Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default XMEN GOLD #6 SPOILERS and Discussion

-Nightcrawler watches over an knocked out Rachel as Cecilia tells him there’s nothing she can do as Rachel’s problem is in her head. Meanwhile Rachel thinks of Franklin Richards who knows she’s afraid.

-Meanwhile, Kitty and the rest of her team get help from The Avengers (Captain Marvel, kamala, Daredevil, Hulk-Cho, Deadpool) in fighting the sentinel swarm. They become overwhelmed until The Cuckoos perform a psychic attack. This knocks them all out though. In the backgroung, the new X-Cutioner is watching them.

-Rachel comes face to face with her mom who tells her she’s afraid. Rachel assumes the Phoenix but Jean tells her it’s of her own potential and that her friends needs her. She then sees Cyclops who talks to her about Jean and Rachel reminds him it’s not just the Phoenix she fears. Cyclops reminds her we don’t turn into out parents, and that Kitty gave her the new name so she can move on from the past and future.

-As the fight rages on, Gambit blames himself and Storm pulls him aside to talk. Storm gives him a pep talk before kissing him. Gambit asks why and she tells him to remind him he’s a good person and also to remind herself of “something”.

-Gambit and Storm then save Pixie before they’re all ambushed. Kitty is attacked and so is Colossus.

-As OML fights a newly formed Sentinel, Hound-Rachel tells her it’s not Jean or Cyclops she’s afraid of but her own future self. She tells her she can feel her teammates are being defeated but what is she willing to do? Rachel wakes up!

-Rachel tells Nightcrawler and Cecilia she needs to attack the sentinels using a new approach. Rachel does another attack and destroys all the sentinels. Kitty decides she deserves a promotion but then sees Colossus on ground bleeding. Nightcrawler asks Rachel is she’s ok and her eyes reflect all the Marvel heroes as she replies that she doesn’t know.

-As the city gets cleaned up a little girl finds her doll and below her feet is a tiny little baby sentinel that survived.

The best issue so far IMO.

Very anticlimactic issue for me but I really liked that small Gambit/Storm interaction.

Sad that Remy won`t join this team.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-21-2017 at 07:29 AM.

This issue sounds JAMMED with stuff going on. Wow.

I'm really pleased with the shift in aesthetic, so I'm actually looking forward to this issue.

Very curious about this "something" that Storm is smooching to reconnect with (??)
    All the cameos sound like fun - and the whole marvel heroes reflected in Rachel's eyes is ....intriguing?
    Also: Awww NAWWWW my bebbeh Brolossus!!!!

I liked it very much. Got no complaints.

BANNED

It's still Gambit's fault

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Pretty good issue. I'm pleasantly surprised how much R.B. Silva has grown as an artist, his pages look gorgeous! I hope he's in for the long haul. I also think Guggenheim couldn't have been more Claremontian, what with the dreamlike sequences, the fashion show with the past costumes/incarnations, the Remy/Ororo kiss... I half-expected Rachel to shout "I am Prestige!" in the end

BANNED

Think this is my favourite book by marvel at the moment along with Gen X

It's a goof sign that this book is steadily getting better!

Good issue 8 out of 10.

It's good to see Rachel earning some attention and we've had a lot of special appearances from Ultimates to Champions.

It seems that Rachel is developing her powers and had some visions with the future but this comes with a price. Revisiting people who were part of or marked their live for good or bad was also interesting but with some cruel truths.

About Storm and Gambit kissing considering that they were in a situation where they could die at any moment is not so bad at least think it's better than kissing old Logan .

For a moment I thought the child at the end was Molly Hayes.

In the letter section some readers made some comments about Emma as villain but the writer dodged them .

I hope Storm and Gambit start dating tbh.

It's not a bad pairing imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I hope Storm and Gambit start dating tbh.

It's not a bad pairing imo...
    They always are great together but I like them as friends more.

I wonder if those books will be significant in one form or another. Happy to see America, Hope, Gen X, and Moon Girl there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Very anticlimactic issue for me but I really liked that small Gambit/Storm interaction.

Sad that Remy won`t join this team.
    I have to agree with the anticlimactic part of your post, suddenly Rachel decides that she'll be powerful and then the problem is solved.

I disagree with the rest, I always liked the friendship, sort of brother and sister relationship between Gambit and Storm, so that kiss was a major disappointment for me.

Also I'm glad Gambit is leaving all he did was being incompetent, create a threat that resulted in people injured and dead, and did barely anything to stop it. I hope Gambit doesn't return to Gold and Guggenheim never writes him again

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It's still Gambit's fault
    Sadly, that's the truth.

Gambit and Storm have kissed before, it's not something new. They're both flirts and free spirits, it's not a big deal. It's just how their friendship works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Gambit and Storm have kissed before, it's not something new. They're both flirts and free spirits, it's not a big deal. It's just how their friendship works.
    This. They've been friends forever. If anything was going to happen between them, it would have happened by now.