Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men #1 preview

Written by Charles Soule
    Illustrated by Jim Cheung

ONLY THE X-MEN CAN SAVE US! An ancient evil is attacking the world’s most powerful minds. It will have them by the time you finish this sentence, and a moment later, it will have us all. A band of X-MEN discovers the truth behind the threat, but there is no time left. PSYLOCKE, OLD MAN LOGAN, BISHOP, ARCHANGEL, FANTOMEX, ROGUE and GAMBIT will attempt to save a world that hates and fears them. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE X-MEN. From blockbuster writer CHARLES SOULE and joined by a roster of superstar artists beginning with JIM CHEUNG. ASTONISHING X-MEN. It’s the X-book you need.

Well, it's a good-looking book and I do like that costume on Betsy. Soule isn't a guy whose work I'm that fond of, though.

Astonishing Member

While id like if they used someon else insted of old man logan and im not souls biggest fan I have to admite it looks greate.

It is good looking, that's for sure. I trust Soule... which I know is a weird thing to say around these parts... But every non-event book I've read from him has been thoroughly enjoyable.

Not sure how I feel about the all black everything Gambit's got going on though.

Great art. Beautiful!

Damn it, why Gambit can't be more stealthy like in solo by Asmus.

Also it seems Gambit telepathy resistance won't be remembered by Soule.

Interesting to see that Angel is back to being able to transform between normal and Archangel forms again. I wonder if his memories have returned.

It does indeed looks nice. Glad seeing Betsy sending her psy Butterflies to her fellow X-Men. Her trench is fierce and she and Remy look hot!

It's never gonna stop bothering me that this is the ONE Ressurxion book where the title font doesn't extend the 'X' to the edge of the page and fit in the little corner box tribute. It offends my OCD.

Book looks nice otherwise. Wanna see Bishop do more stuff.

Do appreciate that Psylocke's...message?...deliberately skipped Fantomex, as it should. (could just be his mask blocking it but I'd prefer to think it was a deliberate choice on her part)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

There is always a sense of grandeur in Jim Cheung’s art and being comics a visual medium it will compensate any shortcomings from the writing, so I can guarantee the first issues will be good.

BANNED

Other than sales of that book, what was the point of killing Wolverine if they were just gonna replace him with fourteen others?

lol i wonder what bishop is reading.

Soule: I’m not playing it safe with the cast, that’s for sure. I’m known in the X universe as something of a contract killer (after Wolverine, Cyclops, Madrox, etc. that’s probably at least a bit fair to say.) I love the X-Men, but I don’t think you can treat them with kid gloves, either – and this book holds to that principle 100%.

Reminds me Remender who just love to kill characters.

So did anyone actually get what happened to Warren in Bunn's run? Maybe it'll just be left unexplained and he's the one who Soule is going to kill off.