Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man 29 First Look (from CBR website)

Here's a bit of the art from what looks to be near the beginning of the issue.

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-preview...spider-man-29/

There's no dialogue, but oh man, I just CAN'T get enough of how Immonen draws Peter armouring up. I'm liking his take on Superior Ock's look a lot more than I've seen elsewhere, as well.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 06-22-2017 at 06:15 PM.

I feel like the Superior Ock is trying to make as unsubtle as possible just how much Otto is "evil Peter," or at least Peter if he hadn't had the morals and love of his aunt and uncle.

'Course, now Ock feels less like the main villain and more like a rival character, being the hero's exact mirror, even moreso then Venom. Though maybe he's going for a Sinestro/Reverse-Flash type deal now.

Also just weird seeing Ock with a well-toned body. That's definitely something I don't see lasting on any permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Superior Ock is trying to make as unsubtle as possible just how much Otto is "evil Peter," or at least Peter if he hadn't had the morals and love of his aunt and uncle.

'Course, now Ock feels less like the main villain and more like a rival character, being the hero's exact mirror, even moreso then Venom. Though maybe he's going for a Sinestro/Reverse-Flash type deal now.

Also just weird seeing Ock with a well-toned body. That's definitely something I don't see lasting on any permanent basis.
    Which is honestly a shame because I find that this is possible the most amazing development that we've gotten from Ock. As you said, he's at this point the negative Spider-Man and, unlike in Superior, he's not out to try to be a hero, but rather to take back what he feels is his.

Incredible Member

I really like, that the absence of dialogue, makes everything much more dramatic and epic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which is honestly a shame because I find that this is possible the most amazing development that we've gotten from Ock. As you said, he's at this point the negative Spider-Man and, unlike in Superior, he's not out to try to be a hero, but rather to take back what he feels is his.
    Ock has been turned into a body swapper. He lost his first ailing body before Superior started, then he lost his time displaced Superior Spider Man body and downloaded his consciousness, then he transferred that consciousness into an Ock clone and killed Peter for the second time in the mindscape and then he placed his consciousness into the Proto Clone and is now the Superior Octopus.

Next up, Cyborg Octopus, Alien Octopus, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Ock has been turned into a body swapper. He lost his first ailing body before Superior started, then he lost his time displaced Superior Spider Man body and downloaded his consciousness, then he transferred that consciousness into an Ock clone and killed Peter for the second time in the mindscape and then he placed his consciousness into the Proto Clone and is now the Superior Octopus.

Next up, Cyborg Octopus, Alien Octopus, who knows.
    Hey, we got a run with Norman without the Goblin serum, maybe we can get a run with Ock without his tentacles (though Ultimate Spider-Man and the Living Brian sub-plot kind of did that) ?

So Pete has Tony Stark's Extremis armor now?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It takes its cues more from the symbiote in a sense. A suit that technologically puts itself on. That's pretty nifty and useful in his particular profession.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, we got a run with Norman without the Goblin serum, maybe we can get a run with Ock without his tentacles (though Ultimate Spider-Man and the Living Brian sub-plot kind of did that) ?
    So, Otto Octavius, mad scientist. He could've taken over AIM in this scenario where he has not tentacles and doesn't go by Doc Ock.

Slott hasn't bothered to go into detail, but Peter's armor is pretty clearly made up of some sort of liquid metal nanotechnology that can wirelessly respond to brain commands, but is not stored within his body. I'd say Peter has invented some sort of tech that is more similar to the Bleeding Edge or Superior Iron Man armors to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah, I think a bunch of Spidey's classic villains have needed upgrades, and Ock's has been well deserved. He is Peter's physical equal, and though he isn't yet Peter's intellectual equal (since the body he used wasn't a perfect clone, or whatever) it makes him a lot more formidable, especially with all the "master planning" he likes to do. Hopefully this makes for a much more savage fight than the two usually have.

Incredible Member

Well...way before Extremis existed, we had that brief 13 episode animated series called Spider-Man Unlimited. In that show, his suit is actually nanotach that is similar to what we see here.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Well...way before Extremis existed, we had that brief 13 episode animated series called Spider-Man Unlimited. In that show, his suit is actually nanotach that is similar to what we see here.
    Yeah, it's probably based on that.

Astonishing Member

The Future Foundation suit could do the same trick as well.

iMan 42s

Plenty of suits in Marvel comics could form like Bleeding Edge or the symbiote could. I'm actually curious as to what character in comics did the forming costume first since I'm pretty sure it predates Spider-man and Iron man doing it..., weird to think however that they are two very good examples of it though.

On the note of Extremis, you're thinking of Bleeding Edge as the actual Extremis suit couldn't do that. Extremis could only form the undersheath so Tony didn't have to put one on.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.