Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon View Post
    Laura has the blessing of being Wolverine from Logan. OML is not Wolverine. He doesn't want to be Wolverine, isn't called Wolverine, and won't be Wolverine. Daken masqueraded as Wolverine as well as Gorgon.
    Pretty much all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon View Post
    Laura has the blessing of being Wolverine from Logan. OML is not Wolverine. He doesn't want to be Wolverine, isn't called Wolverine, and won't be Wolverine. Daken masqueraded as Wolverine as well as Gorgon.
    Ben Reilly had Peter Parker's blessing to be Spider-Man when he gave it up for a bit, but that didn't stop people from referring to Parker as Spider-Man. OML may not be Wolverine or want to be Wolverine, but none of that will ever change other's perception of who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ummmm what happened to Fantomex and Mystique and Bishop on the roster for AXM??
    Hmm
    I'm thinking Mystique and Fanto are outright villains, obvious sure. Bishop is doing his own thing while those who are on the cover are "not a team" but at least loosely allied, maybe they don't approve of Bishops methods or maybe he prefers to work on his own more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cable:

Inhumans is ripping off X-Men as usual:

Hey, at least Cable will be interacting with more notable X-Characters (I recognize Shatterstar, Blink, Doop...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Ben Reilly had Peter Parker's blessing to be Spider-Man when he gave it up for a bit, but that didn't stop people from referring to Parker as Spider-Man. OML may not be Wolverine or want to be Wolverine, but none of that will ever change other's perception of who he is.
    Exactly. To a lot of people, Wolverine is synonymous with Logan like Parker with Spidey or Bruce Wayne with Batman. He might not have the costume but he didn't wear the costume in the movies either and he was still clearly meant to be Wolverine. It' s more about how he's perceived

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I'm thinking Mystique and Fanto are outright villains, obvious sure. Bishop is doing his own thing while those who are on the cover are "not a team" but at least loosely allied, maybe they don't approve of Bishops methods or maybe he prefers to work on his own more often.
    Oh...ok makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh...ok makes sense.
    Although, with Soule's continuity lightness and covers sometimes being misleading or outright lying, I could definitely be way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Ben Reilly and Laura are both clones but they definitely went through different paths and have vastly different reasons for being Spider-Man/Wolverine, respectively. And I know we can't change how people see Logan, but editorially and in-universe, Laura is supposed to be what Logan represented pre-DoW. Not as a character but the title. And I honestly dont see the point of her being primed for that title if Logan's not only going to "come back" (OML) but appear in way more titles than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, at least Cable will be interacting with more notable X-Characters (I recognize Shatterstar, Blink, Doop...).
    Saw that. Trying not to get too excited because covers don't always mean anything. Might be they just needed some heads to fill those bubbles.

I'm not getting my hopes up. The actual issue will probably have Cable pursuing Conquest through the timestream...still.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That black haired woman on Cable could be Lila Cheney.

Does anyone else just hate the original Cassady cover? I have seen so many reproductions and I never get it. It was the worse cover he did for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Cable:

Hehe Inhumans. I enjoyed the irony at least they recognize what the fans think .

Well I do not know if we can really take some covers seriously about the content.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I always loved that incredibly short-lived Generation X logo. Not buying the book, though.
    The Inhumans have one vaguely iconic cover in their entire existence: the Jae Lee #1 cover from their late 90s miniseries. Of course Marvel is again pillaging the X-Men again to vainly assist the Inhumans get some recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'