Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Because he's 10 times more interesting than Carol. No offense.
    Not sure why, but i agree.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Marvel doesn't want people to remember that Carol isn't the original Captain Marvel, or the best. Hell I wouldn't even put her in my top 3. Phyla is still dead, and Monica is relegated to fringe titles. Also Carol fans probably don't want him back (not true for all fans though, I'm sure) because they think he would steal some of her thunder or something. Even after all the ridiculous push Marvel has been giving her she needs all the help she can get and can't even maintain a 20k readership. If I could, I'd put money down on Mar-Vell not even being mentioned in Carol's movie.

That being said, even though I love Mar-Vell, he had his story and it was great. It's over. There's not much need to bring him back.
    Personally I think that's wasted potential. The story of a widow trying to honor her husband by taking up his Mantle would make for a good movie in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love Mar-Vell, but please don't bring him back. It would cheapen his death and he's very much a product of the past.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Even though he's Kree, the last thing Marvel will do is bring back a BLONDE male. They will not promote or rather try to downplay the status of white male characters, especially if they are straight.

Mar-vell will not be back. Blame it on the color of his skin and his sexual orientation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I love Mar-Vell, but please don't bring him back. It would cheapen his death and he's very much a product of the past.
    Mar-Vell is one of very few Big Two characters whose death was so memorable and so convincing that it made him legendary in death. Gwen Stacy is another. They were killed because no one had any ideas for what else to do with them, but dying made them seem, in retrospect, like they'd been much more important characters. That's very hard to do. Most deaths are kind of pointless and cheap, which is one reason why they're so easily reversed.

I would be happy to see them bring back a character whose death was pointless or cheap, like Karen Page. But what stories could they really tell about a revived Mar-Vell? He'd just go back to being the not-very-popular character he was before he died.

Every time this comes up I say the same thing. Mar-Vell had an awesome and profound death. To this day it is one of the most memorable books I ever read. Oddly the graphic novel was given to me as an 8 year old child to occupy me on a long car trip. It totally blew my mind. There are precious few real comic book deaths left at this point. Let him rest in peace.

Good God why? His death was the only remarkable thing about him.