dragon + Someone Else against Shiva, which is pretty much it for her.

The only argument against this is Shiva's body reading allowing her to coordinate better with her team, and I can't really see it making THAT much of a difference.

...also, Shiva does not give shits about coordinating.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate